PDA

View Full Version : I started out thinking that the bowl result is not critical, just lagniappe.

drunkernhelldawg
12-30-2014, 01:17 PM
But if every other SEC teams wins their bowl game, we damn sure better win ours too.

thunderclap
12-30-2014, 01:18 PM
It would be a school record for wins also, so I think it's more important than normal.

LC Dawg
12-30-2014, 02:41 PM
I think winning the bowl game is very important. As thunderclap stated it will be a school record for wins. It also will probably be the difference between being in the top 5 or out of the top 10 in the final rankings.
There have been a lot of comments and a few threads about our season being better than Ole Miss's season but the way I look at it that can't be determined until after the bowl games. If we lose the Orange Bowl we may not be able to lay claim to even being the best team in the state, based on the earlier in the day outcome of the Peach Bowl.
I know it's not very probable but if the right playoff teams lose in blowout fashion and Baylor and TCU lose and we win in a large way we could finish 3rd in the country.
I'd say we have more to gain than we have to lose but the bowl game is a very big deal to me.

DawgHouseUnited
12-30-2014, 03:07 PM
I sure as heck don't want the team to have that mentality- ...thinking that the bowl result is not critical, just lagniappe. I want them to go into that game desperate for a win. I want them angry that they aren't playing in the playoffs and ready to massacre GT.

Todd4State
12-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Winning bowl games are huge for a program in my opinion. I think it helps in the off season and it helps keep the fans in good spirits.

Bothrops
12-30-2014, 04:48 PM
If we lose this bowl we will pay a price in recruiting for this class. I believe that.

drunkernhelldawg
12-30-2014, 05:02 PM
This is bigger than most bowl games to me because it's a last chance to show well on a big stage. The bowl game always matters, but it's not all or nothing to the extent that the bowl negates the great season. That enjoyment stays legit.

Dawgcentral
12-30-2014, 08:57 PM
It's the biggest stage we've attended since the SEC Title Game against TN, and it's a great time slot for TV.

If these players and coaches want to make a name for themselves, this is their opportunity.

Todd4State
12-30-2014, 09:21 PM
It's the biggest stage we've attended since the SEC Title Game against TN, and it's a great time slot for TV.

If these players and coaches want to make a name for themselves, this is their opportunity.

Yep. We want to move forward as a program, this is our chance. The last time we played in a bowl even close to this was the Cotton Bowl in 1998. If we win, it will impress the talking heads.