PDA

View Full Version : We can relax now, Harbaugh to Michigan

MabenMaroon
12-27-2014, 06:00 PM
SI is reporting that he is preparing to accept the offer http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/27/jim-harbaugh-michigan-offer
Now just gotta keep our fingers crossed that CDM doesn't jump to be his OC***

mstatefan91
12-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Don't be surprised if someone starts a rumor like that

engie
12-27-2014, 06:14 PM
We were actually worrying about that?

mstatefan91
12-27-2014, 06:15 PM
We were actually worrying about that?

The worry warts were, but as a whole, no one was really worried.

Drugdog
12-27-2014, 06:19 PM
I love it. Give TOSU some competition because they sure don't have any now.

msstate7
12-27-2014, 06:23 PM
I love it. Give TOSU some competition because they sure don't have any now.

If harbaugh does end up there, I think the big10 is on the verge of having 3 national powers: Ohio state, Michigan, and penn state. Love all 3's decisions of HC's. The big 10 will be the 2nd best conference soon

DudyDawg
12-27-2014, 06:31 PM
If harbaugh does end up there, I think the big10 is on the verge of having 3 national powers: Ohio state, Michigan, and penn state. Love all 3's decisions of HC's. The big 10 will be the 2nd best conference soon

I disagree. Not enough athletes. Harder to recruit than it ever had been. They will never pass the pac or big 12 IMO.

Dawgowar
12-27-2014, 06:37 PM
I disagree. Not enough athletes. Harder to recruit than it ever had been. They will never pass the pac or big 12 IMO.

However, all three of those powers have very loyal and very talented backyards. All the Big Ten used to have was Michigan and Ohio State plus the other 8 weaklings. Now you add PSU and their national media following, it won't take much to push them over to a top two conference.

msstate7
12-27-2014, 06:44 PM

Ohio state has a ton of athletes. Since meyer got there, their recruiting classes haven't ranked outside the top 5.

Penn state is top 10 in recruiting this year. Just think what Franklin did in the sec with classes nowhere near that level. Franklin is gonna be hell in the big 10 soon.

Harbaugh likes to play physical downhill football and the northeast doesn't lack for big, strong olinemen. Harbaugh will recruit nationally and win big time imo. The guy can flat out coach

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-27-2014, 06:52 PM
SI is reporting that he is preparing to accept the offer http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/27/jim-harbaugh-michigan-offer
Now just gotta keep our fingers crossed that CDM doesn't jump to be his OC***

Mullen to San Fransicko!**

DudyDawg
12-27-2014, 06:58 PM
However, all three of those powers have very loyal and very talented backyards. All the Big Ten used to have was Michigan and Ohio State plus the other 8 weaklings. Now you add PSU and their national media following, it won't take much to push them over to a top two conference.

Texas and OU have those loyal backyards too. Their backyards are filled w five stars. Michigan, Pennsylvania etc aren't. I think the big ten will get better (can't get much worse) but It will not have the depth to pass the big 12 and pac. At the top, yes, they will be able to compete. But the middle and bottom teams are God awful. They lack the Kansas states, the Arizona schools, and other middle tier to upper teams to provide depth

msstate7
12-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Texas and OU have those loyal backyards too. Their backyards are filled w five stars. Michigan, Pennsylvania etc aren't. I think the big ten will get better (can't get much worse) but It will not have the depth to pass the big 12 and pac. At the top, yes, they will be able to compete. But the middle and bottom teams are God awful. They lack the Kansas states, the Arizona schools, and other middle tier to upper teams to provide depth

I cant argue that the big 10 will be deep, but the big10 east (Michigan, Michigan st, Ohio st, penn state, Maryland, Rutgers, and Indiana) will be a tough, tough division.

Todd4State
12-27-2014, 07:05 PM

The Big 10 is a relic conference and Notre Dame is also a relic. I think Notre Dame is the only school in the North that has even a hope of being elite- and that's ONLY if they can clean out the top players in the South. And that's not going to happen.

msstate7
12-27-2014, 07:07 PM
The Big 10 is a relic conference and Notre Dame is also a relic. I think Notre Dame is the only school in the North that has even a hope of being elite- and that's ONLY if they can clean out the top players in the South. And that's not going to happen.

