PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops

MetEdDawg
12-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Anyone think he is going to be pressured to look elsewhere? 8-5 this year with a blowout bowl loss. Finish unranked and 5-4 in their conference. This is year 16 for him, but he's gotten them to double digit wins the previous 5 years and in 7 of the last 9 years.

But there seems to be a lot of people that are frustrated in Norman. I would assume he stays but does anyone think he might be looking for a way out or will be asked to look around? Not sure where he would go and who Oklahoma would get that is better.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Nope. If he wanted out he would be in Gainesville right now. He's not going anywhere.

nsvltndog
12-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Saw a tweet yesterday that they were favored in all 13 games, including their blowout loss yesterday. Not sure who their "Harbaugh" is, but they appear to be on their way to looking for him in the next few years.

Political Hack
12-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Stoops = Richt

very similar situation in many regards.

quickstrike2
12-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Stoops = Richt

I agree. Both Stoops and Richt have probably done less with more than any two coaches out there. They win some big games, but lose some games they shouldn't in seasons where others are down and they could make a title run. However, I do think both are good coaches, they both schools would be making a mistake to fire.

BrunswickDawg
12-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Stoops and Richt are classic examples of why you will rarely ever see a coach stay at a big time program for more than 10 years anymore. If you are very successful, the pressure you create to always win a championship exceeds anyone's capability to produce. Stoops has had 8 Conference titles, has won 1 Natty, and been in the conversation for a natty 11 times in 15 years. How is that not a success for a program that only has 1 other Natty since 1980? Ridiculous expectations.

UGA acts like they have had that type of history, fact is they never have. Richt has maybe under-performed - but still has more wins, more SEC titles, and has been in the Natty hunt more times than Dooley had by the same point in their careers (Dooley was in year 17 when he got his, Richt just finished 14). Neither of those coaches should get the heat people give them.

Pollodawg
12-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Stoops = Richt

Hammer meet nail.

HancockCountyDog
12-30-2014, 11:35 AM
Stoops = Richt

I have to disagree, Stoops has four straight top 15 finishes in the country the last four years.

In the last five years years, Richt has had 1.

Richt has massively underachieved the last six years at UGA. The 2012 season saved his ass. They should be dominating the SEC East. They play in the 2nd most talent rich state in the SouthEast, and they are the only freaking SEC school in the state? He gets his teeth kicked in by Bama/AU/FSU every year in recruiting.

With the right coach, UGA could be what LSU was in the early 2000's or what Bama is now. Richt is not that coach. He is basically David Cutcliffe.

It will be interesting to see what UGA does if Richt loses the bowl game. I know the fans are tired of underachieving.