12-31-2014, 11:45 PM
That's what happens when u get down by 22

cheewgumm
12-31-2014, 11:46 PM
I can't believe they're fullback has about 400 yards rushing

Raytoraid83
12-31-2014, 11:47 PM
After him leading us to #1 as Dak.

450 yds and 3tds. Dak wasn't the problem...

engie
12-31-2014, 11:47 PM
The **** u talking about?

He's thrown for 453. Russell never threw for 300. Not once. It ain't dak' fault we've damn near given up 500 on the ground.

HancockCountyDog
12-31-2014, 11:48 PM

He's thrown for 453. Russell never threw for 300. Not once. It ain't dak' fault we've damn near given up 500 on the ground.

What are they talking about. Dak has been flat out awesome tonight. Just awesome.

Smitty
12-31-2014, 11:49 PM

Not tonight dumbass our offense the latter part of the season. Bama. Ole Miss. Tonight. That Tyler Russell playbook.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-31-2014, 11:50 PM

Fricking Torbush, I mean Diaz, shit Wilson, gosh damn Collins. Damn, that's a lot of DC's in a short period.

War Machine Dawg
12-31-2014, 11:52 PM
About to haver our 5th DC in Mullen's 7 years. There's a trend there......

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Well, when you are behind in a game, you pass.

And I'll say it- I wouldn't be shocked if we are actually a better offense without Robinson next year. He can't block worth a shit. And he practically disappeared for the most part at the end of the year. Shumpert and Aeries might end up being better for us overall.

Really Clark?
12-31-2014, 11:56 PM

And what would you have done different? Nobody wanted to keep Torbush or Wilson. Diaz and Collins leaves for bigger programs. Its just the hand that we have been dealt.

Coach007
12-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Drink less

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 11:57 PM

Yeah- Dan's probably like WHY CAN'T YOU IDIOTS RUN BEND BUT DON'T BREAK WITH MISSISSIPPI ATHLETES!!!!!

BLITZ!?!?!?WTF???YOU'RE FIRED!!!!

Sadly, that's probably not all that far off.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 11:58 PM
And what would you have done different? Nobody wanted to keep Torbush or Wilson. Diaz and Collins leaves for bigger programs. Its just the hand that we have been dealt.

How about hiring a DC that's actually aggressive and let him handle the defense? Works for most successful coaches.

Since you asked.

CJDAWG85
12-31-2014, 11:58 PM
You blame Dak when our D had more holes than the car Kelly sprayed?

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 12:05 AM
How about hiring a DC that's actually aggressive and let him handle the defense? Works for most successful coaches.

Since you asked.

That wasn't what was been implied and you know it. And he has stayed out of it more than the implications. Especially Diaz and Collins. And he had to make change with Torbush and Wilson.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:05 AM
You blame Dak when our D had more holes than the car Kelly sprayed?

Dak is the LAST guy we should blame. His interception was tipped and probably should have been caught. And honestly the offense wasn't too bad- I'm not going to complain about us getting 35 on power five school. I actually liked the aggressiveness. We did have too many dropped passes and Robinson's fumble was really bad as was the INT- but it was an acceptable performance overall.

bluelightstar
01-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Dak is the LAST guy we should blame. His interception was tipped and probably should have been caught. And honestly the offense wasn't too bad- I'm not going to complain about us getting 35 on power five school. I actually liked the aggressiveness. We did have too many dropped passes and Robinson's fumble was really bad as was the INT- but it was an acceptable performance overall.

I thought the play call was pretty bad. Malcolm missed a block, but it looked like we checked into an option on the side they were blitzing from. Disaster waiting to happen.

Even still, I vehemently believe that "lateral" went forward and should have been incomplete.

SignalToNoise
01-01-2015, 12:09 AM
After him leading us to #1 as Dak.

Offense was not the problem tonight, chief.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-01-2015, 12:11 AM
That wasn't what was been implied and you know it. And he has stayed out of it more than the implications. Especially Diaz and Collins. And he had to make change with Torbush and Wilson.

I will give you Diaz because he left for a better job and it was early in Dans career, but we've seen the same bullshit D for four years, and DC's constantly thrown under the bus. I am starting to see a pattern of a control freak, like an officer in the military who won't let the NCO's do their jobs.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:11 AM

That's hard to believe since we run the same shit every year except for the one year Diaz was here. And the fact that Dan has said multiple times "we run the same system that we always have run".

And it's NOT going to change. If we hired someone that actually is a good play caller and play designer like Clancy Pendergast, Dan is going to chop their legs out from under them. That's why it's probably best to just hire Orgeron and bring in the most talented guys we can and hope for the best. All we're going to ever let him do is run cover two, cover three, and an occasional corner blitz. It's best to just work around it at this point because Scott and Keenum can't make him change.

archdog
01-01-2015, 12:12 AM
My question here is, i seem to remember us running the read option with Relf and running outside with the qb instead of up the middle everytime. Was this just me not remembering correctly or what?

Smitty
Offense was not the problem tonight, chief.

Where is the disconnect on you retards. Not talking anything about Dak but MULLEN putting him in a Tyler Russell offense the second half of the year!!!!!

Todd4State
I thought the play call was pretty bad. Malcolm missed a block, but it looked like we checked into an option on the side they were blitzing from. Disaster waiting to happen.

Even still, I vehemently believe that "lateral" went forward and should have been incomplete.

