PDA

View Full Version : What would the Ninja do?

rabbitthedawg
12-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Would Greg Byrne make a change in the middle of season?

cheewgumm
12-30-2014, 11:41 PM
Wait until the end of the season then hire a Kentucky or Duke assistant.

32 Dive
12-31-2014, 12:00 AM
Now, I'm not a fan of the mid-season firing. But, Grasshopper better have a long list of names in the drawer, filed under "Now, What!?"

dawgs
12-31-2014, 01:38 AM
He'd never have made this hire to begin with.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 02:35 AM
He'd never have made this hire to begin with.

This is true. We would have Kenny Payne right now.

Todd4State
12-31-2014, 02:36 AM
Would Greg Byrne make a change in the middle of season?

I don't know- maybe. And honestly I wouldn't be totally shocked if Stricklin did.

shannondawg
12-31-2014, 08:36 AM
I think it all boils down to how the contract reads. It can't get any worse, no need for legal problems, and Ray certainly isn't going to give up that salary without a fight.

Best reply on Six Pack to Engie: "After this shit, yeah I miss Stansbury"

I'm sure our friends up north are snickering about all this, but they need to be reminded that as bad as we are, Kennedy is only batting 500 against Ray and they raised him and extended his contract..

Outside Dawg
12-31-2014, 08:44 AM
The ninja would probably tell us to look at Archie Miller (Dayton HC)...since the ninja is having success with his big brother Sean.

dawgs
12-31-2014, 11:06 AM
I think it all boils down to how the contract reads. It can't get any worse, no need for legal problems, and Ray certainly isn't going to give up that salary without a fight.

Best reply on Six Pack to Engie: "After this shit, yeah I miss Stansbury"

I'm sure our friends up north are snickering about all this, but they need to be reminded that as bad as we are, Kennedy is only batting 500 against Ray and they raised him and extended his contract..

We can afford whatever we'd owe ray. We aren't a poor program anymore. Sure we don't have texas money, but we have enough money to pay a guy the remaining million or 2 on his contract to leave us alone so we can put a competitive team on the floor. With a good hire, we'd easily be selling an extra $1M/year in tickets to make up the difference, since apparently our tickets sold number, including season tix is around 5K, We have plenty of room to increase that.

shannondawg
12-31-2014, 11:30 AM
I agree, wasn't thinking so much of paying him off, as to the legal ramifications of replacing him mid season. Would gladly pony up to see his ass gone and someone hired that could put butts in the seats.

We can afford whatever we'd owe ray. We aren't a poor program anymore. Sure we don't have texas money, but we have enough money to pay a guy the remaining million or 2 on his contract to leave us alone so we can put a competitive team on the floor. With a good hire, we'd easily be selling an extra $1M/year in tickets to make up the difference, since apparently our tickets sold number, including season tix is around 5K, We have plenty of room to increase that.