PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas/Texas

engie
12-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Should be interesting. On the surface, Arky should wax them...

Bert's "horns down" blowing up gave a whole bunch of bulletin board material to a guy that coaches on pride alot though. That was really, really dumb on his part IMO. We'll see if Texas can make him pay or not...

Tbone
12-29-2014, 07:11 PM
The Texas QB has not been impressive whatsoever.
Arkansas loses bowl games.
So something is gonna give. I think Arkansas scores a bunch in this one.

ScoobaDawg
12-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Horrible offense , good defense vs Decent Offense , good defense.

I'll take Bret and the Hogs. and I think its more than 2 tds

missouridawg
12-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Horrible offense , good defense vs Decent Offense , good defense.

I'll take Bret and the Hogs. and I think its more than 2 tds

I would give the Hogs' offense a little more credit than that. They have a pretty solid rushing attack.

IMissJack
12-29-2014, 08:41 PM
The Arkansas vs. Texas "rivalry" is somewhat like the OM vs. LSU "rivalry". They did have some great games in the old days, but TX leads the series 56-21.

ScoobaDawg
12-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Thats interesting...im watching the longhorn network pregame and had it paused while i went to get food..i came back and they are talking about this being swoopes last game as a starter. They only have jerrod herd to compete with.

Then... the sideline reporter goes on to say they have a verbal commit from Zach gentry from New Mexico, she even goes further to say he was not a december entry so he wont be there in the spring.

Uhmmm, is that not a NCAA violation since the Longhorn Network is an official part of the university? So can the longhorn network pimp out recruits now???
If they have been doing this and ive never noticed (which i dont watch it much...) than thats interesting..

Maroonthirteen
12-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Bert is a reflection of that fan base. Arkansas is such an insular state (like Texas) that they really don't know how to conduct themselves around people of different opinions.

DudyDawg
12-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Not great teams, but I think it'll be a good game. Gonna be some serious hitting.

engie
12-29-2014, 09:24 PM
They can talk about him if he's signed a financial aid agreement, which binds the school to him but not him to the school. You'll see this exploited more and more going forward as a recruiting tool until the loophole closes imo...

ScoobaDawg
12-29-2014, 09:29 PM
They can talk about him if he's signed a financial aid agreement, which binds the school to him but not him to the school. You'll see this exploited more and more going forward as a recruiting tool until the loophole closes imo...

She made it pretty clear he was ONLY a verbal commit and NOT part of the early december grads. Here is his 247 page http://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Gentry-30305
They did just talk about a LB who announced and will enroll in the spring, so thats along the lines of what you mentioned.

engie
12-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Guys can sign financial aid agreements prettymuch whenever they want I beliebe

ScoobaDawg
12-29-2014, 10:12 PM
well....thats gonna be about game. Texas cant score 2 td's i dont think and they sure can't get out of their own way.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-29-2014, 10:47 PM
24-7 Arky at the half. Fumble recovery in the end zone for Ark.

IMissJack
12-30-2014, 12:21 AM
Bert is a reflection of that fan base. Arkansas is such an insular state (like Texas) that they really don't know how to conduct themselves around people of different opinions.

I really can't believe you just compared Texas and Arkansas for being insular (and I have lived in both States for multiple years). Texas has 4 of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the country, and with some of the most diverse cultures around. Between Dallas/Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston, it accounts for about 13million of 20million people. Arkansas is much more like TN, MS, or AL than Texas.