PDA

View Full Version : If you want to fire Mullen,

mstatefan91
01-01-2015, 03:27 AM
then you are a f*cking idiot. That is all...

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 03:29 AM
He has things he desperately needs to evaluate and change, but hey what coach doesn't?

Don't think anyone wants him fired (anyone that's sobered up, at least)

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 03:30 AM
This is as good as it gets under the arrogant ****. Sorry if I believe we can win a nc here.

mstatefan91
01-01-2015, 03:34 AM
This is as good as it gets under the arrogant ****. Sorry if I believe we can win a nc here.

I believe we can too, and I believe we can with Mullen at the Helm. Dear lord, firing him after a 10 win season would be asinine.

He has completely flipped the mentality of MSU fans in 6 years. He has led us to 5 straight bowl games and a belief that we are worth more than we thought we were.

There is some stuff that needs to get in line for next year to be as big as this year but damn, f*cking give it a chance.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 03:36 AM
I don't know how true it is that Mullen meddles in the defense, but it wouldn't surprise me. At any rate, if somebody like Nick Saban can mostly stay out of the way of somebody like Lane Kiffin, it's time for Mullen (if the message boarders are right) to do the same.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Dan Mullen is our football version of Ron Polk. With a wife of course.

mstatefan91
01-01-2015, 03:40 AM
I don't know how true it is that Mullen meddles in the defense, but it wouldn't surprise me. At any rate, if somebody like Nick Saban can mostly stay out of the way of somebody like Lane Kiffin, it's time for Mullen (if the message boarders are right) to do the same.

Agreed here. No argument. I think this comes from being a new young head coach. He will learn. Hope it's sooner than later.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 03:40 AM
I don't think Dan should be fired. I do want him to change some things. That's why I don't want him to get a raise. That's very different than fired, and given his performance it's reasonable.

mstatefan91
01-01-2015, 03:43 AM
I don't think Dan should be fired. I do want him to change some things. That's why I don't want him to get a raise. That's very different than fired, and given his performance it's reasonable.

Agreed. The man needs a wake up call, a new D-coordinator, and some fire put under his belly. Can Stricklin get his done? Idk

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 03:44 AM
Agreed here. No argument. I think this comes from being a new young head coach. He will learn. Hope it's sooner than later.

I just think it's how he is and his personality. He really does think he invented football. I would be more surprised if he changed.

That said, I do think bringing in Orgeron is probably the right move because if we are going to keep doing what we are doing on defense, we're going to need someone that can bring in elite talent if we aren't willing to mask things. One thing about Orgeron that is different than Chris Wilson and Geoff is he hates Ole Miss and that might make a difference as far as Egg Bowl performance going forward. You know Coach O is going to want to stick it to them in Oxford. Kind of like Joe Lee Dunn in a way when we got him.

thf24
01-01-2015, 03:44 AM
I might have come across as an excuse maker to some of you in other threads in the past hour, but I absolutely agree that if Dan has his fingers in the pie that is defense, he needs to get them out. I hope he's learned from this year that he's not nearly experienced enough to be a micro-manager, especially on the side of the ball that is not his expertise. I'm perfectly happy with him as a head coach right now and can forgive this post season performance, but we'd better not continue with this revolving door of DC's without looking much different.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 03:48 AM
Agreed. The man needs a wake up call, a new D-coordinator, and some fire put under his belly. Can Stricklin get his done? Idk

I would like to be a fly on the wall if Stricklin told him- hey, you're not getting a raise because of the 1A/1B stuff, losing to Alabama, losing the Egg Bowl, and then losing the Orange Bowl, and you need to hire a special teams coach and stay away from the kickers.

I think it would get heated.

Now, if I was Stricklin I would tell him that I would be willing to pay top dollar for whatever assistants he wanted to improve the defense and the special teams. I think that's very fair and reasonable. Again, it would probably get heated.

mstatefan91
01-01-2015, 03:48 AM
I might have come across as an excuse maker to some of you in other threads in the past hour, but I absolutely agree that if Dan has his fingers in the pie that is defense, he needs to get them out. I hope he's learned from this year that he's not nearly experienced enough to be a micro-manager, especially on the side of the ball that is not his expertise. I'm perfectly happy with him as a head coach right now and can forgive this post season performance, but we'd better not continue with this revolving door of DC's without looking much different.

Agreed. We need a good long term DC that can plan well, and adjust. Our adjustments (or lack thereof) stand out most to me.

mstatefan91
01-01-2015, 03:51 AM
I would like to be a fly on the wall if Stricklin told him- hey, you're not getting a raise because of the 1A/1B stuff, losing to Alabama, losing the Egg Bowl, and then losing the Orange Bowl, and you need to hire a special teams coach and stay away from the kickers.

I think it would get heated.

Now, if I was Stricklin I would tell him that I would be willing to pay top dollar for whatever assistants he wanted to improve the defense and the special teams. I think that's very fair and reasonable. Again, it would probably get heated.

It would get heated. That's how Mullen is. If we don't have AD that can deal with him while keeping him here because of what he has done and the potential we have shown then it is time for a new AD.

I'm not saying fire Stricklin. I am one of the few that thinks he has done a decent job besides the Rick Ray debacle. I just think we need someone (Striklin or other) to keep Mullen honest and in check.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 03:59 AM
It would get heated. That's how Mullen is. If we don't have AD that can deal with him while keeping him here because of what he has done and the potential we have shown then it is time for a new AD.

I'm not saying fire Stricklin. I am one of the few that thinks he has done a decent job besides the Rick Ray debacle. I just think we need someone (Striklin or other) to keep Mullen honest and in check.

The funny thing is I bet he would be pissed off the most about having to hire a special teams coach. I'm OK with Stricklin. I understand people being upset over Ray, but that's how this business goes sometimes.

But as far as meeting with Dan, that would be a tough meeting for Scott, but that's his job and I think everyone would be better for it.

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 04:00 AM
I don't know if or how much Dan is micro-managing the defense. But if we go down this line of thinking then those who are ready to give the ultimatum he has to get out needs to realize that his defensive scheme is also been responsible for the really good defenses we have had here as well. At least 3 of the 6 years were above average. So he is completely running the offense, defense, and special teams according to a lot of posters. And while doing that recruiting is better and he is getting us a 10 win season. Why are we not paying him more? I know that's kind of stretching things but if it is truly the case then he is doing a job that no other coach that I can recall has accomplished. Especially in this league.

msstate7
01-01-2015, 08:20 AM
I think if we hired Dan a big time DC that he might turn the defense over to. We haven't exactly opened up the purse and given him a chavis, muschamp, etc.