Uhhh... Ohio state. Urban meyer. Great classes every year

DudyDawg
12-27-2014, 07:09 PM
I cant argue that the big 10 will be deep, but the big10 east (Michigan, Michigan st, Ohio st, penn state, Maryland, Rutgers, and Indiana) will be a tough, tough division.

Currently, that is one elite team, one very solid one, two very average ones, and three poor ones. That doesn't scream tough to me. Would any team in the west not immediately be the third best team at worst in that division? The big ten is dead, just as Todd said, as a whole. Like notre dame. You just don't have to go up there to get on TV as a player or get paid as a coach like you used to

msstate7
12-27-2014, 07:10 PM
I love the sec and there's no doubt it's the best conference. That said I don't think it will always be that way. There will come a time when the sec declines and another conference takes its place

Dawgowar
12-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Mullen to San Fransicko!**

Only because Freeze turned them down.

msstate7
12-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Currently, that is one elite team, one very solid one, two very average ones, and three poor ones. That doesn't scream tough to me. Would any team in the west not immediately be the third best team at worst in that division? The big ten is dead, just as Todd said, as a whole. Like notre dame. You just don't have to go up there to get on TV as a player or get paid as a coach like you used to

So how do you think Franklin won at vandy when no one has before? He won bc he's a great coach. He won in the best conference. You don't think he'll win in a lesser one?

Michigan state won the rose bowl last year and they're in the cotton this year. Dantonio is a great coach

Jim harbaugh won big at Stanford against the likes of good usc and Oregon teams. Why do you think he won't be successful at Michigan?

DudyDawg
12-27-2014, 07:15 PM
I love the sec and there's no doubt it's the best conference. That said I don't think it will always be that way. There will come a time when the sec declines and another conference takes its place

I agree that the SEC won't be the best conference in football for the rest of our lives, but it will not be the big that replaces it

Dawgcentral
12-27-2014, 07:19 PM

Things always seem to change. It's just a matter of time. Hard to when when the SEC will decline, but I can't say I see it happening anytime soon. The basics prevail down south. Little or no competition with pro football. Passion for college football that's unmatched. And financial resources that are ever expanding. A decline could happen, but sustained success looks to be in the South East.

msstate7
12-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Things always seem to change. It's just a matter of time. Hard to when when the SEC will decline, but I can't say I see it happening anytime soon. The basics prevail down south. Little or no competition with pro football. Passion for college football that's unmatched. And financial resources that are ever expanding. A decline could happen, but sustained success looks to be in the South East.

If you look at the sec this year, half of it (east) fell off big time this year. If the sec wants to hold its place as king, the east must step back up

Dawgowar
12-27-2014, 07:24 PM
The Big Ten and Notre Dame sewed the seeds of their own decline. The Big Ten's old arrogance that the Rose Bowl settled everything while locking it up with two conferences only treated us to classics where a 11-0 or 10-1 team from one of the conferences playing a 9-2, 8-3, even 7-4 team from the other. The games sucked but they held that moniker "The Granddaddy of them all!" and the winner got rated a shit load higher than they should. The media treated that as automatic and f-you southerners if you did not like it. The old school print media and network sports guys treated the Big Ten like they did when people wore Beaver Skin coats and flannel hats to the games. It was nauseating.

Notre Dame could win by getting all the great athletes in an era where they were playing broad nationally appealing schedules but loaded up with overrated midwest talents. They added their rivals and got up for those games. You could not get a call against them at home. Ever. Their strength was their national hype of being a collegiate version of America's Team and playing their best games when it counted. I hated them. Then they cut their own TV deal and brought a world of greed right down on top of them when conferences blew their doors off with a better product. Add to that they won't alter their academic standards and they are about as good as they can get right now.

Every gyration of college football post-season was done to protect the damn Rose Bowl. BCS, we got that because those bastards did not want to lose their beloved conference tie-ins. Screw the country, they had to have their match up in the name of tradition. No, your traditions did not matter, but you will bow to the Rose Bowl. We could have gone to this format or better ten-fifteen years ago.

