PDA

View Full Version : Dak returning for senior season.

Sacrifice
01-01-2015, 12:40 PM
BR just reported that Dak will return for his senior season. I know last night sucked big time but our offense is gonna unleash unholy hell on teams next season. Now the D is another matter.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 12:41 PM
I believe he'll end up coming back, but they're probably echoing the report from ESPN that Dak debunked last night.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2015, 12:44 PM
BR just reported that Dak will return for his senior season. I know last night sucked big time but our offense is gonna unleash unholy hell on teams next season. Now the D is another matter.

Yeah, based off same cbs report.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I believe he'll end up coming back, but they're probably echoing the report from ESPN that Dak debunked last night.

How did he debunk it?

msstate7
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM
How did he debunk it?

Dak told bonner after game he didn't remember saying he'd be back

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM
How did he debunk it?

Brent reported that Dak told him he was coming back for his senior year.

RT @MikeBBonner Dak on coming back: "I don't remember making those remarks."

RT @MikeBBonner Dak reiterated to me as I left the locker room, he never told Musburger he was coming back.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Oh ok. Thanks.

maroonmania
01-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I would bet he probably said something to Musburger to at least imply that he was coming back but never intended BM to mention it during the broadcast.

RougeDawg
01-01-2015, 01:00 PM
To anyone watching us play from Kentucky forward, this isn't news. It would have been insanely idiotic for anything else. He's not ready for the new level and If Mullen keeps calling the shit plays that take Dak out of his game, he may go undrafted next year. What happened to the rollout passes and the fake reverse/end around passes we ran early in the year that not only kept defenses honest, but also opened up huge holes for Dak to run through . We ran a couple last night that I remember but we got completely away from the play calling that suits Dak.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
To anyone watching us play from Kentucky forward, this isn't news. It would have been insanely idiotic for anything else. He's not ready for the new level and If Mullen keeps calling the shit plays that take Dak out of his game, he may go undrafted next year. What happened to the rollout passes and the fake reverse/end around passes we ran early in the year that not only kept defenses honest, but also opened up huge holes for Dak to run through . We ran a couple last night that I remember but we got completely away from the play calling that suits Dak.

I'll be honest. There were a couple questionable playcalls last night like there will be in any game, but for the most part, I thought our offense was very good. Yeah, we don't want to throw 51 times a game but once we were down 2 scores with the way our D was playing and their O uses the clock, we really didn't have a choice.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2015, 01:15 PM

I totally disagree, Dak played great last night. He completed almost 66% of his passes for over 450 yards. Sure he had a couple of missed passes, but his arm strength and overall accuracy was great.

maroonmania
01-01-2015, 01:19 PM
I'll be honest. There were a couple questionable playcalls last night like there will be in any game, but for the most part, I thought our offense was very good. Yeah, we don't want to throw 51 times a game but once we were down 2 scores with the way our D was playing and their O uses the clock, we really didn't have a choice.

I thought the playcalling last night was good considering we weren't really opening up holes early in the running game. Dak really played very poorly the first quarter where he totally missed a wide open Morrow that would have been a TD, threw behind Lewis on a 4th and 2 inside GT territory and threw way over the head of an open JRob in the flat around the 10 that forced us into a FG situation. We easily could have had another 14 to 17 points had Dak been more accurate early on. After that, he played and threw the ball really well.

SallyStansbury
01-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Be careful, 34 will be here soon to remind you that we gained ~600 yrds last night with the offense you are bitching about**

To clarify, I agree with you 100% and you can't throw a years worth of stats at me telling me how great we were on offense to invalidate how utterly shitty we were on offense vs Olemiss and Bama. Mullen laid a couple of turds with the conservative nature of his offensive game plans. Got to do better and keep defenses guessing. This exact tendency is what we saw play out with our defense towards the end of the season and is why folks are scratching their heads trying to connect the dots.

NCDawg
01-01-2015, 01:32 PM
I thought the playcalling last night was good considering we weren't really opening up holes early in the running game. Dak really played very poorly the first quarter where he totally missed a wide open Morrow that would have been a TD, threw behind Lewis on a 4th and 2 inside GT territory and threw way over the head of an open JRob in the flat around the 10 that forced us into a FG situation. We easily could have had another 14 to 17 points had Dak been more accurate early on. After that, he played and threw the ball really well.

We haven't been opening holes in the running game for a long time. Alabama, Ole Miss, and GA Tech stuffed our running game and forced into being one dimensional. We definitely need to improve the run blocking next year or we will be in the same situation again. We seem to do a reasonably good job pass blocking, although it wasn't very good against Ole Miss.

Political Hack
01-01-2015, 01:35 PM
I totally disagree, Dak played great last night. He completed almost 66% of his passes for over 450 yards. Sure he had a couple of missed passes, but his arm strength and overall accuracy was great.

he had a bad 1st quarter, but played really well overall. he's consistently missing on deep balls though. He has to be able to make that throw if he wants to play in the NFL.

HancockCountyDog
01-01-2015, 01:44 PM
he had a bad 1st quarter, but played really well overall. he's consistently missing on deep balls though. He has to be able to make that throw if he wants to play in the NFL.

I've watched enough NFL to know that Dak is better than half if the guys making a paycheck right now.

When Mark Sanchez is a starting QB, I'm not sure people appreciate how bad it is.

Look, I think he comes back, and we will benefit greatly from it.

Coach34
01-01-2015, 03:08 PM
He had a bad 1st Q- but played well overall. Hack is right about the deep balls- that has to get better. The missed post route in the 1st was ridiculous.

Some of Mullen's playcalling will drive you nuts- and his game plans vs Bammer and Fredo were shit. On the flip side- Mullen made some outstanding adjustments at halftime of those games. But it should t have been that bad to begin with.