PDA

View Full Version : Sumlin

msstate7
12-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Does he have any control over his team? 4 personal fouls in the first half.

msstate7
12-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Mod please merge this into other thread. Didn't see it

DownwardDawg
12-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Average coach that a lot of people touted to be better than Saban.

IMissJack
12-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Does he have any control over his team? 4 personal fouls in the first half.

The coach that Case Keenum and Johnny Manziel built. He is a good recruiter though and his offense will be potent the next few years.

msstate7
12-29-2014, 03:56 PM
The coach that Case Keenum and Johnny Manziel built. He is a good recruiter though and his offense will be potent the next few years.

Very good recruiter.

I have doubts aTm will ever win sec under him though. I think Texas is about to pass them for good with strong at HC

Johnson85
12-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Average coach that a lot of people touted to be better than Saban.

I think he's much better than average. He may still be below average in the SEC West, but he's still good. He will have more Case Keenum type players come through and in those years, they will be dangerous in every game even if defense keeps them from winning an SEC title.

IMissJack
12-29-2014, 04:58 PM
I think he's much better than average. He may still be below average in the SEC West, but he's still good. He will have more Case Keenum type players come through and in those years, they will be dangerous in every game even if defense keeps them from winning an SEC title.

The problem is that A&M has spent $400-$500M on renovating their stadium. Manziel opened up the money spout at A&M, and finishing 3rd or 4th in the West is not going to keep them happy. But, until they get a good D, likely where they will finish.

bluelightstar
12-29-2014, 05:00 PM

He's a really good offensive head coach who was always able to win in spite of having a poor defense. That FINALLY caught up to him this year, and now it appears Sumlin learned you have to be able to play at least some defense in the SEC.