PDA

View Full Version : SEC needed this. They need to be HUNGRY again.

cheewgumm
01-02-2015, 12:30 AM
NMs

Dawgowar
01-02-2015, 12:33 AM
And it is a good time for some new blood to climb the damn mountain if you will.

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2015, 12:34 AM
The way this has gone the sec champion will be lucky to make the playoffs next season.

msstate7
01-02-2015, 12:34 AM
I hope we can turn things back in our favor as a conference, but I have my doubts. Saban is getting older. How long before meyer and harbaugh are the premier coaches in college? I don't think it will be long at all.

cheewgumm
01-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Thing is, SEC can get the athletes...just need to be creative / innovative and fight like hell.

Also, need (IMO) to challenge teams OOC. But our fanbase doesn't want that, so we're not going to do it. I'd be for trying the old "Anywhere, anytime" motto and play like that. Schedule big teams in OOC...create that atmosphere. This is a time we can separate ourselves.

klong-dog
01-02-2015, 12:39 AM
Nah, we still play in the South. Warm weather, better athletes, better looking ladies, better stadiums, better tailgating. I think you're overreacting a tad bit.

Dawgowar
01-02-2015, 12:49 AM
Nah, we still play in the South. Warm weather, better athletes, better looking ladies, better stadiums, better tailgating. I think you're overreacting a tad bit.

Agree. Couple of things, ur old mentality about playing powder puffs OOC was born of the need to get Bowl Eligible when there were fewer bowls. Not an issue any longer. That is contractual. Second, Big 12 and most of the Big Ten are never going to challenge. Big Ten will be a three way between OSU, Michigan, and PSU. The rest will make noise but won't be consistent.

Texas will be back.

See how long these other conferences want to play home and home with SEC school come a few hot August/September nights in our stadiums at full battle rattle mode. Wounded southern pride, heck of a motivating thing.

Besides, networks need our people watching their crap.

Bama and Auburn losing takes the blame off us Mississippi schools. Let the big boys eat the shit burgers first. "Pawl. Paul...you think they should vote for us to be number one anyway?"

Quaoarsking
01-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Hopefully we'll reach the point someday that nobody cares which conference is "best" and we just see them the same way as NFL divisions.

Dawgowar
01-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Hopefully we'll reach the point someday that nobody cares which conference is "best" and we just see them the same way as NFL divisions.

Need to, these are still kids and a 12 game regular season, plus a conference CG followed by post season is like an NFL season. Only one NFL team made it through unblemished. Need to take some of the W-L pressure off with automatic bids by conference with 3 at larges left.

Bully13
01-02-2015, 01:21 AM
NMs

this X 1,000. attitude and hunger are the key elements of winning. complacency is what kills. start coasing, and this is what happens. the bottom line is that the fan base of the SEC will rule because we love it more. in the end, they will have their hockey, NFL and hoops but we will always be king of college football because we love it more.

they can go have their temporary yankee circle jerk but we will continue to bend their asses over time and time again. .

BLITZII
01-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Thing is, SEC can get the athletes...just need to be creative / innovative and fight like hell.

Also, need (IMO) to challenge teams OOC. But our fanbase doesn't want that, so we're not going to do it. I'd be for trying the old "Anywhere, anytime" motto and play like that. Schedule big teams in OOC...create that atmosphere. This is a time we can separate ourselves.

cheew - keep in mind that it doesn't matter what the fans want.....we have to play a Power 5 team beginning in 2016 I believe......so the SEC took care of this for us. Right?