PDA

View Full Version : Guys...

AugustaDawg
06-19-2013, 01:49 PM
With our recent success in the CWS, I have noticed that a lot of our fans are making arrogant posts on here, thepack, twitter and facebook. I think this is the best time to prove to everyone why we have the best fan base in the nation: Enjoy every minute of this but keep a level head, take your shots respectfully, and try not to act like the typical arrogant Ole Miss fan.

Here's to hoping we make it to the finals and have the most impressive attendance showing in Omaha. Hope to see you there!

I seen it dawg
06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Duly noted. Lock it

Sandman14
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Respectfully, I have no ****ing clue of what you speak.

Get your kicks in now because we will likely get a curb stomping in football this year. Also, we've been winning championships for the last three years, so my arrogance for baseball came back when we won our regional two years ago. It's the name on the jersey. It stands for baseball success. When you wear it and you get to postseason, you know that you will win. Contrarily, when your jersey says "Ole Miss" in big ass cursive, clown-suit looking fashion, you know for a fact you are about to fail.

The Croom Diaries
06-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I assume you are talking about taking shots at OM for their lack of baseball success. I won't insult you for your point of view, but I think State fans being loud and proud is a good thing. Sure, it's annoying when OM people are hollering about whatever they are hollering about, but that also draws attention to them, and as the saying goes all publicity is good publicity. If I had my druthers, I wish we could all be civil and respectful right up until game time. But that's not how it is. The SEC is a warzone, and we are in a constant battle with them. I don't care to be named the least obnoxious fanbase in the SEC anymore. I'd prefer to make some noise and have people talking about MSU rather than saying, "Mississippi State who? Oh, that team in ole Starkville, those are kind folks with a poor athletic program".

AugustaDawg
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm all for being loud and proud... Like I said, "take your shots respectfully". There is a big difference.

Coach34
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
I get where you are coming from Augusta- but we have taken so much shit from other fanbases over the years, it's our time to give some back. That's just my personality anyway- I'll take it when it's your time, just be prepared for me when I get my chance

Bert Stare
06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
With our recent success in the CWS, I have noticed that a lot of our fans are making arrogant posts on here, thepack, twitter and facebook. I think this is the best time to prove to everyone why we have the best fan base in the nation: Enjoy every minute of this but keep a level head, take your shots respectfully, and try not to act like the typical arrogant Ole Miss fan.

Oh Noes! I can't believe someone would put something that is not completely civilized and true on these icons of digital communication. What the **** do you intend to do about it? This is a huge issue facing all of us, and I will make every attempt to help you rid the interwebs of these nuisances. Gather your gear and follow me!

TexasDawg
06-19-2013, 02:07 PM
If I have a reason to be loud and proud and be able to say we have the best team in the land by God I am gonna do it. And I'm gonna let everybody that counted us down and out hear about it too

I seen it dawg
06-19-2013, 02:09 PM
I tried to get it locked. Dogpile.

What the **** are you talking about? Are you one of the fans that continuously congratulate ole miss and rip us at every turn for recruiting, Freezus, etc? Take shots respectfully is great but not realistic. If we don't be respectful are they gonna be mad? Gonna hate us worse? Gonna try to tear us down in a more graphic way? Jesus get in the real world.

AugustaDawg
06-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Wow, y'all def. missed my point here.

The Croom Diaries
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm all for being loud and proud... Like I said, "take your shots respectfully". There is a big difference.

Here's basically what happens when you're respectful in this rivalry:

OM: "Dan Mullen runs a program full of thugs" "Dan Mullen is a Scientologist, etc."

MSU: "No he isn't, he goes to the Episcopal church in town!"

OM: "Dan Mullen runs a program full of thugs" "Dan Mullen is a Scientologist, etc."

Here's what happens when you throw stones back:

MSU: [Tradition video]

OM: ________________________.

I seen it dawg
06-19-2013, 02:19 PM
You're post is prob one of those that while noble and very parently isn't and hasnt come off very well. None of us here are your children, even though we act like children. Post fail.

Todd4State
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
1. We are getting some bandwagon fans now. Yes, you read that correctly. In my experience following sports, more often than not- those are the biggest trash talkers. But by God, I think it's great that we are getting some bandwagon fans- ask Alabama and LSU if they make a difference as far as promoting your brand.

2. I trash talked at LSU. But I only did it because their condescending fans and players started it. Of course, I waited until they got eliminated.

3. There is no tangible correlation between trash talking or lack thereof and the team winning.

4. Ole Miss fans and baseball people have done a LOT to try to hurt our program. Much of it behind the scenes. They've bashed Cohen to scouts, players, recruits, you name it. One of their most favorite things to do was call our program a "dead program"- in other words, good history but MSU will never come close to achieving what they did before. They bashed us when Polk II was here as well. The Forrest Moore incident was largely orchestrated by Ole Miss as well. It's not a coincidence that subpoena was delivered in Oxford.

