cheewgumm
01-01-2015, 01:57 PM
I think we are that Ricky aright now.

Smitty
01-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Excellent analogy.

Sacrifice
01-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Haha, maybe we can hire Apollo Creed as our DC. We could chase some chickens around.

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Haha, maybe we can hire Apollo Creed as our DC. We could chase some chickens around.

Uh...Mick had him chasing the chickens. Apollo had Rocky running on the beach and jumping rope. Just to be accurate you know. Ha.

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2015, 02:55 PM
I think we are that Ricky aright now.

We may be, but we've got to find a way to recapture our swagger, momentum, and toughness, while also correcting some blatant flaws that exist within the scheme and personnel usage of the team.

Next year's team can't just go into the weight room for 6 months to get this fixed. They can't just be an extension of this year's team. A new identity and leadership must emerge and some tweaks must be made.

We had a great year, but we also lost 3 of our last 4 games. That is the reality that we must face.

I think, in this case, losing some seniors is good because they may be satisfied. I'm excited that we will be replacing some seniors with more talented guys that still have something to prove. Guys like Brandon Bryant, Aeris Williams, Dontavian Lee, Clayborne, Rankin, Desper, Green, etc.. are all as talented or more so than their predecessors, but instead of being proven 3 year starters, they will have to prove themselves and will be in "Contract years" so to speak.

This could help with the toughness and effort of the team tremendously.

Dawgowar
01-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Actually I think we are closer to the dazed and pummeled Rocky after he lost the first fight to Clubber Lang. We and the rest of the SEC need to get back to playing solid defense.

cheewgumm
01-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Probably a better analogy, regardless what we need is HUNGER. Not " we are the sec so we're gonna win,"

Smitty
01-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Hopefully Gray, Desper, Aeries, etc are Rocky after seeing Apollo get killed. Time to step up and avenge the death.