Truly, F the Big Ten. I respect Meyers and to some extent OSU, but they are getting what they deserve.

engie
12-27-2014, 08:56 PM
So how do you think Franklin won at vandy when no one has before?
1) Tennessee and Ole Miss in shambles. This allowed them to recruit their own state better than they had before.
2) The SECEast being historically weak. This allowed them to win games they wouldn't in normal years. What is the chances of catching Georgia, Tennessee, and Florida all "down" at the same time?
3) Lucky SECWest schedules to coincide with this.

What Franklin did was amazing there. No doubt. But he also realized it was a perfect storm that wouldn't continue. He got out just as OM and Tennessee were getting their crap together, which would basically squash Vandy by proxy. He went to 3 straight bowls. In the first, he beat one bowl team overall(Wake Forest). In the second, he beat one bowl team (7-6 OM) prior to winning the bowl game over NCState in Nashville. In the third, he beat one bowl team (8-5 Georgia) prior to beating Houston in Birmingham. Basically the same build structure as Mullen, with a much smaller hill to climb to actually start winning big...

Time will tell if he's actually elite at Penn St... But putting him in the same category as Meyer, Harbaugh, or Dantonio is really premature at this point. Let's let him actually win something of value first. As we found with Mullen, it's alot easier to get out of the basement than it is to actually get to the top of the mountain...

engie
12-27-2014, 09:00 PM
The Big Ten and Notre Dame sewed the seeds of their own decline. The Big Ten's old arrogance that the Rose Bowl settled everything while locking it up with two conferences only treated us to classics where a 11-0 or 10-1 team from one of the conferences playing a 9-2, 8-3, even 7-4 team from the other. The games sucked but they held that moniker "The Granddaddy of them all!" and the winner got rated a shit load higher than they should. The media treated that as automatic and f-you southerners if you did not like it. The old school print media and network sports guys treated the Big Ten like they did when people wore Beaver Skin coats and flannel hats to the games. It was nauseating.

Notre Dame could win by getting all the great athletes in an era where they were playing broad nationally appealing schedules but loaded up with overrated midwest talents. They added their rivals and got up for those games. You could not get a call against them at home. Ever. Their strength was their national hype of being a collegiate version of America's Team and playing their best games when it counted. I hated them. Then they cut their own TV deal and brought a world of greed right down on top of them when conferences blew their doors off with a better product. Add to that they won't alter their academic standards and they are about as good as they can get right now.

Every gyration of college football post-season was done to protect the damn Rose Bowl. BCS, we got that because those bastards did not want to lose their beloved conference tie-ins. Screw the country, they had to have their match up in the name of tradition. No, your traditions did not matter, but you will bow to the Rose Bowl. We could have gone to this format or better ten-fifteen years ago.

Truly, F the Big Ten. I respect Meyers and to some extent OSU, but they are getting what they deserve.

Great post.

I think it's funny that they gave a big F you to the college football world with the new $80mil Rose Bowl deal, thus beginning "tie ins" in the new elite bowls that should have gone away IMO. And ESPN/SEC/Big12 game them a big F you back by making the Sugar worth the same $$, and virtually establishing equal status for it going forward.

Dawgowar
12-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Great post.

virtually establishing equal status for it going forward.

But no matter what they do, they will never have the weather and usually not the same caliber of women.

Dawg61
12-27-2014, 10:23 PM
But no matter what they do, they will never have the weather and usually not the same caliber of women.

And this is the reason the B1G won't ever catch the South. When most of the future NFL players are from the South they will continue to go to the SEC and ACC. Great coaching only goes so far when it faces NFL players.

msstate7
12-27-2014, 10:45 PM
And this is the reason the B1G won't ever catch the South. When most of the future NFL players are from the South they will continue to go to the SEC and ACC. Great coaching only goes so far when it faces NFL players.

What kicked off this great era of sec football? Imo it was 2 coaches -- saban and meyer.

