PDA

View Full Version : If you can't see the improvement your blind!

TopDog58
01-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Where are all the Ray haters now? Yeeeeeah

Did I miss one?

cbrunt29
01-02-2015, 10:11 PM
What I don't understand is why we wait till now to start playing worth a shit. We could've had a halfway decent season if we just don't lay down and die to teams like McNeese St, Upstate, Ark. St, ect.. it just amazes me.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:13 PM
What I don't understand is why we wait till now to start playing worth a shit. We could've had a halfway decent season if we just don't lay down and die to teams like McNeese St, Upstate, Ark. St, ect.. it just amazes me.

Could be bc we finally had ware, sword, and Houston playing

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Wow..... didn't expect that one

preachermatt83
01-02-2015, 10:20 PM

Did I miss one?

this is the dumbest post I have ever seen on this entire site.. one game over a terrible FSU team and you are ready to crown him Coach K. SMH!

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Not really a Ray hater or supporter, but let's give it more than one win before we declare him the next Pitino. More games than not we've looked like a complete joke on the court. Not ready to start contacting statue makers after one win.

JohnnyQuid
01-02-2015, 10:22 PM

Did I miss one?

It's one game after getting embarrassed for a month. You should prolly hold your horses a lil bit.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:28 PM
this is the dumbest post I have ever seen on this entire site.. one game over a terrible FSU team and you are ready to crown him Coach K. SMH!

I think he was being sarcastic

preachermatt83
01-02-2015, 10:29 PM
I think he was being sarcastic

I sure hope so..

BullDog
01-02-2015, 10:31 PM
This is the most appropriate post I've seen on an MSU sight. THE CULTURE OF LOSING IS A BIG DEVASTATING PSYCHOLOGICAL HURDEL. GO elites go!!!!

Did I miss one?

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:33 PM

Well don't we come out in full force calling for ray's head after "one" bad loss?

preachermatt83
01-02-2015, 10:35 PM
Well don't we come out in full force calling for ray's head after "one" bad loss?

did you say one?

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:40 PM
did you say one?

Well we've had more than 1 good win this year too. St. Louis, Utah st, and Fsu are good wins. Wanna know the common thread of those wins? A healthy ware. We were much better tonight bc of ware's return

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Well we've had more than 1 good win this year too. St. Louis, Utah st, and Fsu are good wins. Wanna know the common thread of those wins? A healthy ware. We were much better tonight bc of ware's return

One player away from losses to South Carolina Upstate, is still not "improvement". Especially at the rate our players get injured.

According to many, I thought FSU sucked though....RPI in the 160's I thought I saw somewhere. Was that really a good win? Or just a good win for a bad team?

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 10:43 PM
I still want a new coach..... I don't care if he beats UK.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:47 PM
Wait a second, msstate7....you started a thread after last game saying "Fire Ray NOW!". I just realized that you started that thread, yet you were preaching to me in a different thread a minute ago about how much you support Ray. Haha, what the heck, mane!

BullDog
01-02-2015, 10:48 PM
I still want a new coach..... I don't care if he beats UK. Splain your self. Ya'll so called bulldog fans never bring an realistic perspective to your grievances. Generally speaking MSU fans are used to losing and actually enjoy ruling elbows with the same ole.

Intramural All-American
01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I still want a new coach..... I don't care if he beats UK.

If we go 9-9 in SEC play, I support keeping him. That would be a winning record and demonstrate improvement. Anything less, and i advocate moving on.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:50 PM
One player away from losses to South Carolina Upstate, is still not "improvement". Especially at the rate our players get injured.

According to many, I thought FSU sucked though....RPI in the 160's I thought I saw somewhere. Was that really a good win? Or just a good win for a bad team?

Good win for us. Good win for ray. I thought he had lost this team. I was positive they had quit on ray. Well Ray got them to respond tonight. Am I sold on ray? No, not at all, but at least he took a baby step tonight. I hope he surprises me wed too

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:51 PM

Yes, You do. Haha

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?26833-Fire-Ray-now!!!!!!!&highlight=Fire+Now%21%21

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Wait a second, msstate7....you started a thread after last game saying "Fire Ray NOW!". I just realized that you started that thread, yet you were preaching to me in a different thread a minute ago about how much you support Ray. Haha, what the heck, mane!

