PDA

View Full Version : Scott Stricklin

Smitty
01-02-2015, 03:10 PM
If we bungle this DC hire (and hoops one in a few months) I'm of the opinion that he has to go. He simply doesn't have what it would take for us.

What are the steps to getting rid of an AD? Presidents decision? Big donors?

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 03:13 PM
If we bungle this DC hire (and hoops one in a few months) I'm of the opinion that he has to go. He simply doesn't have what it would take for us.

What are the steps to getting rid of an AD? Presidents decision? Big donors?

You would think Mullen would be highly involved in this hire, and if Stricklin tries to interfere or say "no" to a guy that just led us to the Orange Bowl, he's a doofus. You're right, if he botches this and then botches the BBall hire, he needs to go.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2015, 03:17 PM
This is Mullen's hire not Scott's.

Bama_Dawg
01-02-2015, 03:19 PM

^This. Stricklin's involvement should be on pay...that's it.

Dawg496
01-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Is Mullen being given ample resources to make the hire of his choice? If Scott handcuffs him by capping it at 750k, it's all on him IMO, and not Mullen.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Mullen has made every hire since his 1st year. Nothing has changed.

Smitty
01-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Strick has to step up financially AND to Mullen regarding the defensive side of the ball. Time to earn your bones Scotty

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Yea, I expect a decent DC hire from Mullen....but if Scott screws around with the bball hire, I will question whether he deserves to be AD. Or if he handcuffs Mullen financially on a DC hire.

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Is Mullen being given ample resources to make the hire of his choice? If Scott handcuffs him by capping it at 750k, it's all on him IMO, and not Mullen.

This is not an issue

Dawg496
01-02-2015, 03:39 PM
This is not an issue

Great to hear. Given the necessary resources there is nothing precluding us from making a homerun hire.

TheRef
01-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Following the Ray hire, Scott has made some really good hiring decisions in Vic Schaefer and Vann Studemann. Y'all are kinda acting like he hasn't made a good hire yet.

Dawg61
01-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Following the Ray hire, Scott has made some really good hiring decisions in Vic Schaefer and Vann Studemann. Y'all are kinda acting like he hasn't made a good hire yet.

SS gets almost no credit for Studemann. She was a gift because the HC changed his mind about being the new LSU HC in only 24 hours.

TheRef
01-02-2015, 03:49 PM
SS gets almost no credit for Studemann. She was a gift because the HC changed his mind about being the new LSU HC in only 24 hours.

He still pulled the trigger and gave her enough for her to come down the road. Something to be said about that

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 03:50 PM

Because they aren't football, basketball, or baseball. Not saying it's fair, but it's the life of a SEC AD. Those sports don't bring in money or viewers

Dawg496
01-02-2015, 03:53 PM
He still pulled the trigger and gave her enough for her to come down the road. Something to be said about that

The skill is not in fulfilling formalities (i.e. hammering out contracts or other nominal effort tasks), it's stregically finding great fits and having the tact to lure them in to the program. Everything else is a given.

Stricklin isn't a lawyer, he is the head of our athletic department who should be fostering relationships and having the wherewithal to conduct coaching searches successfully which includes hiring qualified people using his own influence and connections.

And no, I don't give Byrne credit for hiring John Cohen.