I can't really argue with that.

drunkernhelldawg
The offense stalled in the red zone several times tonight. The way you handle a team you can't stop is to outscore them. We had our chances. Turnovers killed us too.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:14 AM
My question here is, i seem to remember us running the read option with Relf and running outside with the qb instead of up the middle everytime. Was this just me not remembering correctly or what?

Well, in 2011 Relf ran it up the middle a lot it seemed to me. Still, you point about the lack of option is taken. I'm curious to see if we actually get better at running the option with Shumpert and Aeries. Josh may have limited us somewhat because of his lack of ability to block for Dak on the option.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:16 AM
I will give you Diaz because he left for a better job and it was early in Dans career, but we've seen the same bullshit D for four years, and DC's constantly thrown under the bus. I am starting to see a pattern of a control freak, like an officer in the military who won't let the NCO's do their jobs.

I agree. And we know he does it on special teams as well. I'm not sure why we even bother with coordinators.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, in 2011 Relf ran it up the middle a lot it seemed to me. Still, you point about the lack of option is taken. I'm curious to see if we actually get better at running the option with Shumpert and Aeries. Josh may have limited us somewhat because of his lack of ability to block for Dak on the option.

Well, Shump does look good going downhill.

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 12:23 AM
That's hard to believe since we run the same shit every year except for the one year Diaz was here. And the fact that Dan has said multiple times "we run the same system that we always have run".

And it's NOT going to change. If we hired someone that actually is a good play caller and play designer like Clancy Pendergast, Dan is going to chop their legs out from under them. That's why it's probably best to just hire Orgeron and bring in the most talented guys we can and hope for the best. All we're going to ever let him do is run cover two, cover three, and an occasional corner blitz. It's best to just work around it at this point because Scott and Keenum can't make him change.

That's bull. The defense at the end of last year to this was different and called differently. Pick one or the other. Dan did it both times and therefore was also responsible of that defense or it was Collins. But it was different. The first year of Wilson resembled Diaz defense a lot closer than in the second year. Again, if it's always Dan them you had better also give him credit for Wilson's first year as well. So in four years, three of Dan's defenses were above average (except for pass defense this year) and two of his defenses were very good. Wilson and Collins's first years.

Charlie_Sheen420
01-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Well now it looks like Dak may not be back next year....see mike bonners tweet.....

HereComesTheSpiral
01-01-2015, 12:31 AM
That's bull. The defense at the end of last year to this was different and called differently. Pick one or the other. Dan did it both times and therefore was also responsible of that defense or it was Collins. But it was different. The first year of Wilson resembled Diaz defense a lot closer than in the second year. Again, if it's always Dan them you had better also give him great for Wilson's first year as well. So in four years, three of Dan's defenses were above average (except for pass defense this year) and two of his defenses were very good. Wilson and Collins's first years.

Wilson had a first round DL his first year, Dan was at the end of the rope at the end of last year and completely handed it over to Collins. I am convinced these two circumstances are the only reason we looked competitive on D that you mentioned in the above situations.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:36 AM
That's bull. The defense at the end of last year to this was different and called differently. Pick one or the other. Dan did it both times and therefore was also responsible of that defense or it was Collins. But it was different. The first year of Wilson resembled Diaz defense a lot closer than in the second year. Again, if it's always Dan them you had better also give him credit for Wilson's first year as well. So in four years, three of Dan's defenses were above average (except for pass defense this year) and two of his defenses were very good. Wilson and Collins's first years.

I don't have a problem giving Dan credit when it's "good". I don't have a problem with the scheme at all even though it's not what I would do personally. I'm just saying that if we're going to run that type of a scheme, we need to bring in the players to do it. And if he's going to be stubborn and not take advantage of the talent that he has, I'll speak up about that too. It's not really that much different than Croom not letting Omarr Conner run read option.

I'm saying that we need to be realistic about the situation and what's going on because it appears as if Dan is going to have a large say in it- good, bad or worse.

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Wilson had a first round DL his first year, Dan was at the end of the rope at the end of last year and completely handed it over to Collins. I am convinced these two circumstances are the only reason we looked competitive on D that you mentioned in the above situations.

So he is more liable to have hands off approach in Diaz, Wilson, and Collins's first years but not the second? That is not what a control freak would do as he is being painted. And the end of last year had much, much more do to with our guys becoming experienced. The defense was the same all year. They just matured.

Todd4State
01-01-2015, 12:38 AM

This is a good point. And it helps support mine as well. With Fletcher Cox, Chris Wilson looks solid. With Cherrington, not so much. We COULD have masked Cherrington's weaknesses by playing different fronts and asking him to play less, but we treated him like he was Fletcher Cox.

Really Clark?
01-01-2015, 12:52 AM
I don't have a problem giving Dan credit when it's "good". I don't have a problem with the scheme at all even though it's not what I would do personally. I'm just saying that if we're going to run that type of a scheme, we need to bring in the players to do it. And if he's going to be stubborn and not take advantage of the talent that he has, I'll speak up about that too. It's not really that much different than Croom not letting Omarr Conner run read option.

I'm saying that we need to be realistic about the situation and what's going on because it appears as if Dan is going to have a large say in it- good, bad or worse.

I understand and agree to a degree. But I think, because of his personalty which is probably somewhat of a micromanager, he has to stay true to himself or he will fail. And his philosophy has succeeded more than failed. Including the defense.