PDA

View Full Version : Not Trying to throw salt into a wound,

Noxdog
01-02-2015, 10:08 PM
But, If a line looks fishy it usually is. I've paid stupid tax before and realize it looked easy but beware. I sat back amused by all the "free money" posts. Either leave it alone or go counter intuitive and bet the "right" way.
If your emotionally invested on your bets you will get screwed anyway.

I learned a long time ago to not bet on MSU either way. Liberty bowl in 91 cured that .

Original48
01-02-2015, 10:10 PM
^This post.

AlmostPositive
01-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Vegas does not intentionally give you its money. There is no such thing as a lock. Ever.

Political Hack
01-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Boston College's basketball team was a lock back in the day.

State82
01-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Vegas does not intentionally give you its money. There is no such thing as a lock. Ever.

#1 rule in the betting game. Read it, remember it and commit it to memory for perpetuity.

Intramural All-American
01-02-2015, 11:10 PM
But, If a line looks fishy it usually is. I've paid stupid tax before and realize it looked easy but beware. I sat back amused by all the "free money" posts. Either leave it alone or go counter intuitive and bet the "right" way.
If your emotionally invested on your bets you will get screwed anyway.

I learned a long time ago to not bet on MSU either way. Liberty bowl in 91 cured that .

I'm happy that MSU fans lost money on this game. It serves you right. Especially if you are announcing it to the public about how bad you expect your team to get beat and trying to make money on our misfortunes. Good riddance.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-02-2015, 11:37 PM
I'm happy that MSU fans lost money on this game. It serves you right. Especially if you are announcing it to the public about how bad you expect your team to get beat and trying to make money on our misfortunes. Good riddance.

Agreed 100%. I didn't get to follow the game thread b/c I was at the game yelling my ass off, but having read the bet the farm thread, I was very much looking forward to reading meltdown posts on an MSU site due to an MSU win. To my disappointment, the game thread & the bet the farm thread were deleted b4 I could have the pleasure. I'm curious to know if were they deleted to save face for the takers, or to hide the embarrassment of such weak-minded fandom.

I'm neither pro- nor anti-Ray at this point, but I'm pro-MSU & I will never root against MSU players whether as a means to a new coaching hire or to my own personal gain. Ppl suggest that cheering for this team perpetuates a losing culture. No, the mark of a losing culture is when fans would rather be right about a loss than happy about a win. Don't ever take sides with anyone against the family.

mstatefan91
01-03-2015, 02:12 AM
Sitting here enjoying a drink while laughing at everyone who bet against us.

thf24
01-03-2015, 02:31 AM
I wonder if some of the regular blowhards who were all over this "lock" are a little more humble and less assuming in general when they decide to show themselves around here again. Doubtful, but it would be nice.