PDA

View Full Version : Watching this game, you can bet on one thing for sure.

Dawgheadcheese
12-31-2014, 02:23 PM
Geoff Collins knew he was leaving before the OM game and he didn't have our defense ready to play. For that, he can kiss my ass. No excuse for us not winning that game with everything that was riding on it. Pathetic.

Bothrops
12-31-2014, 02:25 PM
That's what I thought as well

bluelightstar
12-31-2014, 02:26 PM
Our defense underperformed relative to its talent level all year.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 02:28 PM
Our defense underperformed relative to its talent level all year.

THIS. And the reason was because Collins is a pleaser. "1A/1B", everyone gets the same amount of snaps, etc.

Honestly, if our 1A's played say 3/4 of the snaps rather than half- we probably have the best defense in the SEC regardless of what kind of actual scheme we ran.

quickstrike2
12-31-2014, 02:36 PM
I really hope that 1A/1B went to Florida, or is over with at Mississippi State. I get it, sometimes you got to rest some guys, but not against Alabama. I just don't see Collins pulling those shenanigans at Florida.

dawgs
12-31-2014, 02:38 PM
It's like rotating in 2-3 guys at a time for a few plays so that there isn't a glaring overall drop off was just too much for our coaches to figure out. Could've rotated like that and still gotten guys about the same number of snaps.

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Geoff Collins knew he was leaving before the OM game and he didn't have our defense ready to play. For that, he can kiss my ass. No excuse for us not winning that game with everything that was riding on it. Pathetic.

Good riddence on Collins. This proves it.

justwin
12-31-2014, 03:52 PM

that's a stretch.

Collins left to make big time $ and having DC @ UF is good for any resume. Period, end of story. Good luck to Collins.

Dawgfan77
12-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Yet they hired Shannon to coach LBs.

LiterallyPolice
12-31-2014, 04:05 PM
I think we could have had a better showing in the egg bowl... But make no mistake about it, The Ole Miss team that beat us and Bama played nothing like the Ole Miss team that got drilled by TCU and Ark. They've been wildly inconsistent this year... Namely because of their wildly inconsistent QB.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 04:14 PM
I think we could have had a better showing in the egg bowl... But make no mistake about it, The Ole Miss team that beat us and Bama played nothing like the Ole Miss team that got drilled by TCU and Ark. They've been wildly inconsistent this year... Namely because of their wildly inconsistent QB.

And the fact that they play a LOT better in Oxford. I'm sure a lot of teams do play better at home, naturally- but it seems like they have a bigger disparity between their play in Oxford vs. anywhere else. Look at their road wins- Vanderbilt and Texas A&M barely with Kenny Hill at the end of his rope. And even in that A&M game they scored 22 on A&M's horrible defense. I'll give them credit for Boise State, but that was a "neutral site" and I'm pretty sure Ole Miss brought more fans there and had more of an advantage.

MabenMaroon
12-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Both the announcers at the game and Granny Holtz said that it was simply a matter of execution, execution on every play. Don't usually put a whole lot of stock in what they say during these games, but this time I am in full agreement. That to me was the difference in the Egg Bowl, we just didn't focus and execute for the entire game, tsun did and when we took plays off or lost our focus/execution on some plays ... boom there went the ball game.
I am sure CDM will hire a good defensive mind and will make sure that they understand the importance of the rivalry and understand that, as CDM often says in every pre-game, you have to give relentless effort on every play, you never know when any play in particular is the difference in a games outcome. I think that was probably the thing that had CDM more pissed than anything else in the Egg Bowl.

maroonmania
12-31-2014, 04:49 PM
that's a stretch.

Collins left to make big time $ and having DC @ UF is good for any resume. Period, end of story. Good luck to Collins.

He certainly didn't know he was going to UF but I fully agree that he was already in the "sending out the resume" mode.