PDA

View Full Version : Hey Strick/Mullen or whoever..

I seen it dawg
01-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Makes the decision on DC....****ing hire somebody before what's left take jobs and signing day passes. You ****ing clowns are dicking this up as usual.

I seen it dawg
01-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Or is it dead period and we can't talk to coaching candidates per Bracky?

Smitty
01-02-2015, 08:55 PM
We will never get over the hump with Brackey still employed… Not for anything he does but the mindset of Strick allowing him to continue in his role is not the mindset of someone willing to do what it takes.

Brackey reflects on Strick.

Smitty
01-02-2015, 08:57 PM
nm

I seen it dawg
01-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Shit Bracky is probably camped up O ass just in case he is helping us recruit before announcing him.

preachermatt83
01-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Makes the decision on DC....****ing hire somebody before what's left take jobs and signing day passes. You ****ing clowns are dicking this up as usual.

THIS^^^ minus the profanity of course... Its getting ridiculous. O would come running if offered a DC job in the SEC for 1 mil a year I don't care what anyone says so offer it to him.. If not offer it to Manny.. Either would come. It's not that hard. I don't think its' as much strick as it is Mullen being stubborn. he is a control freak and its driving me crazy.

maroonmania
01-02-2015, 09:03 PM
We will never get over the hump with Brackey still employed… Not for anything he does but the mindset of Strick allowing him to continue in his role is not the mindset of someone willing to do what it takes.

Brackey reflects on Strick.

I believe technically Bracky works directly for Keenum.

AROB44
01-03-2015, 07:42 AM
If not offer it to Manny

I will be real disappointed if this is our new DC.

TheRef
01-03-2015, 09:52 AM
I believe technically Bracky works directly for Keenum.

He does...

Smitty
01-03-2015, 10:10 AM
Our AD doesn't have the pull to get rid of Bracky? Keenum wants to keep Bracky? Culture needed for success not there either scenario.

engie
01-03-2015, 10:15 AM
We are still in a dead period.

But I'm with you guys -- we could definitely use some good news. They need to spend $1mil from our new mint here and knock it out of the park....

preachermatt83
01-03-2015, 10:19 AM
If not offer it to Manny

I will be real disappointed if this is our new DC.

why?

DanDority
01-03-2015, 10:25 AM
We are still in a dead period.

But I'm with you guys -- we could definitely use some good news. They need to spend $1mil from our new mint here and knock it out of the park....

Unfortunately, I look for us to use that money to get another assistant AD.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 10:27 AM
I wonder if the LSU upheaval has not thrown a wrench in things and we can't move forward until some of that is settled. And it might be multiple changes are coming and finding the right fit between all of the coaches is the issue. I don't know if that's the case.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 10:34 AM
A lot of LSU people think a Pendergast/Orgeron deal is in the works. Just rumors of course but a lot of talk and info from their supposed insiders. Then the situation around Haley and what they are going to do with him. I think things are just very fluid right now and with everyone already saying any announcements would probably be next week, we just have to be patient. Always rather hire the right guy instead of quick. But like everyone else would love for this to be laid to bed sooner rather than later.

I seen it dawg
01-03-2015, 10:43 AM
So instead of locking someone down right after Collins leaves....like every other program does...we go all CIA, our usual, and decide we will have zero news and wait everybody out in top secret. Fn small time operation. Hope everybody enjoyed winning 10 we won't ever do it again.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 11:03 AM
That's not true. Most programs take this long or longer. How long and how many guys did it take A & M? UNC? And they fired their guys. They already knew they would be looking. Auburn made a quick run at Muschamp but we were not in need at the time. Most of the time schools do not hire any quicker than we are.

I seen it dawg
01-03-2015, 11:08 AM
Let me preface this by saying this isn't about O in particular I'm just using him..

If we end up with O I may soften my stance. If not and LSU ends up with him then I'm right. I don't want to be right but I'm beaten down by the stupid shit we do.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 11:12 AM
You may be right but I think it's been the change at LSU throwing a monkey wrench in things causing a pause from the other side. Not from our side. And if that is the case then it's definitely better for us to have waited then to announce O and have him bolt after a week for LSU. A lot of smoke that they are getting Pendergast and he wants O to join him.

preachermatt83
01-03-2015, 11:21 AM
You may be right but I think it's been the change at LSU throwing a monkey wrench in things causing a pause from the other side. Not from our side. And if that is the case then it's definitely better for us to have waited then to announce O and have him bolt after a week for LSU. A lot of smoke that they are getting Pendergast and he wants O to join him.

O would not take a DL job at Lsu if he could be a DC at State. Why? Bc he wants to be a HC again and he ain't getting there from the DL position at LSU. The only exception would be if he is thinking Pendergrass would go to the NFL in a yr or two and he would get promoted.

engie
01-03-2015, 11:29 AM
O would not take a DL job at Lsu if he could be a DC at State. Why? Bc he wants to be a HC again and he ain't getting there from the DL position at LSU. The only exception would be if he is thinking Pendergrass would go to the NFL in a yr or two and he would get promoted.

And if he fails as a DC? Where's he at then?

One is very high risk, one is very low risk. DL coach at LSU = being with his family, as his twin sons are in their SR year of highschool and he already has one kid at LSU.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 11:35 AM

That's the thing we don't know, the structure of the deals, money, how he perceives the steps to be elevated to allow him easier promotions, not to mention how much family is weighing into this. Let's not forget that LSU wasn't even a DL option three days ago. Maybe a co thing with Pendergast and him staying at home for the same salary is enough. We just don't know what he is ranking in the importance scale. Or if just the situation is just given him pause and we are lining up back up options in case. But I could see him looking at staying at home, coaching with a guy he really likes, making the same money and in two years time have basically the same opportunities as he has now with us. Or maybe even getting that higher profile job straight from there. A lot of pros and cons.

AROB44
01-03-2015, 02:18 PM
why?

Not really sure why?.....I would rather have O, I think. How's that for being definitive. Don't ever say I am wishy washy. No sitting on the fence for me.

IMissJack
01-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Of course I could be wrong, as everyone else could be, but it seems like every other school runs rings around us at this kind of thing. How long did it take Auburn, FL, aTm, to pull the trigger? Not long, they had a list of choices and went after them.

Really Clark?
01-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Of course I could be wrong, as everyone else could be, but it seems like every other school runs rings around us at this kind of thing. How long did it take Auburn, FL, aTm, to pull the trigger? Not long, they had a list of choices and went after them.

It took A & M over a month. Fired on 11/28 and they made multiple pushes to coaches, including Bud Foster and supposedly Muschamp who they didn't get. It took auburn 2 weeks even though they knew Muschamp would be available for over a month. 12 days after Florida names head coach does he hire Collins. And new hires and firing and replacing guys are totally different. We were not looking to replace a DC. And it's been a grand total of what? 18 days since Collins left. We are right on pace with Everyone else you listed.