PDA

View Full Version : Why don't ALL bottom feeders run GT's offense?

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2015, 10:17 AM
After watching our defense look clueless last night, I simply can't understand why USM, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Iowa State, etc... don't just go find a coach that can run this offense, and go to a bowl every year.

If USM went to this offense, I think they'd turn it around immediately and get to some bowl games. While running the triple option causes immense problems for defenses, because they rarely see it, it can also help bottom feeder programs because you can recruit from a different talent pool in order to fit the scheme.

Most years, there's probably a QB like GT's in Mississippi, but no one recruits that guy because he doesn't throw well enough to run a conventional offense.

BrunswickDawg
01-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Georgia Southern, GA Tech, and Navy were #1-3 in Rushing Yards this season - all basically the same offense (and in the Paul Johnson Coaching Tree). I think that you don't see more use it because when you do get behind or have one of "those" games where nothing goes right you have nothing else to try to fall back on.