PDA

View Full Version : I can't get over how bad both MSU and OM defenses played

Irondawg
01-01-2015, 01:11 AM
As well as we've played auburn, which is probably closest to the GT offense, the past few years I couldn't fathom we'd have this much trouble.

What was different? Just the misdirection. The speed of Thomas to the edge? Or was it simply a flat night with terrible tackling?

And I thought OM had a top 5 national defense and they couldn't stop TCU either.

These crazy fast qbs that can throw just enough were tougher to handle than I thought

ShotgunDawg
01-01-2015, 01:13 AM
As well as we've played auburn, which is probably closest to the GT offense, the past few years I couldn't fathom we'd have this much trouble.

What was different? Just the misdirection. The speed of Thomas to the edge? Or was it simply a flat night with terrible tackling?

And I thought OM had a top 5 national defense and they couldn't stop TCU either.

These crazy fast qbs that can throw just enough were tougher to handle than I thought

Not having a defensive coordinator hurt as well.

our guys looked like a monkey 17ing a football tonight trying to stop that offense. We simply had no clue or comfort in how to play it.

thf24
01-01-2015, 02:20 AM
Maybe it's the Scotch talking, but I'm not too torn up about this game due to not having a DC since, in all likelihood, November. My sentiments might change later today.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 02:30 AM
You just never know how your team is going to play the option until they actually see it. What I don't understand is how we couldn't stop the fullback dive? The starters did OK in the first half, the 1B's gave up two touchdowns and the starters gave up the first touchdown on a short field. After that, I thought we defended their offense fairly well other than the 1B's.

I do think not having a DC hurt with halftime adjustments and that sort of thing, but I can't figure out not being able to stop the fullback dive.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 02:32 AM
Our program needs a kick in the nuts. Mainly to Dan.

Irondawg
01-01-2015, 08:58 AM
On the fb dive I hear you. I just have to guess that we thought either they wouldn't run it that much or we did make some slight adjustments that didn't work at all.

Jack Lambert
01-01-2015, 09:04 AM
I think Collins knew he was leaving before the Ole Miss game. He hurt us twice once than and than again last night. I also think the reason there has been not contract is, there is going to be a whole sale coaching change on defense.

I seen it dawg
01-01-2015, 10:58 AM
It won't matter if we hire Bill Belicheck to be our DC, our ass of a HC won't keep his face out of the defense and let them run it. He is smarter than anyone who has ever coached and he won't let them do their jobs. 5 dcs in 7 seasons all leaving for lateral jobs in respect of job title means Dan is ****ing it up in a big way on that side of the ball. Arrogant **** leave the damn DC alone and let them do what they are paid to do!!!

MabenMaroon
01-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Our program needs a kick in the nuts. Mainly to Dan.

No, you need a kick in the nuts!

maroonmania
01-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Not having a defensive coordinator hurt as well.

our guys looked like a monkey 17ing a football tonight trying to stop that offense. We simply had no clue or comfort in how to play it.

I believe the issue with Collins screwed us both in the Egg Bowl and last night. Collins had likely already decided he was moving on somewhere by the OM game and didn't put into that game what he should have. Last night we played OK in the first half but it was obvious no in game adjustments were made for the 2nd half and GT just ripped our defense apart. I don't believe our defense would have been totally embarrassed in the 3rd quarter had Collins been around to manage things. Don't know if it would have changed things enough that we would have won the game but it may have. I couldn't have imagined teams just running over and through our defense prior to the OM game but it happened twice to end the year. We really need to find a competent DC that will commit to our program without one eye looking to move on although I don't know if we can get that guy under Mullen.