PDA

View Full Version : Final Statistical Update, post 2014 season

Quaoarsking
01-01-2015, 02:37 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Here is a recap of how the leaderboards were impacted in 2014.

CAREER:
Dak Prescott is now 3rd alltime with 4,483 passing yards. He's only 753 behind Wayne Madkin's record.
Dak is now 2nd with 41 career passing touchdowns, only 1 behind Tyler Russell's record.
Dak now holds the career records in Total Offense (7,516) and Total Touchdowns (72). These numbers include passing and rushing, but not receiving or returns.
Dak now has 1,933 career rushing yards, which is 14th alltime and 276 away from cracking the top 10.
Dak now has 31 rushing touchdowns, 2nd alltime and 11 behind Anthony Dixon's record.
Josh Robinson ends his career with 1,997 career rushing yards and 15 rushing touchdowns, which rank 13th and 14th, respectively.
Jameon Lewis finishes with 113 career catches (8th) for 1,554 yards (10th). His 8 career touchdowns are outside the top 10.
Malcolm Johnson finishes with 10 career receiving touchdowns, which is in a big tie for 10th alltime.
De'Runnya Wilson now has 12 career receiving touchdowns, placing him 7th alltime and 12 away from Chad Bumphis's record.
Preston Smith ends his career with 16.0 career sacks, tied for 8th alltime.

SINGLE SEASON - 2014:
Dak Prescott set single-season school records in 2014 3,449 passing yards, 27 passing touchdowns, 4,435 yards of Total Offense, and 41 Total Touchdowns.
Dak rushed for 986 yards, which is just outside of the single-season top 10.
Dak finished with 14 rushing touchdowns, tied for 3rd best in school history.
Josh Robinson rushed for 1,203 yards, the third most in school history.
Robinson's 11 rushing touchdowns are just outside the top 10.
No receiver finished in the top 10 in receptions or receiving yards, although De'Runnya Wilson's 47 catches were 1 away from entering the top 10. Wilson finished with 9 receiving touchdowns, which is tied for 2nd in school history.
Preston Smith's 9.0 sacks this year put him in a three-way tie for 9th.

SINGLE GAME IN 2014:
Dak Prescott's 453 passing yards against Georgia Tech are 2nd on the alltime single-game list.
Dak tied the school record with 4 passing touchdowns against both Southern Miss and UAB.
Dak registered four entries in the top 10 of Total Offense: 500 (1st) against Georgia Tech, 392 (6th) against Arkansas, 373 (9th) against LSU, and 372 (10th) against Alabama.
Dak had 5 total touchdowns, tied for 2nd all time, against UAB and Texas A&M.
Josh Robinson's 198 rushing yards against Kentucky are tied for 8th alltime.
Richie Brown's three interceptions against Texas A&M tied the school record.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Good job. Thanks.

sandwolf
01-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Shouldn't Dak have 42 total TD's on the year? He had the 1 receiving TD too.

Quaoarsking
01-01-2015, 05:01 PM
Shouldn't Dak have 42 total TD's on the year? He had the 1 receiving TD too.

At least in the official stats lingo, "Total Offense" refers to passing + rushing total. "From Scrimmage" is rushing + receiving, and "All Purpose" rushing + receiving + returns.

Quaoarsking
01-04-2015, 01:26 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders#Kicking

I went ahead an added kicking stats onto the page. Interestingly, Sobiesk's 2014 season was the most accurate season in school history, and he is our 3rd most accurate kicker overall.

Todd4State
01-04-2015, 01:37 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders#Kicking

I went ahead an added kicking stats onto the page. Interestingly, Sobiesk's 2014 season was the most accurate season in school history, and he is our 3rd most accurate kicker overall.

I thought we did a great job of not asking him to do what he can't do. By the time he graduates, I think he will have had a very good career at MSU.

drunkernhelldawg
01-04-2015, 04:02 AM
Super interesting. I would have rather seen Mullen go to Sobiesk more, esp. that bizarre 42 yarder. Would also be interested in long kick records.

Had forgotten about McEnany and the force he was on sacks with that defense, along with B. Jackson and Cooks. Interesting that McEnany and Jackson have no links. Wherever they are now, they made some huge plays for us while they were here. Also fascinating that Ray Costict had almost identical tackle totals in each of three seasons (155 or 156, 73-75). I don't look at that stuff much, but I get wrapped up in it when I do.

Quaoarsking
01-04-2015, 11:55 AM
I was wondering how Billy Jackson was able to accumulate 49 (!) sacks over a four-year career at all, especially around the same time Keys, Cooks, McEnany were able to get 26, 24, and 22 for 2nd, 4th, and 5th on the list. Were we just that insane on the DL in the Bellard era?

I was thinking it might have something to do with a lot of teams running the wishbone back then, and any tackle of the QB behind the line was recorded as a sack?

drunkernhelldawg
01-04-2015, 01:30 PM
I was wondering how Billy Jackson was able to accumulate 49 (!) sacks over a four-year career at all, especially around the same time Keys, Cooks, McEnany were able to get 26, 24, and 22 for 2nd, 4th, and 5th on the list. Were we just that insane on the DL in the Bellard era?

I was thinking it might have something to do with a lot of teams running the wishbone back then, and any tackle of the QB behind the line was recorded as a sack?

Some of both. That 80 defense was special. Compare to the 99 d.

sleepy dawg
01-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Thanks again for the info... I'd bump your reputation, but the site says I've given you too much and not enough to others.

civilengineerdog
01-04-2015, 03:29 PM

Billy was lightning quick off the edge. It helped having Cooks, Collins, et al, but they were only there his first 2 years.

Emory could coach, but couldn't recruit and was a terrible judge of talent. He had no one to put at MLB, so he moved Jackson. Thank God Emory is a memory, albeit a bad one