PDA

View Full Version : Amazing fact

msstate7
01-01-2015, 05:22 PM
2 playoff teams (bama and Fsu) both have a true freshman starting at LT.

If these teams can start the best player regardless of class, then mullen should too. This is one of the things I want mullen to correct. Mullen's allegiance should be to the football team, not individual upper classmen

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2015, 05:27 PM
I get him wanting to reward "program" guys by naming them "starters". It's a nice reward. But, play your best 11 and get over the feel good stuff once the whistle blows.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2015, 05:30 PM
I agree....It is stunning to me that we are nowhere near the overall talent level of a team like Alabama, yet we rarely have our best 11 guys on the field on either side of the ball at the same time. It is totally incompetent. Does Saban put his best guys on the field?

Smitty
01-01-2015, 05:32 PM
I agree....It is stunning to me that we are nowhere near the overall talent level of a team like Alabama, yet we rarely have our best 11 guys on the field on either side of the ball at the same time. It is totally incompetent. Does Saban put his best guys on the field?

There is no explanation.

thunderclap
01-01-2015, 05:41 PM

I no longer call it stunning. It's 17ing stupid.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Hmmmm you guys gonna get yelled at

IMissJack
01-01-2015, 06:40 PM
I get him wanting to reward "program" guys by naming them "starters". It's a nice reward. But, play your best 11 and get over the feel good stuff once the whistle blows.

Is this the kid soccer culture? Everyone gets a trophy... Just wondering if it had manifested itself in college football.

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Is this the kid soccer culture? Everyone gets a trophy... Just wondering if it had manifested itself in college football.
Probably - or just the manifestation of what Mullen talks about with our "family" approach - commitment to hard work , buy into what we are doing, etc. and rewarding the guys who do that.

gravedigger
01-01-2015, 07:07 PM
So for arguments sake who of our freshman should've played over our upperclassman

gravedigger
01-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Ill say gabe myles over lewis. Who else?

msstate7
01-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Not just freshmen. Here's a couple...

Chris jones over pj jones
Fred Ross over Robert johnson