PDA

View Full Version : It's a pivotal time for the football program

bulldogcountry1
01-01-2015, 12:24 AM
And Stricklin. Are we going to revert back to the "this is the best we can do" attitude, or are we going to keep taking things to the next level by acquiring and paying good coaches, learning from what doesn't work, and sticking with what does?

CadaverDawg
01-01-2015, 12:32 AM
I agree. We either go the South Carolina/Virginia Tech route, or we revert back to being 6-8 win MSU. We need our big money boosters to pony up, and for our Head Coach to cut back a little on his stubbornness. If we all pull in the right direction, we can change the future of the program right now.

Rayburn8
01-01-2015, 12:38 AM
This next season is going to go a long way in deciding weather we have staying power or not.

Liverpooldawg
01-01-2015, 12:41 AM
We have a great head coach. We need to find the money to pay assistants. We aren't that far away.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:44 AM
I never though I would ever seriously type this, but we have the type of program that could go 12-0 in the SEC. Not every year of course, but it's not unrealistic for that to happen every say 10 years or so. If that happens Dan is a big part of that, BUT I think for us as a school to reach that kind of potential he HAS TO change some things that he is doing- like meddling with the defense and special teams. I think Coach O will be a big step in the right direction in recruiting.

I just hope he learns.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-01-2015, 12:44 AM
This next season is going to go a long way in deciding weather

I hope we don't face a lot of turbulent storms, that we keep the wind at our backs, and the sun shines on our countenances.

TopDog58
01-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Is weed now legal in MS?

msstate7
01-01-2015, 12:47 AM
We have a great head coach. We need to find the money to pay assistants. We aren't that far away.

I agree Dan is a great coach, but pride is holding him back. Saban saw the hurry up offenses working so he changed his offensive approach. Can mullen do what truly great coaches do -- adjust? I haven't seen that willingness from mullen. If mullen can swallow his pride, I think we can make that jump. If not, we're at our ceiling

Skydawg1
01-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Difference is Saban never changed his DEFENSIVE approach and never will. Meanwhile Dan will be on his 6th DC in 7 years? (check my math on that, not sure) Offense is really not our problem, although it sure seems that way.

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 12:57 AM
Difference is Saban never changed his DEFENSIVE approach and never will. Meanwhile Dan will be on his 6th DC in 7 years? (check my math on that, not sure) Offense is really not our problem, although it sure seems that way.

How many offensive coordinators has Saban had? What? 3 in the last 4 or 5 years.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:59 AM

Why do you think offense is the problem? We set school records every year it seems like.

Defense is OK every other year. Special teams is usually bad.

That's what you get with Dan- good offense, average defense, and WTF special teams.