PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit is informing us that a recruiting title > baseball national title

Coach34
06-18-2013, 02:33 PM
and a much bigger deal

Gotta love the Rebs and their subjective rankings vs on the field results

"i don't think it SHOULD be this way, but even if they win the college world series, our
recruiting class is a bigger story than their national championship."

msstate7
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
and a much bigger deal

"i don't think it SHOULD be this way, but even if they win the college world series, our

Of course it should. In sports subjective rankings on what players could possibly be is always more important than what players actually do on the field.

SaltyDawg
06-18-2013, 02:38 PM
That is the most delusional thread I've ever seen.

maroonmania
06-18-2013, 02:42 PM
and a much bigger deal

And for them it is. Pretty obvious that for a lot of Bears football recruiting title > football title. They are just that into it and its something that they can actually get involved with and "help".

Bo Darville
06-18-2013, 02:52 PM
Did you remind them that if we win the national championship, that it will be the only consensus national championship that any of the big 3 universities have won in any of the big 3 sports? Their football championships from years ago are not consensus titles.

FlabLoser
06-18-2013, 03:01 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/the-hand.gif

This ridiculousness is going to be followed closely to "the baseball stadium was too big" and "the high seeds got knocked out"

Well....

Scoreboard!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/pleased.gif

TexasDawg
06-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Pretty funny how a few years ago they were saying all that mattered was football and baseball and now they have decided that all that matters is football and basketball. Just whatever is convenient for them. I hope we beat the shit out of them next season.

SaltyDawg
06-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I know of a Ole Miss booster, who along with other boosters, wrote a letter to the AD calling for Bianco's head at the end of this season. Their basketball 'success' will be very short-lived as long as Andy Kennedy is roaming the sidelines.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Bianco needs to go, he is a pathetic excuse of a coach and ole miss is too good for him and they will get the best coach in America to come there for next season because they can do much better.

I'm sure this is the line all of your ole miss acquaintances will use once they piss on the best thing their baseball program has ever seen.

FlabLoser
06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Bianco brought unprecedented success and program expansion. He should stay as long as he wants.

The Croom Diaries
06-18-2013, 03:44 PM
There they were in 2009 pumped for a big season and Ron Polk has left MSU and the program is in shambles. All of the sudden they become big baseball fans. Now State is back and and in just a few short years Cohen has trumped what Bianco has done. So naturally they are going to turn to something they perceive to be ahead in - football recruiting. Of course they also think our football program is about to hit the skids as they rise to the top. We'll see if Freeze can do to Mullen what Cohen did to Bianco. Doubtful.

BruceWayne
06-18-2013, 03:57 PM
What is a spirit anyway? Isn't that a gay fruity drink?

BruceWayne
06-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Btw I'm new to the board fellas. Looking forward to some good sports discussion and debate.

FlabLoser
06-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Welcome, batman.

Gordon Gekko
06-18-2013, 04:16 PM
Another good one is there is a thread on Nafoom claiming Freeze has already passed Mullen by because Phil Steele has them rated higher in his preseason mag.

I guess we shouldn't even play the games this year.

msstate7
06-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Another good one is there is a thread on Nafoom claiming Freeze has already passed Mullen by because Phil Steele has them rated higher in his preseason mag.

I guess we shouldn't even play the games this year.

Gordan on the sports board? Slow day politically?

Gordon Gekko
06-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Gordan on the sports board? Slow day politically?

I follow football more than the other sports but baseball has me sucked in right now. GO DAWGS!

msstate7
06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
I follow football more than the other sports but baseball has me sucked in right now. GO DAWGS!

I think all state fans are baseball crazy at the moment. Glad to have you on the sports board as well as the political. I enjoy reading you keep q straight.

hailmari
06-18-2013, 04:30 PM
The UMiss persona is all about popularity. That campus is a never ending popularity contest. Nothing in college sports can satisfy an egotistical mind more than recruiting.

Raytoraid83
06-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Come on guys they're coming off the greatest 7-6 season in the history of sports. Show them some respect

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
their recruiting class that was 3rd in the SEC West is better than a NC?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-18-2013, 05:34 PM
did ricco sanders sign up?

Edit - the spirit is the ole miss spirit message board

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Bianco brought unprecedented success and program expansion. He should stay as long as he wants.

As long as he is making regionals, they can't fire him.

Plus, he just signed an extension didn't he?

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 05:35 PM
their recruiting class that was 3rd in the SEC West is better than a NC?

Well, obviously. Pass me the Zima.

bobcat91
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Bianco is the UM version of Stansbury. He has taken them as far as he can, he will consistently win games, but the question must be asked will a new hire do better.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Bianco is the UM version of Stansbury. He has taken them as far as he can, he will consistently win games, but the question must be asked will a new hire do better.