Im not sold on Ray at all. When I saw a team lay down the other night, I wanted ray gone. He got his team to respond tonight so I gotta give him credit for that. I can handle losing, but I can't handle quitting

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:53 PM
Yes, You do. Haha

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?26833-Fire-Ray-now!!!!!!!&highlight=Fire+Now%21%21

Notice my pronoun usage.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Good win for us. Good win for ray. I thought he had lost this team. I was positive they had quit on ray. Well Ray got them to respond tonight. Am I sold on ray? No, not at all, but at least he took a baby step tonight. I hope he surprises me wed too

I agree it was a good win for our team. But it only muddies the waters if he keeps losing to shitty teams and then beating a few decent teams here and there. We don't need a few nice victories sprinkled in to a season that ends at .500 in SEC play and no NIT bid. That will just leave people thinking maybe Ray can get it done. If we were 9-4 right now, I would still be on the fence...but I'm not going to let one decent victory erase the garbage I watched the last 6 games prior. String a few of these together and I might change my views. I respect your opinion though

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Notice my pronoun usage.

I know. Just kidding with you, bud.

Lot of people on edge around here tonight it seems.

BullDog
01-02-2015, 10:57 PM
The fans and bloggers need to re-enter the womb. Ya'll talking baby steps? !! Really??

msstate7
01-02-2015, 10:58 PM
I agree it was a good win for our team. But it only muddies the waters if he keeps losing to shitty teams and then beating a few decent teams here and there. We don't need a few nice victories sprinkled in to a season that ends at .500 in SEC play and no NIT bid. That will just leave people thinking maybe Ray can get it done. If we were 9-4 right now, I would still be on the fence...but I'm not going to let one decent victory erase the garbage I watched the last 6 games prior. String a few of these together and I might change my views. I respect your opinion though

I see your point.

I wanna see what ray can do with this team as it heals up. Sword is coming around and ware is back. If we don't show considerable improvement, I'd fire him. If we start laying down again like against mcneese, I'd fire Ray before the season ends.

Quaoarsking
01-02-2015, 11:30 PM
If we can turn around and get to 8 or 9 SEC wins (seems unlikely, but we can do that without beating a single NIT- or NCAA-bound team), this season will be pretty much the same as a lot of Stansbury years.

Intramural All-American
01-02-2015, 11:35 PM
If we can turn around and get to 8 or 9 SEC wins (seems unlikely, but we can do that without beating a single NIT- or NCAA-bound team), this season will be pretty much the same as a lot of Stansbury years.

Which would show much improvement from last year. I'm not sure what your motive is for that post (for or against him), but to me that would show that he deserves another year.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 11:43 PM
Typical MSU redneck ignorance. It's a shame the silent majority of fans have to suffer phuks like you.

So where did I get it wrong? Please consider my ignorance and use small words. Thanks

JohnnyQuid
01-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Typical MSU redneck ignorance. It's a shame the silent majority of fans have to suffer phuks like you.

http://i57.tinypic.com/snf66q.png

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 11:50 PM
So where did I get it wrong? Please consider my ignorance and use small words. Thanks

Don't worry...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130919044711/defenderoftexel/images/5/51/Banhammer.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5090182f8b428e8023c917c583d661e1/tumblr_mnyhrjHMAh1s9362xo1_400.gif

TheDogFather
01-03-2015, 08:04 AM

Did I miss one?

Oh for the days a win over FSU wasnt the pinnacle of the season.

TheDogFather
01-03-2015, 08:06 AM

Which of the losses is the bad one?

msstate7
01-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Which of the losses is the bad one?

