PDA

View Full Version : Well this gives new insight into the Porter situation..

Original48
06-18-2013, 06:17 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130618/SPORTS030102/130618041/Mississippi-State-s-Porter-makes-most-his-opportunity

TexasDawg
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Interesting, well I guess we have our answer as to why he hasn't played too much

swdawg
06-18-2013, 06:59 PM
What you got to say now, Will James? As usual, you don't know everything that is going on. You just think you know everything. That John Cohen is just a dumbass that can't get out of his own way and out of his teams way...right? We have to beat the other team as well as overcome the stupidity of our own coach...right?

War Machine Dawg
06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Anyone care to summarize for those of us who don't pay for that rag?

TexasDawg
06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
He had conjunctivitis in his eyes because of his contacts so for the past 90 days or so he hasn't been able to wear them therefore he could not see, much less hit a 90 MPH fastball

engie
06-18-2013, 07:11 PM
You can view it incognito...

Basically Porter has been battling an eye infection that I presume he got from leaving in his contacts too much. As such, he couldn't wear them at all over the last good long while -- and he can now put them back in, but his vision is still not back to 20/20...

Original48
06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
"What you got to say now, Will James? As usual, you don't know everything that is going on. You just think you know everything. That John Cohen is just a dumbass that can't get out of his own way and out of his teams way...right? We have to beat the other team as well as overcome the stupidity of our own coach...right?"

Actually I was one of the more vocal people questioning his absence/demanding he be placed in the lineup as well. Just can't believe this is the first we are hearing about it. And that was a bit of an abrasive response up there...and by abrasive I mean my daddy can beat up your daddy esque.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 07:26 PM
at least that makes some sense as to why he wasnt playing

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Interesting. I read that story when it was tweeted but didn't turn to page 2. Bonner should have put it on the front page - although he probably isn't aware of the contributions he had last year and we expected this year from Trey.

I've also heard Tyler Fullerton is out because he tore his hamstring. Makes you wonder about Nick Flair as well.

swdawg
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Were you also saying that Cohen was dumb, stupid, can't get out of his own way, etc. for not playing Porter? Or did you just question it and state your opinion that he should be playing more? I don't remember what you've posted.

If you were posting the the "stupid", "dumb", "Cohen is hurting his own team" shit, then my response is for you too. If you just questioned and wondered why he wasn't playing more, it's not. I hope you can see the difference.

And as for my post being abrasive - well, I meant for it to be abrasive, and I addressed it specifically to Will James...not to you. So now it's not OK to post things that are abrasive on Elitedawgs?

"What you got to say now, Will James? As usual, you don't know everything that is going on. You just think you know everything. That John Cohen is just a dumbass that can't get out of his own way and out of his teams way...right? We have to beat the other team as well as overcome the stupidity of our own coach...right?"

Actually I was one of the more vocal people questioning his absence/demanding he be placed in the lineup as well. Just can't believe this is the first we are hearing about it. And that was a bit of an abrasive response up there...and by abrasive I mean my daddy can beat up your daddy esque.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2013, 08:00 PM
He had conjunctivitis in his eyes because of his contacts so for the past 90 days or so he hasn't been able to wear them therefore he could not see, much less hit a 90 MPH fastball

Glasses? I kid, I'm sure his' eyes are also sensitive to sunlight with that infection.

Will James
06-18-2013, 08:10 PM
What you got to say now, Will James? As usual, you don't know everything that is going on. You just think you know everything. That John Cohen is just a dumbass that can't get out of his own way and out of his teams way...right? We have to beat the other team as well as overcome the stupidity of our own coach...right?

Yeah because this revelation changes nothing? Moron.

swdawg
06-18-2013, 08:15 PM
It certainly doesn't change the things that you've said about Cohen (because he wouldn't play Trey) does it? Moron.

Yeah because this revelation changes nothing? Moron.

MSUDawg4Life
06-18-2013, 08:17 PM
lol

Will James can't admit that he was wrong and knows nothing.

Not that it took any revelation for me to know that.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Cohen is a genius for getting this team to the final 4.