Yes he is and he wont ever have the discipline problems Stands had. So they have to wait for him to slip up- which could very well be next year. They likely will not get more than 13-14 SEC wins next year and will likely be on the bubble

Ronny
06-18-2013, 07:23 PM
and a much bigger deal

..This sounds like something written by an 8-year-old child but I guarantee you it was written by a 45-year-old man with 3 children who makes $80K a year.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2013, 08:11 PM
As long as he is making regionals, they can't fire him.

Plus, he just signed an extension didn't he?

Last I heard was that he only had one year left on his deal. That was after they lost the regional so I don't know if he has signed an extension since then. I don't think they would fire if he is making regionals, but who knows with those pricks. They are the ones that fired Cutcliffe after having a down year the season after he lost the number one pick and won the Cotton Bowl.

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Yes he is and he wont ever have the discipline problems Stands had. So they have to wait for him to slip up- which could very well be next year. They likely will not get more than 13-14 SEC wins next year and will likely be on the bubble

A lot depends on if they get Wahl back. If they don't get him back- it could get dicey.

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Last I heard was that he only had one year left on his deal. That was after they lost the regional so I don't know if he has signed an extension since then. I don't think they would fire if he is making regionals, but who knows with those pricks. They are the ones that fired Cutcliffe after having a down year the season after he lost the number one pick and won the Cotton Bowl.

Yeah- they extended him through 2015. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9353486/mississippi-rebels-extend-baseball-coach-mike-bianco-contract-2015

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 09:32 PM

I think they will do like Auburn and throw a ton of money at somebody. Oklahoma didn't seem to try too hard to keep Sunny Galloway though.

PMDawg
06-18-2013, 10:30 PM
and a much bigger deal

Well, shouldn't someone let them know they didnt even win a mythical recruiting title? Sure it was a great haul, but the highest I saw was around 5th. So they failed even at that. By their logic, we are already national champions (can't finish lower than T-3).

Todd4State
06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Well, shouldn't someone let them know they didnt even win a mythical recruiting title? Sure it was a great haul, but the highest I saw was around 5th. So they failed even at that. By their logic, we are already national champions (can't finish lower than T-3).

Actually, their inflated expectations make it even more funny when they go 6-6 with them.

M.Fillmore
06-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Come on guys they're coming off the greatest 7-6 season in the history of sports. Show them some respect

I saved a column from the Oxford Eagle where one of their sports writers opined that the rebs were the best football team and should be awarded the National Title after an 8-4 season.

Coach34
06-19-2013, 09:18 AM
They are Jim Jones kool-aid throughout the fanbase on Freezus. I had one of them tell me on twitter just 2 days ago that Freezus would win a national championship in the next 4 years. And he was dead serious about it.

slickdawg
06-19-2013, 09:52 AM
All this potential of a 2014 signing class versus a team presently playing in the College World Series reminds me of an old joke:

An eight year old son asks his father "what is the difference between Potential and Reality"

His father turns to his wife and asks "would you sleep with the president for one million dollars?"

The wife "of course i would not pass up on that opportunity"

His father turns to his daughter "would you sleep with Brad Pitt for one million dollars?

The daughter replies "Yes I would"

Finally the Father turns to his youngest son and says "You see son, potentially we are living with two millionaires but in
reality we are living with 2 prostitutes"

Spider-Man
06-19-2013, 09:53 AM
and a much bigger deal

Are you serious? Could you provide a link?

fishwater99
06-19-2013, 10:00 AM
They are Jim Jones kool-aid throughout the fanbase on Freezus. I had one of them tell me on twitter just 2 days ago that Freezus would win a national championship in the next 4 years. And he was dead serious about it.

I believe it, they are so delusional about their football team. Fins Up...

I can't wait to see them go 6-6 with a loss in Starkville.(A must win for Mullen, imo).

Coach34
06-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Are you serious? Could you provide a link?

a guy on Sixpack had some posts copied and listed- they have a thread on it. I couldnt link you to the Spirit if I tried

Coach34
06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
I believe it, they are so delusional about their football team. Fins Up...

I can't wait to see them go 6-6 with a loss in Starkville.(A must win for Mullen, imo).

I think both us and them end up 7-5

Vandownbytheriver
06-19-2013, 03:34 PM
I had one tell me on the Square last night that baseball is a sport no one gives a shit about and turn around in the next sentence to tell me they just won the pole vaulting national championship. Went like this.

Guy sees my State polo I'm wearing-Why the hell are you wearing that shit?
Me-I'm a State fan.
Guy-They actually have those? They can't win shit in any sport.
Me-We are 1 win away from playing for a national title.
Guy-In a sport no one gives a shit about.
Me-At least we are playing for something other than mythical national titles.
Guy-Well, we just won the pole vaulting title, so **** you.
Me-Well you sure showed me didn't you?

Then the bartender there cussed me out. Was a pleasant little evening.

Coach34
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
yep- it's eating them up. If we pull off a national title- Bianco's life will be ****ing miserable, they will make sure of it