PDA

View Full Version : If you have ideas you want to share

Coach34
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
feel free to send them. We arent locked into anything at this point and still evolving. Still spitballin to see what we can do with this and make it what we want.

FISHDAWG
04-01-2013, 01:51 PM
you need to send a personal invitation to missplatinumplus .... got to have him posting here for sure

elitedawgs
04-01-2013, 02:01 PM
you need to send a personal invitation to missplatinumplus .... got to have him posting here for sure

There's a forum here just for him.

CadaverDawg
04-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Coach, I would recommend getting the "elite" link at the bottom of the page like SPS has. After scrolling to the bottom of a thread, it makes it really easy to click that link right below the last comment and it take you back to the front page of threads. Just a lazy man's suggestion though.

FlabLoser
04-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Coach, I would recommend getting the "elite" link at the bottom of the page like SPS has. After scrolling to the bottom of a thread, it makes it really easy to click that link right below the last comment and it take you back to the front page of threads. Just a lazy man's suggestion though.

I like to right-click, then click back. Takes me right back to the list of threads.

CadaverDawg
04-01-2013, 02:57 PM
I like to right-click, then click back. Takes me right back to the list of threads.

Haven't tried that. Does it still showed that you have read the thread though? Or is it still a bolded thread when you click back? Does that make sense.

FlabLoser
04-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Still bolded I think. Its the same as hitting the back button on your browser and I think it doesn't reload the page.

CadaverDawg
04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Still bolded I think. Its the same as hitting the back button on your browser and I think it doesn't reload the page.

See, I like how when i have read the most recent post in a thread, it unbolds the thread. And then when I come back later, if that thread is still unbolded then I have read all of the posts in it....but if it is bolded again, then that means there are new posts in the thread that I haven't read. Does anyone use this?

But if you just hit the back button, it doesn't show that you have read all of the posts. Instead it stays bolded like you never clicked it.

Blueindian
04-01-2013, 03:07 PM
What are the rules regarding posting articles and such?

Will James
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
See, I like how when i have read the most recent post in a thread, it unbolds the thread. And then when I come back later, if that thread is still unbolded then I have read all of the posts in it....but if it is bolded again, then that means there are new posts in the thread that I haven't read. Does anyone use this?

But if you just hit the back button, it doesn't show that you have read all of the posts. Instead it stays bolded like you never clicked it.

Right click and open the threads you want to look at and open them all in new tabs. X them out when done and on the last one click the link taking you back to the forum. Should unbold all the ones you opened

CadaverDawg
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Right click and open the threads you want to look at and open them all in new tabs. X them out when done and on the last one click the link taking you back to the forum. Should unbold all the ones you opened

Nice. Thanks

hacker
04-01-2013, 03:55 PM
If you guys running the site need technical support, contact me.

also, the logo looks like ass. I made better logos than that in MS Paint when I was in 8th grade.

FlabLoser
04-01-2013, 04:01 PM
If you guys running the site need technical support, contact me.

also, the logo looks like ass. I made better logos than that in MS Paint when I was in 8th grade.

Now accepting submissions. Post here.

FlabLoser
04-01-2013, 04:02 PM

Actually, there is a menu at the bottom. All the way at the bottom and on the left there is a big maroon button for Reply To Thread. Straight across from that on the right is a drop-down menu with quick access to every forum here.

hacker
04-01-2013, 04:07 PM
please change the favicon.ico to something besides the vBulletin default.

this: http://i.imgur.com/IakWbK4.png?2

JHdawg
04-01-2013, 04:18 PM
I thinking a dayly or even weekly column by Coach34 discursing what sports being played then. Call it Coaches Corner. The more Coach34 posts the bettor if I do say so.

Will James
04-01-2013, 04:31 PM
I thinking a dayly or even weekly column by Coach34 discursing what sports being played then. Call it Coaches Corner. The more Coach34 posts the bettor if I do say so.

Think that comes on Sundays (or is it Monday's?) in the fall

hacker
04-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Now accepting submissions. Post here.

Can I have access to make the site look better?

elitedawgs
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
please change the favicon.ico to something besides the vBulletin default.

this: http://i.imgur.com/IakWbK4.png?2

It's been changed.

I suppose it's cached?

hacker
04-01-2013, 04:37 PM
It's been changed.

I suppose it's cached?

cool. thanks.

JHdawg
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Think that comes on Sundays (or is it Monday's?) in the fall

Thats good to no because its hard to get real insite from folks in the know instead of a bunch of dumb poonannies who don't no there ass from acorns

Spider-Man
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
How about once a week we submit questions to Coach34 and get him to call in on DawgTalk with the one that we can all agree is best?

Spider-Man
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM

You could also try hitting the "home" button on your keyboard. It will bring you immediately to the top of your current page and then you can hit the "Elitedawgs" link. That way, everything is marked as read when you reach the forum page again.

ScoobaDawg
04-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Thats good to no because its hard to get real insite from folks in the know instead of a bunch of dumb poonannies who don't no there ass from acorns

Why you saying No so much? So negative..

Blueindian
04-01-2013, 06:00 PM
A good idea would be a different board for sports discussion that are non mississippi state.

Belegal
04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
May have been discussed but will there be chat or anything similar?

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-02-2013, 07:07 PM

I seen what you did there

Will James
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
No chat on Elite?

ETA just saw where it was asked

SheltonChoked
04-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Make a private board. Call it that. I don't care if it is the rss board.

M.Fillmore
04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Make it possible to PM people. Or is it here already and I'm just missing it?

Political Hack
04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Make it possible to PM people. Or is it here already and I'm just missing it?

click on someone's user name and it'll give you the option to send them a PM. Up top is "notifications" where your inbox is located.

M.Fillmore
04-02-2013, 10:12 PM
click on someone's user name and it'll give you the option to send them a PM. Up top is "notifications" where your inbox is located.

Many thanks!

dickiedawg
04-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Seconded. Especially on mobile. When you get to the bottom, on sps it has 3 links- next thread, previous thread and home. Except it also tells you what those threads are- its much mo better.