PDA

View Full Version : 3 Receivers over 100 yds.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Has that ever happened before at MSU? Surely not. I bet we haven't even had 2 do it many times. Morrow, Wilson, and Ross all went 100+ tonight.

Our receiving corps is strong, and only getting better. I really hope Dak returns to be a distributor next season.

Just thought that was a crazy stat

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2015, 01:44 AM
Has that ever happened before at MSU? Surely not. I bet we haven't even had 2 do it many times. Morrow, Wilson, and Ross all went 100+ tonight.

Our receiving corps is strong, and only getting better. I really hope Dak returns to be a distributor next season.

Just thought that was a crazy stat

I agree, if Dak returns next year, we will have an NFL QB, borderline NFL receiving core, a more talented offensive line, and bigger more physical running backs.

We've really got to fix somethings on defense though. We really need the new DC to come in an create energy, toughness, and allow our defense to get their swagger back.

The truth is that against Ole Miss and GT, our defense look like a finesse, soft unit. I'm not really sure what happened for it get that way, but it needs to be fixed pronto.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2015, 01:50 AM
I agree, if Dak returns next year, we will have an NFL QB, borderline NFL receiving core, a more talented offensive line, and bigger more physical running backs.

We've really got to fix somethings on defense though. We really need the new DC to come in an create energy, toughness, and allow our defense to get their swagger back.

The truth is that against Ole Miss and GT, our defense look like a finesse, soft unit. I'm not really sure what happened for it get that way, but it needs to be fixed pronto.

It looked the same as Chris Wilson's looked his final year. I'm afraid Mullen has a lot to do with it, but hopefully the next DC proves that theory wrong.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 01:51 AM

Also looked that way against Kentucky and Auburn. We were off nearly as often as we were on. We gave up 500+ yards to UAB, Auburn, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech, and Texas A&M this year. That's less than desirable.

Defense must be fixed.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 02:03 AM
Garbage time. Mullen is the problem. Yes he saved us from Crooms but shit come on. Thanks ninja. It's rinse and repeat. Mullen is too ****ing arrogant to have real coaches work with him. This is as good as we get. Super in the middle and dogshit at the end when there is a lot of film. **** you harbag for taking mich job.

CJDAWG85
01-01-2015, 02:46 AM
Garbage time. Mullen is the problem. Yes he saved us from Crooms but shit come on. Thanks ninja. It's rinse and repeat. Mullen is too ****ing arrogant to have real coaches work with him. This is as good as we get. Super in the middle and dogshit at the end when there is a lot of film. **** you harbag for taking mich job.

God you suck. Pop some Prozac.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 02:53 AM
God you suck. Pop some Prozac.

Ignore then. But before you do that dispute it instead of just telling me I suck and to get on drugs. ****ing dispute it.

basedog
01-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Reading the trash talk about Msu and Mullen makes me hate message boards!

Why do the moderators tolerate this is beyond me, why let this go on? Am just asking, yes butt hurt all you want but to say or think we have a bad head coach and our program sucks is just crazy. Do some of you guys want to go back to what it use to be like before Mullen got here? We are consistently winning and getting National attention and to me this is a positive.

Say, moan and bitch all you want but I'd take 10-3 all day and night long! Oh, our 3 loses were to good ranked teams, we aren't quite there yet but we are getting closer and hopefully we will maintain consistent winning and bowl games!

Just my opinion cause I lived thru the La Tech 1-10 season and many other seasons before that way too many times!

Happy New Year Dawgs and HailState!

DownwardDawg
01-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Reading the trash talk about Msu and Mullen makes me hate message boards!

Why do the moderators tolerate this is beyond me, why let this go on? Am just asking, yes butt hurt all you want but to say or think we have a bad head coach and our program sucks is just crazy. Do some of you guys want to go back to what it use to be like before Mullen got here? We are consistently winning and getting National attention and to me this is a positive.

Say, moan and bitch all you want but I'd take 10-3 all day and night long! Oh, our 3 loses were to good ranked teams, we aren't quite there yet but we are getting closer and hopefully we will maintain consistent winning and bowl games!

Just my opinion cause I lived thru the La Tech 1-10 season and many other seasons before that way too many times!

Happy New Year Dawgs and HailState!

He is one of the board moderators.

Sienfield
01-01-2015, 09:50 AM
It looked the same as Chris Wilson's looked his final year. I'm afraid Mullen has a lot to do with it, but hopefully the next DC proves that theory wrong.

We seem to have new DC every year but have the same bend and brake defense. I think it is Mullen's style.

