PDA

View Full Version : So what's the temperature on Stoops' seat?

Bucky Dog
12-30-2014, 09:03 AM
After having an average year and a shitty bowl effort, you have to think his seat for next year is pretty hot. After being there around 15 years and having some alumni grumbling, I would think he will need to have a stellar season next year. They are paying him a lot to not be in contention every year. Who knows though he may have as long as he wants!

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Ice Cold. He does this every 4 or 5 years check his resume. 1999 7-5 then runs off 5 straight season of at least 11 wins. 2005 8-4 then 3 straight season of at least 11 wins. 2009 8-5 then 4 straight seasons of at least 10 wins. 2014 8-5. So if the trend is correct he's about to run of a string of double digit win seasons.

HancockCountyDog
12-30-2014, 10:38 AM
Ice Cold. He does this every 4 or 5 years check his resume. 1999 7-5 then runs off 5 straight season of at least 11 wins. 2005 8-4 then 3 straight season of at least 11 wins. 2009 8-5 then 4 straight seasons of at least 10 wins. 2014 8-5. So if the trend is correct he's about to run of a string of double digit win seasons.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a Nebraska fan lately. He wanted Pelini gone. Tired of him. I said, hasn't he won like 9 games almost every season. He then mentioned how they are "Nebraska damnit!!!" I then told him that the days of Tom Osborne are long gone.

If OU fans are tired of Bob Stoops they will reap the whirlwind if they exert any pressure on him. He is a top 10 coach in the country. I have a hard time naming 10 coaches that I would for sure hire over him.

RougeDawg
12-30-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes the problem with the "old guard" power football programs is the SEC has all but locked up southeastern recruiting. The Oklahoma's, Nebraska's and Notre Dame's of the college football world used to come get basically whoever they wanted from the south that Bama and the few other powers couldn't gobble up. The south was filled with talent and a good bit left. Now most southern players stay and play in the best conference in the nation, drying up the pipeline to the western and northern teams. The current conference strength is a prime example of the results.