PDA

View Full Version : Anything to be gleaned from LSU's DC not signing extension.

MabenMaroon
12-29-2014, 07:13 AM
Current extension doesn't expire until March, but he hasn't signed yet and Lester won't comment about it. Reported 3 years @ 4+ million.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/12/five_lsu_assistant_football_co.html

Dawgowar
12-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Current extension doesn't expire until March, but he hasn't signed yet and Lester won't comment about it. Reported 3 years @ 4+ million.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/12/five_lsu_assistant_football_co.html

Yeah, he and O will be coming to Starkville to work for Ron Cooper. Exciting times eh?

Sorry, will add that his agent is talking with A&M, so this could be to leverage more $$$$ and maybe get to a school with an offense.

MabenMaroon
12-29-2014, 07:27 AM
Wasn't thinking about Chavis to MSU, was asking why would he hold out? Seems like his defense was sub-par even with all of the losses from the prior year. Didn't seem like he did all that much of a bang up job with what he had. SEC schools piled up a lot of yards and points against them this year. I would jump all over an extension and not look back, hoping folks don't take a deeper look before I do. ( this coming from someone who would jump all over a 4 year for 350 k )

Dawgowar
12-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Wasn't thinking about Chavis to MSU, was asking why would he hold out? Seems like his defense was sub-par even with all of the losses from the prior year. Didn't seem like he did all that much of a bang up job with what he had. SEC schools piled up a lot of yards and points against them this year. I would jump all over an extension and not look back, hoping folks don't take a deeper look before I do. ( this coming from someone who would jump all over a 4 year for 350 k )

A&M knows he out schemed Sumlin and JFF. They want him. Les knows if he loses him he is screwed. This is a bidding war. And I was kidding about him coming to us. Not that I would mind it if it happened. Probably too early for sarcasm.

msstate7
12-29-2014, 07:52 AM

Didn't start the greatest, but here's lsu's final sec rankings...

Total defense - #1
Scoring defense - #2

You're a tough man to please

bluelightstar
12-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Didn't start the greatest, but here's lsu's final sec rankings...

Total defense - #1
Scoring defense - #2

You're a tough man to please

A lot of people assume LSU's defense was bad all year, because their two introductory primetime league games were eviscerations by State and Auburn.

Political Hack
12-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Chavis is well known as one of the best defensive minds alive. He can name his price and go where he wants as a DC.