He's a top 5 college baseball coach.

MSU is a top 10 program when it has a top 10 coach.

Cohen should not be questioned, as he has forgotten more baseball than anyone on here ever knew.

Does that mean Cohen is perfect? no. it just means he has reasons for EVERYTHING he does...good reasons.

I've been saying all these things for years. While I am wrong about many things, I have not been wrong about these things.

Will James
06-18-2013, 08:28 PM
It certainly doesn't change the things that you've said about Cohen (because he wouldn't play Trey) does it? Moron.

This is GoodDawg2.0 on SPS level stupidity.

swdawg
06-18-2013, 08:35 PM
I understand why you don't want to talk about this. Really, I do. Just continue on with your weak-ass name calling. Keep avoiding...

This is GoodDawg2.0 on SPS level stupidity.

Will James
06-18-2013, 08:48 PM
I understand why you don't want to talk about this. Really, I do. Just continue on with your weak-ass name calling. Keep avoiding...

Funny i don't remember swdawg mentioning Porters eye problem on here before. Everyone was calling for Porter PT. Not sure what your point is with this. You weren't proven right on anything. All you got is nanny nanny boo boo WJ was wrong. Haha whatever makes you feel better dumbass. Based on what me and everyone else with half a brain knew, Porter should have been playing. Unless you can link to where you mentioned Porter had an eye injury, I will continue to laugh at your pathetic ass. Name one baseball insight you've provided to the board.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Nobody knew about Porter outside of the team- questioning Cohen about Porter not playing was a valid concern. This answer now 2 months later makes sense now.

Cohen's done a really good job- but nobody is perfect and decisions get questioned.

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 09:01 PM
I have eye problems myself, and I can tell you it can be very painful. I burned my eye in gross anatomy lab at UMC with formaldehyde and I burned part of my cornea off. THAT SUCKED. Then a few years later, I started having corneal abrasions in the same eye and I had to miss about a month of work. I had them off and on for about six months until the MD found something that worked- which is this ointment that I have to put on my eye every night.

I remember watching a MSU/USM game at Trustmark Park and all the balls that were being thrown by the pitcher were jumping around. I can't imagine anyone hitting at any level going through that.

Original48
06-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Were you also saying that Cohen was dumb, stupid, can't get out of his own way, etc. for not playing Porter? Or did you just question it and state your opinion that he should be playing more? I don't remember what you've posted.

If you were posting the the "stupid", "dumb", "Cohen is hurting his own team" shit, then my response is for you too. If you just questioned and wondered why he wasn't playing more, it's not. I hope you can see the difference.

And as for my post being abrasive - well, I meant for it to be abrasive, and I addressed it specifically to Will James...not to you. So now it's not OK to post things that are abrasive on Elitedawgs?
I was not calling Cohen names. I was simply asking why one of the better players from last year wasn't playing this year. Then I was trying to figure out why you were so upset.

swdawg
06-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Yes. Questioning Cohen about Porter not playing is fine. You questioned why Porter wasn't playing, but you didn't do what Will James did. A couple of people seem to not see the difference.

SO...

Will didn't just question it. He called Cohen dumb, stupid; said that he needed to get out of the way; that we had to not only beat the other team but we had to overcome the stupidity of our own coach; it's just Cohen's "love affair" with Sam Frost that keeps Porter from playing more...

Will acts like he knows everything about everything. It didn't matter if someone pointed out that Cohen might know a little more about what is going on with Porter than he did or anyone else. Cohen was just a dumbass who couldn't get out of his own way and did things that hurt his team. Now that it is known that there was a very valid reason for Porter not playing...

I'm just pointing out what a jackass Will is...aGAIN. But you go ahead and take up for him, be his big brother. Don't let anybody be mean to innocent little Will James.

Nobody knew about Porter outside of the team- questioning Cohen about Porter not playing was a valid concern. This answer now 2 months later makes sense now.

Cohen's done a really good job- but nobody is perfect and decisions get questioned.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm just pointing out what a jackass Will is...aGAIN. But you go ahead and take up for him, be his big brother. Don't let anybody be mean to innocent little Will James.

