PDA

View Full Version : David Cutcliffe coached a hell of game today....

HoopsDawg
12-27-2014, 06:33 PM
5 for 5 on 4th downs. Beautiful fake punt. He went for it when a lot of chicken shit coaches would have punted. He went for the TD when most coaches would have kicked the FG. He called a great game offensively. Duke had no business going for 10 wins today. And they had no business almost beating ASU and all of those Jucos like Jaelon Strong.

It's still funny to me that Ole Miss and Pete Boone ran him off all those year ago. Think on all that money they wasted on Coach O and Houston Nutt and all those terrible season they cost themselves.

Tbone
12-27-2014, 06:52 PM
Their talking point is that Cut was lazy and couldn't recruit. They are all in on the Rev though.

Drugdog
12-27-2014, 06:58 PM
I find it real easy to pull for Duke in Football. Still to me a great story.

drunkernhelldawg
12-27-2014, 07:31 PM
I agree. Program transformation.

quickstrike2
12-27-2014, 07:40 PM
He threw the kitchen sink at them today, and it worked every time and well executed. It was impressive.

archdog
12-27-2014, 10:00 PM
If his qb could have functioned they would have won that game by 14. He started out ice cold.

hells bells
12-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Cutcliffe is a class act and reflects on his teams efforts to want to win.

DownwardDawg
12-27-2014, 10:26 PM
I still laugh at them for firing him. I remember exactly where I was at and what I was doing when I read it on the espn ticker. Think of how good ole miss could have been all these years.

KB21
12-28-2014, 11:26 AM
You have to wonder if Tennessee ever regrets not getting him back. They could have avoided the Lane Kiffin/Derek Dooley mess.

Mutt the Hoople
12-29-2014, 07:49 AM
I don't think he would've succeeded at Tennessee or Ole Miss. At Duke, he knows he's second-fiddle to basketball and all he has to do is go bowling every year.

He knows that he can sell the program to players whose parents like the idea of their kid leaving school with a $300,000 education and all the business connections that brings.

At Tennessee and Ole Miss, he'd be recruiting meat heads whose connection to the university ended with their eligibility, and whose fan bases are unreasonable and unrealistic (and, in the case of Ole Miss, Genetically inferior).

Johnson85
12-29-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't think he would've succeeded at Tennessee or Ole Miss. At Duke, he knows he's second-fiddle to basketball and all he has to do is go bowling every year.

He knows that he can sell the program to players whose parents like the idea of their kid leaving school with a $300,000 education and all the business connections that brings.

At Tennessee and Ole Miss, he'd be recruiting meat heads whose connection to the university ended with their eligibility, and whose fan bases are unreasonable and unrealistic (and, in the case of Ole Miss, Genetically inferior).

I don't know about at UT, but he wasn't going to be successful long term at UM. The players at UM didn't respect him and most charitably his recruiting philosophy was incompatible with the recruiting apparatus already in place at UM. Maybe if the university and boosters would have trusted him he could have recruited similar players to those he has now (I'm skeptical) but even then, his ceiling would probably be 7-8 wins in the SEC West barring another once in a generation talent like Eli coming through at QB.