PDA

View Full Version : SEC West returning starters for 2015

Coach34
01-02-2015, 02:12 PM
1. Fredo leads the pack with 17 starters unless they have an early entry- they have QB issues but will be good at the skill positions. Defensively- they lose Thompson and Bennett in the rotation- and their 2 starting inside LB's. Should be very good again in 2015

2. LSU returns 17 starters right now, but the draft could snag a couple. They have a serious QB issue to solve- but excellent skill people and a good OL. Their OL does lose 3 of their 4 guards though. Defensively, they only lose 2 starters but Mills and Collins could bolt.

3. UPig returns 15 starters. Offensively, they only lose 2 starters- the RT and TE. Defensively- they lose 5. This will be a salty bunch in 2015.

4. Auburn returns 14 starters. New QB, new TB...2015 QB is more thrower than runner. WR group will be very good. Only 2 off the OL and the entire 2-deep. DL loses half the 2-deep...but only lose 1 LB and 2 in Secondary. Boom should have a good D in 2015

5. Texas A&M returns 13 starters- lose the TE, a WR, and the left side of their OL. Lots of weapons return and more coming in. 6 starters return on D- but lose 3/4 in the Secondary. New DC has work to do.

6. State returns 11 starters (I just cant count Jones and Redmond as back-ups). OL has to come together in replacing 3 starters- but the talent is there. WR group will be very good. Best QB in the SEC returning. Solid at RB. Defense has to solve some issues- losing 5 of 7 starters upfront.

7. Bama is losing their entire offense, sans 2 starters on the OL. Loses 3 starters on D- but maybe a 4th or 5th to the draft. Saban has work to do- but obviously talent to get it done. Replacing your QB and your entire WR group along with TE is a huge task on O

MetEdDawg
01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
There's still a couple left in play with Auburn. Frost and McKinzy are interested in declaring. Coates already declared. That could be a big loss if either of those two declare.

I think Arkansas is very intriguing. They lose a lot on the DL. I think they are our toughest road game next year and I seriously think they have a chance at the division next year. They were very nearly a 10-2 team this year.

If Ole Miss can recover in the front 7 they will be good again. But they lose a lot of leadership there. I think their offense takes a hit next year because of the QB situation. I like having them in Starkville. If Dak is back we win that game.

I still think TAMU will have a rough go of it on defense. They will be better offensively. Hate having this game on the road. This is a critical game that we need to win if we are going to get to 9-10 wins.

Bama is the intriguing one. Bama took a step back and still got into the playoffs. They lose 8 starters on offense and 3 really huge playmakers on defense. Can they bounce back with Coker at QB? I'm not sure they can.

After looking at everything, I think we've got a good chance to get 9-10 wins again as long as Dak comes back. I think we can win in Jordan Hare and in Columbia next year. Fayetteville and College Station will be our tough road games. Auburn could be done by week 4 because they play Louisville week 1 and @LSU week 3 right before they play us. That's an awful first 4 weeks for them.

I love what we return on offense and think we could be even better there. Question is the defense. How big a drop off from Wells and B Mac? Can we get better safety play? Can we replace the production from Preston? If we answer those questions we will be a really good team again.

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 02:52 PM
1. Fredo leads the pack with 17 starters unless they have an early entry- they have QB issues but will be good at the skill positions. Defensively- they lose Thompson and Bennett in the rotation- and their 2 starting inside LB's. Should be very good again in 2015 Crazy how many people they return, yet their coach still says they have to recruit better.

2. LSU returns 17 starters right now, but the draft could snag a couple. They have a serious QB issue to solve- but excellent skill people and a good OL. Their OL does lose 3 of their 4 guards though. Defensively, they only lose 2 starters but Mills and Collins could bolt. I think they're gonna struggle again next year. They're a one trick pony on offense with Fournette, and they can't keep a solid group on defense (no leadership)

3. UPig returns 15 starters. Offensively, they only lose 2 starters- the RT and TE. Defensively- they lose 5. This will be a salty bunch in 2015. This is gonna be a greasy group returning next year. I still think the qb position will be their weak point, and it'll lead to a few losses

4. Auburn returns 14 starters. New QB, new TB...2015 QB is more thrower than runner. WR group will be very good. Only 2 off the OL and the entire 2-deep. DL loses half the 2-deep...but only lose 1 LB and 2 in Secondary. Boom should have a good D in 2015 They will most likely have to rely on new WR's as well. Luckily for them, Williams returns and he'll be their go to guy. It'll be interesting to see what Muschamp does with this defense. I expect them to compete for the West next year.

5. Texas A&M returns 13 starters- lose the TE, a WR, and the left side of their OL. Lots of weapons return and more coming in. 6 starters return on D- but lose 3/4 in the Secondary. New DC has work to do. The offense will be lethal next year, but you're right, Chavis will have his work cut out for him with all that youth on defense.

6. State returns 11 starters (I just cant count Jones and Redmond as back-ups). OL has to come together in replacing 3 starters- but the talent is there. WR group will be very good. Best QB in the SEC returning. Solid at RB. Defense has to solve some issues- losing 5 of 7 starters upfront. I'm solid with our offense going into next year. We'll be able to put up points, but the defense scares me. We'll have a young rotation at DL, youth in the rotation at LB and freshman safeties. We'll have our most veteran duo in our 2 db's. I have a feeling Peters, Bryant and Gray are going to be the keys to our defense being successful next year.

7. Bama is losing their entire offense, sans 2 starters on the OL. Loses 3 starters on D- but maybe a 4th or 5th to the draft. Saban has work to do- but obviously talent to get it done. Replacing your QB and your entire WR group along with TE is a huge task on O They'll just reload like normal. They lose Cooper but his back ups are just as talented (potentially). They may take a hit defensively if Jarran Reed declares for the draft. He was a space eater for them this year.

nt

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 03:03 PM
How are y'all not mentioning the losses of Prewitt and Golson for Ole Miss...those are 2 gigantic losses for them. If you want to see how big, see MSU's defense with Nickoe vs without him...and Prewitt is better than Nickoe. They will still be a good team, but they're losing their leader on defense, and their leader on offense.

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 03:26 PM
How are y'all not mentioning the losses of Prewitt and Golson for Ole Miss...those are 2 gigantic losses for them. If you want to see how big, see MSU's defense with Nickoe vs without him...and Prewitt is better than Nickoe. They will still be a good team, but they're losing their leader on defense, and their leader on offense.

Very true, but they still have Hampton, Elston and Conner at the safety positions. And I'm guessing they are counting on Tee Shepard to replace Golson (even though Shepard hasn't seen a game in about 3 years).

CadaverDawg
01-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Very true, but they still have Hampton, Elston and Conner at the safety positions. And I'm guessing they are counting on Tee Shepard to replace Golson (even though Shepard hasn't seen a game in about 3 years).

True