I'm not taking up for him- just pointing out the obvious. I like Will but we dont agree all the time. He thinks Detz's glove is as good as Frost's (it's not) and Renfroe is clutch (he's not). But he does provide info and attempt to make a sound argument. That's all I ask

swdawg
06-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I haven't claimed to be right. I haven't claimed to know anything about Porter's eye problem. My point is that there was real, valid reason for it, and now we know it. But you've been talking about how stupid Cohen is, etc. never acknowledging that there might be a valid reason for it. Just Cohen is a dumbass, does things to hurt his own team...

Whatever makes you feel better, jackass. That's my point...you're still a jackass know-it-all.

Funny i don't remember swdawg mentioning Porters eye problem on here before. Everyone was calling for Porter PT. Not sure what your point is with this. You weren't proven right on anything. All you got is nanny nanny boo boo WJ was wrong. Haha whatever makes you feel better dumbass. Based on what me and everyone else with half a brain knew, Porter should have been playing. Unless you can link to where you mentioned Porter had an eye injury, I will continue to laugh at your pathetic ass. Name one baseball insight you've provided to the board.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Dude I agree will is a dumbass sometimes as we all are and we get how you feel. Take out your tampon and stick it in your mouth so you will shut the **** up already about it. You made your point ad nauseum. A very valid one and now it's overkill.

Hump4Hoops
06-18-2013, 09:44 PM
Will James can't admit that he was wrong and knows nothing.

Is this new information to you?

Will James
06-18-2013, 09:54 PM
I haven't claimed to be right

Exactly. You are a know nothing. You are too scared/dumb/weak minded to form an opinion or thought on your own. For better or for worse you will know exactly how I feel about something and better yet, I will lay out WHY I feel that way. Unlike you I'm not afraid of being wrong, because I know more often than not I will be right in what I say.

I can call a Robson, Porter, Henderson breakout and have a good idea that it will happen.
I can call a sweep in College Station when we are 3-6 and defend it for a month until it comes about.
I can call Arkansas being garbage in the postseason in the middle of the season and defend it for a month until it comes about.

What have you provided?

swdawg
06-18-2013, 10:01 PM
Well, I'll just be *******ed...someone actually acknowledging that they understand the point of this. Thanks...and **** off.

Dude I agree will is a dumbass sometimes as we all are and we get how you feel. Take out your tampon and stick it in your mouth so you will shut the **** up already about it. You made your point ad nauseum. A very valid one and now it's overkill.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
Lol nevermind keep going dickface. I'm sure at some point Will is going to say holy shit I'm wrong and swdawg is right. Double up on your blood pressure meds because I got a feeling that's gonna be awhile and you're gonna have to repeat yourself quite a bit. Rave on horseshit.

dawgoneyall
06-18-2013, 10:10 PM
GPC is not an infection but due to mechanical irritation by the contact lens in conjunction to an allergic response. Also, called Contact Lens Induced Conjunctivitis. Most probably due to sleeping in his lens. Maybe, maybe not. Usually a change in contact lens type and daily wear only with addition of extensive steroid (topical) use (short term) reduces the symptoms to a manageable level, then longer term use of a milder steroid then mast cell stabilizer for extended use. . Interesting that it was such a problem for this extended period unless he let the problem ride along until corneal distortion occurred (probable).

Of course one has to differentiate between GPC and atopic conjunctivitis, Both treated in similar manners.

Original48
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Well, I'll just be *******ed...someone actually acknowledging that they understand the point of this. Thanks...and **** off.

Dude you might want to consider not breaking the Xanax in half.

swdawg
06-18-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm done...again, thanks for the acknowledgement. And, again, **** off. lol

Lol nevermind keep going dickface. I'm sure at some point Will is going to say holy shit I'm wrong and swdawg is right. Double up on your blood pressure meds because I got a feeling that's gonna be awhile and you're gonna have to repeat yourself quite a bit. Rave on horseshit.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 10:26 PM
No you **** off

Coach34
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
and that'll close the book on this one