I seen it dawg
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM

Augusta please burn this to your memory. And replay it when you think about posting that shit again.

TexasDawg
06-19-2013, 02:21 PM
No I think we get the point, I just think its ridiculous if you truly believe you are gonna be able to reach out to 100,000+ MSU fans across the country and get them to respectfully cheer. We are one of the 4 best teams out there right now, be happy and show off some school pride. Lord knows its about time we are able to

Todd4State
06-19-2013, 02:22 PM

I think the blank should be filled with HD6- PLEASE MAKE THEM STOP!

I seen it dawg
06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Hahaha that's even better.

Todd4State
06-19-2013, 02:24 PM
No I think we get the point, I just think its ridiculous if you truly believe you are gonna be able to reach out to 100,000+ MSU fans across the country and get them to respectfully cheer. We are one of the 4 best teams out there right now, be happy and show off some school pride. Lord knows its about time we are able to

Totally agree. We need to enjoy this ride that we are on. Just like the players, we need to focus on the next game and enjoy the journey that we are on.

The Croom Diaries
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
The MSU fanbase is changing their thinking from the ways of old to the ways of new, and I think this is the leading message board as far as the percentage of people who want to bring MSU to the forefront rather than sit quietly and know your roll like we've done in the past. If this baseball team can bring out the fire and hunger in our fanbase then it's legacy will stretch further than just potentially winning a national championship, but into other sports as well as we band together to march to the top of the mountain to face the big boys.

FISHDAWG
06-19-2013, 02:32 PM
^^^^ NICE one there Todd ^^^

Bert Stare
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
I think the blank should be filled with HD6- PLEASE MAKE THEM STOP!

Followed by:

HD6: It's Coming!
DerHntr: **complete boner at the thought of power abuse**
Optimus Prime4: It's Okay, guys. I took care of it. I changed the [tradition video] to the one where state fans from 6 years ago were obsessed with Ole Miss while in Omaha.
HD6: Good job, OP4. I love that video. Also, I made that poster 'read-only'
DerHntr: Well, I banned him completely! **jacks off silently to his monitor**

AugustaDawg
06-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm here to admit... Serious "POST FAIL". I had a moment, I assessed the situation and I agree. Enjoy this shit while you can. Just not going to go personally attack Tony Kemp/Mason Katz, or another college kid (what prompted my initial post) in the process. Not that any of y'all are guilty of that but personally, I think that is below our program. Carry on with you day and enjoy probably the most exciting time in MSU sports history. One win away from the NC games.

The Croom Diaries
06-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm here to admit... Serious "POST FAIL". I had a moment, I assessed the situation and I agree. Enjoy this shit while you can. Just not going to go personally attack Tony Kemp/Mason Katz, or another college kid (what prompted my initial post) in the process. Not that any of y'all are guilty of that but personally, I think that is below our program. Carry on with you day and enjoy probably the most exciting time in MSU sports history. One win away from a NC.

If your post was meant to be about attacking college baseball players then yes, you have a point. But maybe mention what you are referring to next time. I don't really see the point in attacking someone you don't know, especially a kid. But when it comes to other fanbases, crow, and crow loud.

Pollodawg
06-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Followed by:

Optimus Prime4: It's Okay, guys. I took care of it. I changed the [tradition video] to the one where state fans from 6 years ago were obsessed with Ole Miss while in Omaha.

And he has pretty much nailed sixpack in about five lines.

Bert Stare
06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Followed by:

Followed by the following threads (mainly for clicks):

Dawgstudent: OT-Best restaurant in the Southeastern United States.... GO!
Dawgstudent: OT-Favorite patch of sand on the Gulf Of Mexico beaches
HD6: IT is STILL coming!
Schmuley: 17 all u stupid mother17ers! 17 this, 17 that, 17 everything.
Dawgstudent: OT-Golf courses with less than 20 holes....GO!

Coach34
06-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Followed by the following threads (mainly for clicks):

Dawgstudent: OT-Best restaurant in the Southeastern United States.... GO!
Dawgstudent: OT-Favorite patch of sand on the Gulf Of Mexico beaches
HD6: IT is STILL coming!
Schmuley: 17 all u stupid mother17ers! 17 this, 17 that, 17 everything.
Dawgstudent: OT-Golf courses with less than 20 holes....GO!

I got a legit laugh out of this- nicely done

Political Hack
06-19-2013, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty pumped about OM Tradition Part II.