PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Going Pro

Big4Dawg
12-31-2014, 12:24 PM
Announced on his Instagram that this is his last game wearing maroon

CadaverDawg
12-31-2014, 12:26 PM
I'll always be grateful he was a Dawg. I don't think it's a smart move, but it's HIS decision, so I respect it. Go out in style, JRob....it would only be fitting.

NCDawg
12-31-2014, 12:26 PM
Announced on his Instagram that this is his last game wearing maroon

OK, good for him. I'm not sure he's ready, but I sure hope he makes it. He's a tough little dude.

Coach34
12-31-2014, 12:28 PM
I've been telling ya'll this for over a month

msstate7
12-31-2014, 12:29 PM
Good luck jrob. You'll always be one of my favs

BeastMan
12-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Can't blame him with his background and family needs. Wish him the best in the league

Dawg496
12-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Good luck to the bowling ball, hate that we didn't use him more than we did earlier in his career. Still a great Bulldog but could've been atop the record books given ample opportunity.

Also another high character guy that will represent us very positively at the next level. With all he has been through, he deserves a chance to cash an NFL paycheck.

Dallas_Dawg
12-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Look at anthony Dixon. He stayed for his senior year, broke records and was drafted in 7th round.
Only so many hits a running back needs to take.
Opens the door for Shump, Lee, and last but not least, the A train

Liverpooldawg
12-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Given his background I can't blame him, I hope it works out for him. He is a great Dawg.

Smitty
12-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Could have used him more than we did but great career nonetheless. Will be missed.

dawgs
12-31-2014, 12:45 PM
RB is one spot where it's hard to improve your draft stock. You either have the size and speed or you don't. And things like reading blocks and finding holes is more of a natural talent than a learned skill. Even the best rookie RBs need time to learn things like pass protection, but that's a skill the NFL knows they can teach and they don't look for that much when drafting a RB. If he got informed he'd likely be drafted, it's probably a smart move given his background.

maroonmania
12-31-2014, 12:46 PM
Could have used him more than we did but great career nonetheless. Will be missed.

Given his personal situation I fully understand. My only regret is that Mullen "saved" him WAY too much this year and JRob could have had a much bigger year than he even did. Heck, he played very little the last 4 games.

Saltydog
12-31-2014, 12:46 PM
nt

War Machine Dawg
12-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Good luck, J-Beast! I called this months ago. Sad to see him go, but wish him luck in the NFL. Now go out BIG, J-Beast! And Mullen: #FeedTheBeast tonight. Minimum 15 rushes.

engie
12-31-2014, 12:55 PM
It's criminal that we only got one real year from this guy who was here for 4 years -- behind Perkins...

Not worried about RB going forward. Hope we learned something from this though. If anything, it's being proven all across the SEC in the past couple of years that RBs, quite often, come in ready to roll. Chubb, Michel, Gurley, Marshall, Lattimore, Fournette, Dyer, Yeldon, etc...

Percho
12-31-2014, 12:59 PM
He told my son last night he was going pro.

Bothrops
12-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Let's hope JRob goes out with a huge bang!

Dawgface
12-31-2014, 01:11 PM
You are right. Its a shame he was not used more last year. But Mullen was married to Perkins for some reason. I do wish him the best and understand his decision.

I seen it dawg
12-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Hope he goes out well and wish we would have used him better. Wish he would have waited until after the game but whatever.

maroonmania
12-31-2014, 01:22 PM
You are right. Its a shame he was not used more last year. But Mullen was married to Perkins for some reason. I do wish him the best and understand his decision.

There is no doubt that JRob's personality rubbed Mullen the wrong way and cost him a lot of playing time. I certainly don't think anyone would even try and attempt to say that Perkin's productivity was even in the ballpark with JRob's.

thunderclap
12-31-2014, 01:33 PM
nt

Yep

basedog
12-31-2014, 01:37 PM
There is no doubt that JRob's personality rubbed Mullen the wrong way and cost him a lot of playing time. I certainly don't think anyone would even try and attempt to say that Perkin's productivity was even in the ballpark with JRob's.

Yep! Mullen told JRob to quit worrying about stats and bouncing outside and much more but in a good way.

Maroonthirteen
12-31-2014, 01:55 PM
is there an agent in his ear?

I guess he can play in Canada if he is not drafted.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 02:12 PM
I wish him the best and hope it works out for him.

I hope that Aeries Williams is ready. I feel good about Shumpert.

dawgs
12-31-2014, 02:16 PM
is there an agent in his ear?

I guess he can play in Canada if he is not drafted.

I'm sure he probably got a 4-6 round projection. Thing is, he could repeat his season next year and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference in his draft stock. That's why he should go on to the NFL. Dak on the other hand can significantly improve his draft stock if he improves his passing this offseason as much as he did last offseason.

Sacrifice
12-31-2014, 02:18 PM
I wonder how many carries JRob gets today. I bet Shump gets as many carries as JRob.

BLITZII
12-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Thank you JRob for being a part of our family! I wish this young man nothing but the best.

defiantdog
12-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Our top 3 running backs will be over 6 feet tall next year.

Shump - 6-2, 215 lbs
Atrain - 6-1, 205 lbs
Lee - 6-1, 210 lbs

I have a feeling there will be a lot of north to south running next year.