Good wins:

Utah state
St. Louis
Fsu

Bad losses:

Ark state
Usc upstate
Mcneese state

MaxedOutMaroon
01-03-2015, 09:18 AM
In my book he had to be OVER .500 at the end of the season to keep him. That got a lot tougher for him because of 3 bad losses. For the talent on this team, we should at least be 9-4 right now. Basically he must have an above .500 SEC slate before I'd keep him for next season. So either A). It sorts itself out with losses and he gets fired B). He goes on a run to finish the season putting us above .500 giving him a shot at next year to make the post season. One win over FSU tells me nothing. We beat the sweet 16 OM team, when we were absolutely terrible. Let's see how it works itself out. Long season

JOHNHEVESYMADE
01-03-2015, 09:54 AM
All this does is delay the inevitable. Ray won't get it done because he isn't beating anybody on recruits (Power 5 schools). This signing class only Weatherspoon is good and he isn't the messiah on the hardwood either. Struggs and Tookie aren't good enough!

msstate7
01-03-2015, 09:59 AM
All this does is delay the inevitable. Ray won't get it done because he isn't beating anybody on recruits (Power 5 schools). This signing class only Weatherspoon is good and he isn't the messiah on the hardwood either. Struggs and Tookie aren't good enough!

The '16 class looks good if Ray can do enough to get that far

engie
01-03-2015, 10:13 AM
The only way we're actually firing him is if he underwhelms in one half and crashes and burns in the other half. He's certainly underwhelmed in the noncon. But I was pretty surprised to see him get the team back going after the last one, when I really thought they had laid down. He goes 9-9 in the SEC in the second half of the season, and we're right back to being split down the middle on what needs to happen with him...

The fanbase badly needs him to either go 6-12 or 12-6 to close this thing out IMO...

drunkernhelldawg
01-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Don't know any conclusion, but it was kinda nice to see us looking like an actual basketball team

Quaoarsking
01-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Which would show much improvement from last year. I'm not sure what your motive is for that post (for or against him), but to me that would show that he deserves another year.

No motive either way. I like Rick Ray a lot. I liked Rick Stansbury too, although I supported his firing.

I just think it's worth pointing out that this current non-conference year has resembled a lot of non-conference years under Stans, all of the last 7 at least. There are a lot of Stans supporters who are looking for any reason to put Rick Ray down, (although in fairness, I think a lot of posters here hate both coaches), but any Stans supporter who wants to have a shred of consistency needs to be holding off until after the SEC slate to judge this season.

Radddawg
01-03-2015, 11:36 AM

Did I miss one?

You act like it was some huge upset. Wasn't the spread 2 points ?!? That should tell you the current state of FSU's basketball program. That being said, we looked good on defense and we knocked down some perimeter shots. It was great to see.

Dawg61
01-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Stars aligned last night with Ready, Sword, Ware and Houston all able to play healthy. Was anyone out with injury besides Zuppardo? Maybe Dunlap but that was it. Ray had an almost full roster last night. Can he MANAGE to keep it that way though.

msstate7
01-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Stars aligned last night with Ready, Sword, Ware and Houston all able to play healthy. Was anyone out with injury besides Zuppardo? Maybe Dunlap but that was it. Ray had an almost full roster last night. Can he MANAGE to keep it that way though.

The key last night was a healthy ware. If chicken and ware continue to stay healthy, I think this team could be decent.

Quaoarsking
01-03-2015, 11:55 AM
No guarantees, but we have 10 games in our SEC slate against teams that are unlikely to even get to the NIT. Unfortunately 6 of them are on the road, but it means that winning 8 or 9 games is possible if we have everyone healthy and play like we did last night:

Home games: Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, Missouri
Road games: Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Missouri, South Carolina, Vanderbilt

Of course, a few of these teams might pull it together and make the NIT, but at the same time, Alabama (home) and Texas A&M (road) might not.

thf24
01-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Maybe the December meltdown was just a matter of needing to "weather the storm" of minor injuries and possibly personal issues, but I still didn't like the team's or Ray's attitudes and body language during it. He's really going to have to make some strong statements from here out to win me back; status quo as defined at the beginning of the season isn't going to cut it now.

dawgs
01-03-2015, 12:15 PM
If we don't get to the NIT this year, ray should be gone. It's year 3 and he's got a core of 3 year vets. If they aren't in the NIT this year, our expectations for next year with a bunch of seniors is what? NIT? Then what? Start the same shitty cycle over?

And we aren't going to the NIT this year. I do fear we beat enough shitty sec teams for ray to get another year because we "improved" to 16-15 or whatever.