AROB44
01-01-2015, 10:33 AM
I am just amazed at how "Mullen is controlling the defense" comment has now become fact. Nobody has any direct proof of this but keep repeating it like it is an absolute fact. Name one damn coach that is worth a shit that is not "hard headed". I'll take Dan all day long. Is he perfect.....no. But what coach is? Hindsight is always 20/20. Based on comments on this board makes me wonder how many trailer fires happened last night. BTW....a board moderator.....really.

basedog
01-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks Downward, but he was way over the top! For us to not be ranked pre-season, and going 10-3 was a good year! I ain't mad cause I've seen much worse than Dan Mullen and a 10-3 season.

Schultzy
01-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Could've been four, Morrow improves... Then Jameon morphs into Featherstone from Unnecessary Roughness.

MetEdDawg
01-01-2015, 10:49 AM
I would like us to throw the ball more as a whole next year. Dak is extremely accurate on 3rd down and is usually very good on 1st down picking up easy yards. Plus we've got the WRs to do it.

We averaged 77 plays per game this year and Dak averaged 30 passes per game. I would be ok if that number was closer to 35-37 passes per game and we had more of a 50/50 balance instead of a 60/40 balance. I like running the football as much as the next guy, but I think our biggest struggles come when we can't open it up consistently downfield. Messes the entire offense up.

We've got all the pieces of a potent vertical attack next year and I think we need to utilize that more. It should open up the big play run game and open up the screen/short passing game. We've improved tremendously in the screen game which we use as an extension of the running game to allow us to spread our offense out.

So to me we've got the pieces for next year's offense to be very good once again because we can ground and pound, we can stretch the field vertically, we can spread the offense wide, and we can play possession football. But we HAVE to address the defensive side of the football if we want to be a top tier team again.

basedog
01-01-2015, 11:33 AM
I am just amazed at how "Mullen is controlling the defense" comment has now become fact. Nobody has any direct proof of this but keep repeating it like it is an absolute fact. Name one damn coach that is worth a shit that is not "hard headed". I'll take Dan all day long. Is he perfect.....no. But what coach is? Hindsight is always 20/20. Based on comments on this board makes me wonder how many trailer fires happened last night. BTW....a board moderator.....really.

It amazes me as well, like you say, Mullen has some issues but overall he will go down as our most successful coach ever! We are getting better over time, I expect we will get a decent DC coach and hopefully I great one!

How does one get to be a moderator and why can't they be banned? Just asking?

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Because I haven't done anything to be banned. Get over it.

CadaverDawg
01-01-2015, 12:02 PM

I understand your frustration, but I think you are misunderstanding. First, I haven't seen anybody state Mullen's involvement with the defense as "absolute fact". However, our defense has looked eerily similar through every DC in Dan's tenure, plus Dan said "we will run the same scheme, so we will have a good defense as long as I'm here", which lends you to think he might have involvement. People are purely speculating, which is kinda what message boards are for. If it was a facts only board, it would be a news blog.

And of course we all would "take Mullen all day long", but that doesn't void him of criticism. He isn't perfect. And if you really look back, everybody praises Mullen far more than they criticize him. Which is the way it should be.

The frustration comes from having a good enough coach and players to get us to 10 wins, but yet come out totally unprepared against Bama, OM, and GT when we could have made a good season incredible. And the whole, not keeping our best on the field the majority of the game defensively. I think those are legitimate complaints....but in no way does that mean I want to lose Mullen. We have a damn good coach, and if he will keep being willing to learn, and drop a little of the stubbornness, he will eventually win those games. We took a giant leap this season as a program, and it's all due to Mullen....and many of us just enjoyed it so much that we're trying to see where we can improve so that this is the new normal, instead of having to revert back to 6-8 wins as a ceiling.

Just my thoughts, but I definitely see where you're coming from. Just don't take it so literal....people are just venting and pissed (and drunk) about the loss.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm venting and pissed and it's not about one loss.

Intramural All-American
01-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm venting and pissed and it's not about one loss.

What about those 10 wins, douchebag. Grow up. This is one of, if not the best seasons in MSU history and you are angry with our coach.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:15 PM
What about those 10 wins, douchebag. Grow up. This is one of, if not the best seasons in MSU history and you are angry with our coach.

Grow up? Douchebag? Ok. You be happy with it. I'm not. Go **** yourself.

Intramural All-American
01-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Grow up? Douchebag? Ok. You be happy with it. I'm not. Go **** yourself.

You're not happy with 10 wins? Then you are an insufferable a-hole. If you will only be happy winning a national championship, you may really want to rethink your allegiance.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
So was Gabe Myles hurt for the last 4 games? Seems like everything went to hell whenever Jameon came back.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 12:31 PM
You're not happy with 10 wins? Then you are an insufferable a-hole. If you will only be happy winning a national championship, you may really want to rethink your allegiance.

You're not worth going over it again. Go read some other threads.