PDA

View Full Version : I think we have to question how "good"

cheewgumm
01-01-2015, 11:51 AM
We really were. I think this year was a year in which we made progress, but I think a lot of it had to do with schedule.

After watching these bowls I hope we understand we have to play all out. I wish we would play with reckless abandon and stop playing not to lose. That is my biggest complaint on the year.

The SEC in general will not get the benefit of the doubt nextvyear and shouldn't. I think all the SEC teams play kind of trying to protect a reputation. I even think Millen does it and he shouldn't. It's stupid, especially for State, because we have done nothing to create a reputation yet .

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:00 PM
I don't know how to do one of those cool slow clap things but I would give you one.

engie
01-01-2015, 12:07 PM
We were 2012-level with a much better QB in a much worse SEC. We caught a half year reprieve from the guy Mullen has been for most of his career here. Egg Bowl-Auburn was awesome and actually gave me hope that we CAN be more under him. But we certainly regressed late. Won 3 in a stretch as underdogs. Has since lost 2 as favorites to cancel it out.

drunkernhelldawg
01-01-2015, 12:13 PM
One thing that makes football so fascinating is the way that teams change from week to week and throughout the season. I'm not dissing our number one weeks. We earned them. We lost our crown at a certain point. Maybe we can regain it at some point. Football is both art and science, not just one or the other.

thedawg
01-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Mullen is really good not great... I am ok with really good.. He certainly has his flaws but I remember where we came from...

maroonmania
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM
One thing that makes football so fascinating is the way that teams change from week to week and throughout the season. I'm not dissing our number one weeks. We earned them. We lost our crown at a certain point. Maybe we can regain it at some point. Football is both art and science, not just one or the other.

It seemed we improved and peaked at the Auburn game and went downhill from there. We really never played a good game against decent competition after that.

Dawgface
01-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Mullen is really good not great... I am ok with really good.. He certainly has his flaws but I remember where we came from...
That's the thing. We all have seen some horrible years. We did do some good things this year and got a lot of good national press. Unfornately that has quickly been swept away with the over rated statements. And hard to argue that point.

thedawg
01-01-2015, 12:59 PM
I dont think we were overated.... We have one of the top Qbs in the nation and could score on basically anyone.. Our defense went from suspect to bad as they lost confidence and their DC... I assure you we didnt suck and werent over rated... Mullen has to over haul the defensive staff and I think he knows that.. For what ever reason they arnt responding on that side

EAVdog
01-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Mullen is a very good coach. We need to improve our talent level, which is getting better. Look at recruiting #'s for proof. And we need top notch assistant coaches. Something we don't have now. We need to open the pocket book wide.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 01:02 PM
I dont think we were overated.... We have one of the top Qbs in the nation and could score on basically anyone.. Our defense went from suspect to bad as they lost confidence and their DC... I assure you we didnt suck and werent over rated... Mullen has to over haul the defensive staff and I think he knows that.. For what ever reason they arnt responding on that side

I hope we abandon 'bend, don't break.' Unless you have superior talent, bend but don't break will eventually break. We need to be an attacking defense much like Ole Miss. But first we got to find some safeties. It's overlooked because of how bad our front seven played, but in a year of awful safety play, they hit some new lows yesterday.

thedawg
01-01-2015, 01:04 PM
We had some awful safety play for sure... I think Coman has potential.. Evans not so much.. We have some great safety talent both redshirting and coming so I think this wont be as huge of an issue next year

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2015, 01:26 PM
We had some awful safety play for sure... I think Coman has potential.. Evans not so much.. We have some great safety talent both redshirting and coming so I think this wont be as huge of an issue next year
Losing our top 2 safeties killed us these last 2 games. They may not have been great to begin with, but it made a weakness a glaring shit storm.

maroonmania
01-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Losing our top 2 safeties killed us these last 2 games. They may not have been great to begin with, but it made a weakness a glaring shit storm.

Loss of 2 of the top 3 safeties added to the loss of Collins made a huge difference in our defensive play.

Ralph
01-01-2015, 01:35 PM

And that place sucked WAY worse than this place. Good post.