Saban has won 4 in '03, '09, '11, and '12

Meyer won 2 in '06 and '08

Miles won one with a team that saban set in motion in '07

Auburn won 1 with a player that meyer kicked off his team

All 8 titles can be contributed directly or indirectly to saban and Meyer.

Meyer is now at Ohio state. Harbaugh can be that type of coach. Never underestimate the influence of great coaches.

The sec has always had the best athletes, but the sec wins titles when it has the best coaches imo

Coach34
12-27-2014, 11:13 PM

Ohio has quality HS football- alot of other Big Ten states cant say that

Coach34
12-27-2014, 11:18 PM
People forget history- alot of black athletes used to leave the South in the 50's-80's- that doesnt happen anymore. And with that- you have seen a decline in the Big Ten

Political Hack
12-27-2014, 11:44 PM
was never going to happen regardless.

TUSK
12-28-2014, 03:03 AM
What kicked off this great era of sec football? Imo it was 2 coaches -- saban and meyer.

Saban has won 4 in '03, '09, '11, and '12

Meyer won 2 in '06 and '08

Miles won one with a team that saban set in motion in '07

Auburn won 1 with a player that meyer kicked off his team

All 8 titles can be contributed directly or indirectly to saban and Meyer.

Meyer is now at Ohio state. Harbaugh can be that type of coach. Never underestimate the influence of great coaches.

The sec has always had the best athletes, but the sec wins titles when it has the best coaches imo

one of these made the other have a heart attack & quit...

Todd4State
12-28-2014, 03:38 AM

And about to get their ass kicked in by Alabama.

Todd4State
12-28-2014, 04:01 AM

I don't think this will happen at all. Three of the big four football talent producing states are in SEC territory- Florida, Texas, and Georgia. Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Tennessee all produce a good bit of talent relative to each state's size. We have the football culture that the other conferences simply do not have. Our fans pump more money into our football programs and facilities and coaching than any of the other conferences. And then you throw in the Mississippi and Texas JUCO leagues. If the Big 10 starts to make a move, what will happen is the SEC will just simply take it up another notch. This is just how the football culture has changed over the years. As soon as the SEC started to integrate, it killed just about every other conference.

Here's your realistic national championship contenders going forward:

ACC- Florida State/Miami
Big 10- No one
Notre Dame- LOL
PAC 12- USCw (maybe UCLA
Big 12- Texas
SEC- Everyone except for Vanderbilt and maybe Kentucky.

Even Oklahoma is hanging on by a thread right now. Good luck to Nebraska trying to beat SEC teams with their walk-on tradition. Oregon is doing as well as they could possibly ever hope for and that's only because of Nike backing their program along with really good management. Ohio State- yeah, OK but they're benefitting big time from Michigan and Penn State being train wrecks. Once those two get back to being respectable for the Big 10, they're going to start to split Ohio State's talent up some. Notre Dame's only hope is to hire Ed Orgeron as recruiting coordinator so that they can get elite talent from California and the South.

But from my little chart above or whatever you want to call it- every other conference has a NC contender except for the Big 10. Literally the only thing that they have going for them is the media. Ohio State has a ton of people in sports media that analyze football for some reason.

You won't see a conference that will knock off the SEC as a conference in the foreseeable future. You will see some teams like Florida State last year that may be able to knock out whomever wins the SEC- but that doesn't mean that the ACC is better. All it really means is that there are about 18 teams in the country that have a realistic shot at winning a NC.

Todd4State
12-28-2014, 04:07 AM

I'm disappointed in you. You mean one of them made the others ASS quit.

SallyStansbury
12-28-2014, 07:46 AM

Always love to end discussions with my tOSU buddies with these comments. I always try to work in comments about their nasty ass, fat women wearing sweatshirts.....

msstate7
12-28-2014, 08:01 AM
And about to get their ass kicked in by Alabama.

Yeah probably so.

I still don't get how you say Ohio state has no shot at competing for titles when theyre in the playoff this year. Ohio state losing to Michigan state (a really good team) in big10 championship kept them out of title game last year.

