PDA

View Full Version : '15 bama offense

msstate7
01-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Stole this from tRant (pacwilly)...

Is it likely Bama only returns 2 starters on offense next year? Robinson and Kelly on the OL

Players leaving?
3 WRs or 2 WRs/TE (White, Vogler, Jones + Cooper early)
3 OL - Koundjio, Brown, Shepherd
QB - Sims
FB - Fowler
RB - Yeldon (early)

I'm sure there's plenty of talent behind these players, but that's still a ton of experience walking out the door on offense.

We should be able to beat them at home next year imo

klong-dog
01-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Would we storm the field****

Dawg61
01-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Henry RB leaving too?

VandelayIndustries
01-02-2015, 01:13 PM
Henry RB leaving too?

Think he is only a true Sophomore going into his Junior year.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Henry RB leaving too?

He's not a starter. Losing rb's is no issue for bama though.

fishwater99
01-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Henry is a starter.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Henry is a starter.

He was a starter last night due to yeldon injury

Dawg61
01-02-2015, 02:43 PM
He's not a starter. Losing rb's is no issue for bama though.

He's every bit the starter Yeldon is. Henry 990 yards on 172 carries to Yeldon's 979 yards on 194 carries. I'd much rather deal with Yeldon over Henry but if at all possible I'd rather deal with anyone else than both of them. Bring on the next two 5* backs please. Henry is a full grown man.

defiantdog
01-02-2015, 03:12 PM
He's every bit the starter Yeldon is. Henry 990 yards on 172 carries to Yeldon's 979 yards on 194 carries. I'd much rather deal with Yeldon over Henry but if at all possible I'd rather deal with anyone else than both of them. Bring on the next two 5* backs please. Henry is a full grown man.

Alabama didn't have any 2014 RB commits crazy enough. But Henry will have Drake (fast as hell), Tenpenny (looks like a smaller Henry) and Jones (runs kind of like Yeldon but shorter) backing him up. Also, Flowers comes in next year as a true freshman and not only does he run like Yeldon, but he looks like him too.

But honestly, I like our trio of Shump, Atrain and Lee more. Everyone of those guys are fall foward type of running backs. And I know a lot of you don't think this, but Shump and Atrain are great blockers. You may say Henry is a full grown man, but he can't block a damn thing, but that's never really Bama's issue because of their success with their OL.

TUSK
01-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Alabama didn't have any 2014 RB commits crazy enough. But Henry will have Drake (fast as hell), Tenpenny (looks like a smaller Henry) and Jones (runs kind of like Yeldon but shorter) backing him up. Also, Flowers comes in next year as a true freshman and not only does he run like Yeldon, but he looks like him too.

But honestly, I like our trio of Shump, Atrain and Lee more. Everyone of those guys are fall foward type of running backs. And I know a lot of you don't think this, but Shump and Atrain are great blockers. You may say Henry is a full grown man, but he can't block a damn thing, but that's never really Bama's issue because of their success with their OL.

this^

the "skill" positions shouldn't be an issue... biggest losses to replace on O (IMO) will be LG Arie K. & FB Fowler... Cooper is a huge loss in production, but it will be mitigated somewhat.

On Defense, losing MLB Depriest (runs the D) Jack LB Dickson, and S Collins are biggest losses... the rest of the D will be in OK shape....

Heading into '14, Bammer actually had the LEAST experience in the SEC, save Vandy and LSU....

I think Bammer will be a bit better next year.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 05:01 PM
this^

the "skill" positions shouldn't be an issue... biggest losses to replace on O (IMO) will be LG Arie K. & FB Fowler... Cooper is a huge loss in production, but it will be mitigated somewhat.

On Defense, losing MLB Depriest (runs the D) Jack LB Dickson, and S Collins are biggest losses... the rest of the D will be in OK shape....

Heading into '14, Bammer actually had the LEAST experience in the SEC, save Vandy and LSU....

I think Bammer will be a bit better next year.

Glad you're ok, buddy. We all took it on the chin this week

TUSK
01-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Glad you're ok, buddy. We all took it on the chin this week

Thanks, buddy... with our "break but don't bend" defense, it's been a long time coming... big plays.... ugh...

I was pleased we even made the CFP in after having so many preseason unknowns and more, key injuries than normal...