PDA

View Full Version : Safety Help

Dallas_Dawg
01-01-2015, 02:23 PM
I know it's been said many times, but safety is our weakest position. If we had hard hitting safeties, those 10-15 plays that turn into long runs or passes would be eliminated.
How many times did you guys see Hughes,Evans and Coman missing tackles and taking bad angles yesterday.
We better hope that Brandon Bryant, Mark McLaurin, and Jamal Peters can step in and play NEXT year. If not, we better find a pair of Jucos cause we are ****ed.

msstate7
01-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Jt gray is back at safety too now, right?

Sacrifice
01-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Peters will bring the size and speed we need at safety...

thedawg
01-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Brandon Bryant, Jamal Peters, JT Gray and Kivon Coman... Coman got better he just wasnt ready for what we asked him to do... Thats WAAAAY more talent than we have had there

codeDawg
01-01-2015, 02:57 PM
I know it's been said many times, but safety is our weakest position. If we had hard hitting safeties, those 10-15 plays that turn into long runs or passes would be eliminated.
How many times did you guys see Hughes,Evans and Coman missing tackles and taking bad angles yesterday.
We better hope that Brandon Bryant, Mark McLaurin, and Jamal Peters can step in and play NEXT year. If not, we better find a pair of Jucos cause we are ****ed.

The S position is the reason we lost to UM and GT. It's talent, not scheme that is an issue there too.

Dallas_Dawg
01-01-2015, 03:04 PM
The S position is the reason we lost to UM and GT. It's talent, not scheme that is an issue there too.

We really missed Nickoe this year too. While he wasn't always great in pass coverage, he was a headhunter who was a good tackler.

Dawgowar
01-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Agree, but be honest, tackling overall, sucked. Our lineman have been missing ball carriers badly. Fundamentals are slipping and have been since Auburn left town.

BankerDog
01-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Last night was the first time I've seen Coman stop thinking and just play ball. He and AJ Jefferson were the only ones who played aggressive last night. He will be alright.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 04:17 PM
If we start Peters and Bryant we will be better than we were this year. I could see Gray possibly in the mix although I don't think it's out of the question that he plays LB. Market is supposed to be back as well. There's a good chance that McLaurin plays as well.

The only thing is we will likely lack is experience, but we will be a lot better in terms of talent, instincts, and ball skills.

Also, I think Chris Stamps will come in right away and replace Jamerson Love and that will be a talent upgrade there as well.

Bully78
01-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Maybe Pig Prather has a son that can score more than 5 on the Wonderlic!

Alphadog
01-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Maybe Pig Prather has a son that can score more than 5 on the Wonderlic!

Actually I think Pig does have a kid playing at Ripley right now. Not sure what year.