PDA

View Full Version : Ray not taking the blame

starkvegasdawg
12-30-2014, 11:00 PM
"I thought that we have a problem here right now just finding five guys we can count on to consistently start off the game with," said Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray. "Right now we have some fractures on our team. The thing I am most concerned about is, offensively we have our struggles and we have to find guys with a combination to help us offensively and also play hard.

"I thought our first two years here, everybody complimented us on how hard we played and competed. That part should be getting better but it isn't and we have to find a way to fix that. Our team doesn't know how to win and that confidence is gone."

engie
12-30-2014, 11:01 PM
Team has quit on him and/or viceversa.

TheRef
12-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Robbie Faulk
@robbiefaulk247
IJ Ready says the team hasn't had one good practice since they've been back. Craig Sword said they aren't into it.

9:05pm ? 30 Dec 2014 ? TweetDeck

CadaverDawg
12-30-2014, 11:04 PM
"I thought that we have a problem here right now just finding five guys we can count on to consistently start off the game with," said Mississippi State head coach Rick Ray. "Right now we have some fractures on our team. The thing I am most concerned about is, offensively we have our struggles and we have to find guys with a combination to help us offensively and also play hard.

"I thought our first two years here, everybody complimented us on how hard we played and competed. That part should be getting better but it isn't and we have to find a way to fix that. Our team doesn't know how to win and that confidence is gone."

It's actually a disservice to everybody, including Ray, to keep him the rest of the year. He is making himself look even worse by trying to make excuses. The fact that he is looking back at what "people were complimenting" them on in year 1 and 2, shows me he is way over his head (as if I didn't know that the day he was hired). Scott, do your job and get him out of there tonight.

Jacksondevildog
12-30-2014, 11:05 PM
The team and fan base has been told for two years to wait until we have a full roster. Now we do and we are still bad. It's hard to believe anymore.

thf24
12-30-2014, 11:11 PM
Robbie Faulk
@robbiefaulk247
IJ Ready says the team hasn't had one good practice since they've been back. Craig Sword said they aren't into it.

That's absolutely pathetic. Keeping the team motivated was the one thing Ray had going for him the past two years. Now that he's actually got a roster he can't do it anymore? I'm looking forward to March when the coaching search starts.

engie
12-30-2014, 11:12 PM
The team and fan base has been told for two years to wait until we have a full roster. Now we do and we are still bad. It's hard to believe anymore.

Yep. It's unfathomable to be this bad now that we have bodies.

Team has quit. And It's going to cost Strick $10 mil to fix it(4 yrs for "sure thing" next coach plus Ray buyout)....

msstate7
12-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Robbie Faulk
@robbiefaulk247

I'm ready for a new coach and some new players who will be more "into it". I'm fed up with ray and the lack of leaders on this team. My favorite players on this team right now are ndoye and black bc they look like they give a crap

maroonmania
12-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Yep, really sad that Ray's 3rd edition, with more overall talent, would likely lose to either of his first 2 teams even as bad as they were.

HoopsDawg
12-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Robbie Faulk
@robbiefaulk247

You can't just push and drive them over and over in practice without getting any results in games. Eventually, your players are going to throw in the towel. I though Mcneese would be one of our 2 wins to close out the year. Now I'm not sure we win another game.

TheDogFather
12-30-2014, 11:34 PM
That's absolutely pathetic. Keeping the team motivated was the one thing Ray had going for him the past two years. Now that he's actually got a roster he can't do it anymore? I'm looking forward to March when the coaching search starts.

Has a roster? Does that mean a full bench or talent? Because anyone can fill a bench.

hells bells
12-30-2014, 11:35 PM
And remind me. How much moola is Ray getting paid?

HoopsDawg
12-30-2014, 11:37 PM
And remind me. How much moola is Ray getting paid?

quit posting that shit. it's not good for my blood pressure.

thf24
12-31-2014, 08:25 AM
Has a roster? Does that mean a full bench or talent? Because anyone can fill a bench.

Full bench and the talent to be a hell of a lot better than we are right now.

headcoach98
12-31-2014, 09:34 AM
A few players have quit on Ray, not sure why but they have. Who's to say these same players won't quit on the next coach if Ray is canned after this season.

engie
12-31-2014, 10:09 AM
A few players have quit on Ray, not sure why but they have. Who's to say these same players won't quit on the next coach if Ray is canned after this season.

Same could have been said anytime there's a regime change...

The "right" coach almost always can get players to buy in...