Ohio state is consistently recruiting in the top 5 nationally. Ohio has excellent HS football talent and the Buckeyes get their pick. Urban has cherry picked in Georgia, florida, and Texas too. Talent and athletes aren't issues at ohio state. Ohio state will be a playoff contender every year now as long as meyer is there.

msstate7
12-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Lost in the thread is how stupid the 49ers are for letting harbaugh get away. They were garbage before he got there and to garbage they'll return.

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 08:22 AM

Meyer was fired for refusing to change his offense and his OC. he didn't quit.

msstate7
12-28-2014, 08:26 AM

Then foley or whoever should be fired. Whoever made that decision is looking great. Meyer has gotten Ohio state back to national prominence and Florida has been garbage

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Lost in the thread is how stupid the 49ers are for letting harbaugh get away. They were garbage before he got there and to garbage they'll return.

when your GM pays a flash in the pan QB franchise money it's hard to recover from that. Kap is just like every other run/pass threat option in the NFL, it eventually catches up with him. You have to be a passer who can run. Not the other way around. RGIII? Done. Cam? Fading. Kap? Busting. Tebow. Anchor. Vince Young. Busted. So on and so forth.

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Then foley or whoever should be fired. Whoever made that decision is looking great. Meyer has gotten Ohio state back to national prominence and Florida has been garbage

I agree. I've always thought Florida would continue to under perform so long as Foley is at the helm. My understanding is that he let the bull gators force him into that decision because they had a pro style QB at the time. So incredibly short sided.

Mutt the Hoople
12-28-2014, 09:55 AM
People forget history- alot of black athletes used to leave the South in the 50's-80's- that doesnt happen anymore. And with that- you have seen a decline in the Big Ten

Tyrone Willingham was a teammate of my brothers at Jacksonville High (N.C.). He and Charlie Baggett, a hotshot QB from Fayetteville E.E. Smith went to Michigan State, where both made all-Big 10.

These guys would've gotten a scholly to an ACC school if they were coming out today.

archdog
12-28-2014, 10:42 AM
I was hoping he would come and be our dc**

KB21
12-28-2014, 11:24 AM
That 49ers team he took over was coached by one of the league's worst coaches of all time in Mike Singletary. It was a team that was friggin loaded with talent though. I'm not convinced that Harbaugh did anything special with the 49ers other than get that job right at the time young, elite talents like Navarro Bowman, Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, and Patrick Willis started maturing and hitting their prime. I think overall, fans give too much credit to coaches at the professional level and the college level to a certain extent. I think coaches have a little more control over things in college than they do the pros.

At Stanford, Harbaugh built your typical Big 10 team. They were a big, physical, power running football that played tough defense. They were able to win in the Pac 10. That's not how you build a team to beat an SEC school. Urban Meyer is trying to build an SEC team in the Big 10 at Ohio State. An SEC team has both power and speed. SEC teams aren't an Oregon team that is built around speed by has no power nor are they a Stanford that is all power but no speed.

I seen it dawg
12-28-2014, 11:25 AM
I bet harbaugh turns them down and things get real interesting over the next week

msstate7
12-28-2014, 11:32 AM
I bet harbaugh turns them down and things get real interesting over the next week

I hope not for 2 reasons:

1. Harbaugh to Michigan would be good for college football. I'd actually like the big10 to step up their game and get their powers playing well again.

2. I don't want Michigan AD in desperation. Who knows what he might offer mullen if harbaugh and others turn them down?

Smitty
12-28-2014, 11:35 AM
I want the Big Ten to drop... Better for our chances at the 4 seed

msstate7
12-28-2014, 11:38 AM
I want the Big Ten to drop... Better for our chances at the 4 seed

If we wanna get in the 4-team playoff, we better win the sec. Until it goes to 8 teams, I don't see two from one conference unless two of the big 5 conferences have 2-loss champions

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 11:52 AM

I can't see them waiting this long for an NFL guy unless they know for certain it's a done deal.

engie
12-28-2014, 12:56 PM
It would take an awful lot to turn down the richest coaching contract in the history of football...and maybe of sports in general...