(Sorry, but I don't consider Holloway a running back. He's our option when the other guys need a breather)

mic
12-31-2014, 02:24 PM
Hope he goes out well and wish we would have used him better. Wish he would have waited until after the game but whatever.
Agree 100%... No reason to announce it before the game...

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 02:31 PM

Shump - 6-2, 215 lbs
Atrain - 6-1, 205 lbs
Lee - 6-1, 210 lbs

(Sorry, but I don't consider Holloway a running back. He's our option when the other guys need a breather)

I definitely like the measurables. I bet we play Gibson or Murphy some as well.

maroonkoolaid
12-31-2014, 03:09 PM
I am truly thankful what Jrob contributed to this program and this team during his 3 years. However for some reason I have a problem with him announcing his decision 8 hours before one of the biggest bowl games in program history. Again I respect his decision and believe it's the right one. But he's about to be a professional athlete and should know what kind of a distraction this could cause on the field. I'm hoping it's not going to happen but his announcement could have waited until after the game IMO

drunkernhelldawg
12-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Average over 6 ypc over his career. Multiple huge games this season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Robinson_%28running_back%29

Political Hack
12-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Dear everyone that said otherwise, am I still an idiot for saying he's likely going pro a month or two ago?

justwin
12-31-2014, 03:43 PM
Congratulations, Josh. Good luck!

Can't imagine how good Tyler Russell would've been had Mullen played J-Rob the last 2 years.

justwin
12-31-2014, 03:44 PM
I am truly thankful what Jrob contributed to this program and this team during his 3 years. However for some reason I have a problem with him announcing his decision 8 hours before one of the biggest bowl games in program history. Again I respect his decision and believe it's the right one. But he's about to be a professional athlete and should know what kind of a distraction this could cause on the field. I'm hoping it's not going to happen but his announcement could have waited until after the game IMO

I look for him to be very motivated vs GT.

justwin
12-31-2014, 03:45 PM

Shump - 6-2, 215 lbs
Atrain - 6-1, 205 lbs
Lee - 6-1, 210 lbs

Lee reminds me of Bama's Shaun Alexander from a few years back.

bulldawg28
12-31-2014, 03:46 PM
It's criminal that we only got one real year from this guy who was here for 4 years -- behind Perkins...

Not worried about RB going forward. Hope we learned something from this though. If anything, it's being proven all across the SEC in the past couple of years that RBs, quite often, come in ready to roll. Chubb, Michel, Gurley, Marshall, Lattimore, Fournette, Dyer, Yeldon, etc...

This. He should have jumped Perkins quickly. 3 years of the dawg house is enough for anyone.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 03:56 PM

If he turns out to be another Alexander, he will turn out to be Dan's biggest Diamond in the Rough pick up ever.

I've always thought that Lee would be a badass fullback. A guy that can block, catch, and run the ball.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 03:57 PM
This. He should have jumped Perkins quickly. 3 years of the dawg house is enough for anyone.

I hate to say it, but that might be part of why he is leaving.

justwin
12-31-2014, 04:04 PM

dam, you're right. I never thought of this.

Sadly, I don't think J-Rob will be one of the top 12 RBs taken even though he should be as high as #6 b/c he never got enough carries early on in his career.

Dawg61
12-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Why does everyone keep mentioning his background? If he was a billionaire this would still be the best decision for him and his career. Good luck JRob I sure did enjoy watching him this year. Great player!

msstate7
12-31-2014, 04:07 PM

That's a heck of a compliment. Alexander was an awfully good rb

Political Hack
12-31-2014, 04:15 PM
I hate to say it, but that might be part of why he is leaving.

I don't think that's it at all. He has a great relationship with the Mullen's. He was just always forced to take a back seat to the more mature, less comical upperclassman that out worked him. Perk clearly wasn't more talented, but he did everything he was asked.

JRob has never had much. He wants to make money. This is his chance to do that. I'm very happy for him and wish him all the success in the world. I think it's a smart decision and going to eventually pay dividends.

TheDogFather
12-31-2014, 04:22 PM
I've been telling ya'll this for over a month

If it had gone the other way, I'm sure you'd be here bragging how you were wrong.

dawgs
12-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Dear everyone that said otherwise, am I still an idiot for saying he's likely going pro a month or two ago?

I was in agreement because it's hard for a RB to improve their stock. He's not going to get significantly bigger, faster, or stronger by next spring, and that's what RBs are drafted on. And imo reading holes is a skill that's born in you, not learned. Maybe there can be marginal improvement reading holes and being patient, but generally you can either gets yards or you can't.

maroonmania
12-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Why does everyone keep mentioning his background? If he was a billionaire this would still be the best decision for him and his career. Good luck JRob I sure did enjoy watching him this year. Great player!

Because guys that aren't in the situation of financial need are usually more willing to postpone leaving college and fully enjoy their college career whether or not its the best business decision. There are many players that return to college for their senior year that people could say was not the best business decision. I just hope JRob has his degree (or close to it) because there is no guarantee he will stick in the NFL.

Coach34
12-31-2014, 05:33 PM
If it had gone the other way, I'm sure you'd be here bragging how you were wrong.

Too bad I wasn't huh?

MsStateBaseball
12-31-2014, 05:50 PM
He needs the money and we need to make room for younger guys.

Smitty
12-31-2014, 05:51 PM
We need to ride J-Rob tonight for sure