PDA

View Full Version : The one bad part about the position we are in

Bo Darville
06-18-2013, 02:48 PM
I don't think I can wait until Friday. This long layoff is going to kill my nerves. We will beat dead horses all week on this board regarding pitching, hitting, lineups, etc.

maroonmania
06-18-2013, 03:01 PM
I don't think I can wait until Friday. This long layoff is going to kill my nerves. We will beat dead horses all week on this board regarding pitching, hitting, lineups, etc.

Not me, after the last 3 9th innings we've played, my nerves need a bit of a break.

Bo Darville
06-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Not me, after the last 3 9th innings we've played, my nerves need a bit of a break.

I'm the opposite. This is like a ride at Disney World. I'm having so much fun that I'm ready to do it again.

CadaverDawg
06-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Yea, it is hell on us, but I don't think it is bad for the team. I heard Cohen say after last night's game that he "didn't like having so many days off", as if we would lose our hot streak....but I'm not buying it. Last week we finished off Virginia on Monday, and proceeded to beat Oregon State after a 3 day off stretch, on a Friday. Exact same setup.

But yes, for us fans, it will be a long week. Just gotta enjoy it while we can though because it could end in a hurry. Don't miss out on enjoying the ride while trying to look ahead to the end goal.

The Croom Diaries
06-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Yeah my nerves need a break. I was glad we didn't play Sunday. I like playing every other day, the off day gives you a chance to digest what happened and enjoy it (if it's a win). Although a 4 day layoff is a lot. The anticipation is what is going to kill me. I won't be nervous, but I'm not going to get much of anything done because I'm way too engrossed in this team and I think about it too much. It's going to make it that much sweeter if we win it all but it becomes a distraction from what I should be thinking about when the game isn't on: work and the fam.

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm the opposite. This is like a ride at Disney World. I'm having so much fun that I'm ready to do it again.

This is the best attitude to have.

jbjones
06-18-2013, 08:05 PM

Absolutely. I'm the same. I'm having a blast pondering the logistics of getting to, sleeping in, and departing Omaha that it's like planning a vacation. Vacation isn't even the right word..it's more like some sort of journey that you dream of that is actually reality.