PDA

View Full Version : Were GT players faking injuries?

HailState39110
01-01-2015, 11:34 AM
I know it probably had little outcome to end result of the game, but GT had alot of defensive players go down last night and it was always after we got a couple of first downs and started to use tempo. Does anyone else think this was on purpose or were these guys truly getting hurt ?

Thompson92
01-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I certainly thought so. I counted four different times that a guy would go down, lay there for five minutes while a trainer talked to him, maybe have a cramp stretched out, then walk off the field normally. And it was always when we were driving down the field. If they really were hurt, then I hope they heal. But it was a very strange coincidence. I was wondering if anyone else noticed.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Prob legit because of the humidity down there....or because their legs hurt from kicking our ass at a high rate of speed

BulldogDX55
01-01-2015, 12:26 PM
They were faking it hard. There were at least two times where after watching the replay a few times that I couldn't even tell where the guy got hurt.

I doubt it was cramps- it was warm and a bit humid, but it did not even come close to the early season games.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Short answer is yes.

msstate7
01-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm sure we thought about this strategy too, but it wouldn't be believable if all 11 on defense faked an injury at one time. Injured player has to come off a play and we only sub 11 at a time

Tbonewannabe
01-01-2015, 12:45 PM
One time I saw a guy flop like he was in the nba.

RougeDawg
01-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Yes. They would see us get ready to run a hurry up play and one would go down.

thf24
01-01-2015, 01:28 PM
It's supposed to cost a timeout if the clock has to be stopped for an injury more than once in a given period of time (current possession maybe?). I wasn't paying close attention for most of the game, was that not happening?

Oxdawg
01-02-2015, 05:19 PM
I was at the game and it was absolutely intentional. When we were running hurry up and got inside the 30, the coaches were telling the players to fall down. My wife noticed it first and I thought she was crazy. Started watching and on two different occasions I watched a coach go 3 steps out onto the field and motion for a player to go down. I made a comment and the people around me started watching and noticed as well.

Mutt the Hoople
01-02-2015, 05:20 PM
MSU players were faking a defense.

RBritt
01-02-2015, 06:37 PM
One of their so called injuries stopped play, the next play we check off and run the option, and JRob fumbled. They did this on 3 separate occasions.

justwin
01-02-2015, 11:09 PM
this just confirms that GT is a very dirty program.

In addition to this, they block below the waist/chop block/cut block all night with no intention of ever attempting to block or engage the defender above the waist. When our defenders are doing front flips that usually mean illegal blocking is happening.

archdog
01-03-2015, 12:51 PM
I was texting during the game about it. It was so obvious I would call out which play they would fall down. I was right 100% of the time. Reminds me of Lutzenchircken the last time we played Auburn 2 years ago. I haven't booed anyone ever when they got hurt, but he acted like his leg was broken for about 5 seconds, came to the bench and high fived everyone, put his helmet back on, and went back into the game on the next play like nothing ever happened.