PDA

View Full Version : Nfl coaching jobs open

msstate7
12-29-2014, 12:53 PM
49ers, jets, bears, and falcons.

Will any sec coaches be interviewed for one of these?

quickstrike2
12-29-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't know about SEC coaches, but the Bears and Falcons jobs should gain quite the attention. Both having capable quarterbacks and teams with offensive weapons, I would think both would be attractive to anyone.

Dallas_Dawg
12-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Mullenz to 49ers***

MetEdDawg
12-29-2014, 01:18 PM
If I'm the Jets, the first call I make is to Gus Malzahn. Geno Smith isn't an elite QB, but he could be good enough to win in a Malzahn system where he can use his athleticism more than his arm. Chip Kelly has shown this style offense can work even with QBs like Foles and Sanchez. I think Malzahn could do the same for the Jets.

Same for the 49ers. Kaepernick is perfect for Malzahn's system and they have the personnel to win right now in my opinion.

Other than that, I don't see any other SEC coaches being considered for NFL jobs.

mcain31
12-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Don't forget about the Raiders job

Political Hack
12-29-2014, 01:44 PM
Freeze could go try to win a real February championship.

quickstrike2
12-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Don't forget about the Raiders job

I can't see them luring anybody of note.

Bama_Dawg
12-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Got a feeling the DC job for the Saints will be open soon.

KB21
12-29-2014, 09:46 PM
NFL teams are high on Kevin Sumlin for some reason. It must be because it looks like he and Mike Tomlin were separated at birth, and they think he's another Tomlin. IMO, Sumlin is a great offensive coach that doesn't have a clue as to how to field a strong defense. I'd pass on him as an NFL coach.

Malzahn and Mullen seem more like college types to me. Les Miles was an assistant in the NFL at one time. I could see him making the jump now that the Michigan job has been taken, and the fact that he is catching some heat at LSU. I also still think Nick Saban will get that itch again at some point to prove that he can do it at the NFL level.