NCDawg
12-28-2014, 01:09 PM
If we wanna get in the 4-team playoff, we better win the sec. Until it goes to 8 teams, I don't see two from one conference unless two of the big 5 conferences have 2-loss champions

We're not going to win the SEC unless we play with more emotion than we played against Ole Miss. It seemed to me they didn't want to be there playing. After re-watching the game, our LB play was pathetic, especially the right side LB. That's why I hope we can get somebody like Orgeron. I don't believe they would play that lethargic under him.

Coach34
12-28-2014, 01:35 PM

exactly- Meyer was still paid by Fla after he left. You dont do that to someone who quits working at your school.

msstate7
12-28-2014, 01:43 PM
exactly- Meyer was still paid by Fla after he left. You dont do that to someone who quits working at your school.
Firing urban meyer will go down as the dumbest move in Florida history. I haven't seen one coach one game at florida, but I can tell you right now... Meyer >>>>>>> McElwain

dawgoneyall
12-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Not Tennessee

IMissJack
12-28-2014, 09:22 PM

Let me see how OSU does against Bama before I say how great they are. I will be surprised if they play them closer than we did at Tuscaloosa.

msstate7
12-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Let me see how OSU does against Bama before I say how great they are. I will be surprised if they play them closer than we did at Tuscaloosa.

Just getting there is a testament to their team after losing 2 really, really good qb's. I think bama wins

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-28-2014, 09:40 PM
when your GM pays a flash in the pan QB franchise money it's hard to recover from that. Kap is just like every other run/pass threat option in the NFL, it eventually catches up with him. You have to be a passer who can run. Not the other way around. RGIII? Done. Cam? Fading. Kap? Busting. Tebow. Anchor. Vince Young. Busted. So on and so forth.

Russell Wilson says, "I'm still here."

msstate7
12-28-2014, 09:44 PM

Cam got it rolling right now too

I seen it dawg
12-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Played in pro style offenses. No spreads.

I seen it dawg
12-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Cam got it rolling right now too

Yep. Against the dregs of the league.

War Machine Dawg
12-28-2014, 09:54 PM

And you could make a "SKRONG" argument that Cam "fading" is mostly a result of Carolina having one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL and a shitty running game. If Carolina fixes the OL and would get him a RB that isn't past his prime to take the pressure off him, he'll be just fine.

It should also be noted his perceived fade this year wasn't that much of a drop-off from last year's numbers.
Cam 2013: 16 games played - 292/473 Comp/Att, 61.7% Completions, 3,379 Yards, 7.14 YPC, 24 TD, 13 INT, 56.2 QBR
Cam 2014: 13 games played - 252/432 Comp/Att, 58.3% Completions, 3,013 Yards, 6.98 YPC, 17 TD, 12 INT, 54.6 QBR

Basically, he had about the same numbers as last season had he not missed 3 games. The difference is his supporting cast. Carolina also got rid of literally every WR who caught a pass in 2013, so Cam was working with an entirely new group, which could attribute to some of the "drop" in his numbers.

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 09:58 PM

he is not a run first QB. He's a legit NFL caliber QB from behind the LOS.

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Cam is 21st in QBR this season.

The top 10: Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, & Rivers. See a trend of who's there and who's not?

engie
12-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Cam is 21st in QBR this season.

The top 10: Romo, Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Flacco, & Rivers. See a trend of who's there and who's not?

QBR is a pass-only statistic. Of course the guys that can't run are going to be at the top of that list. Otherwise, they would have no value to being in the league at all.

QBR also says that Dak Prescott is a worse QB than Mariotta, Barrett, Doughty, Kessler, Grayson, Terrell, Sims, Waters, Hedrick, Cato, Hundley, Petty, Mason, and Cook...

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 10:59 PM
QBR is a pass-only statistic. Of course the guys that can't run are going to be at the top of that list. Otherwise, they would have no value to being in the league at all.

QBR also says that Dak Prescott is a worse QB than Mariotta, Barrett, Doughty, Kessler, Grayson, Terrell, Sims, Waters, Hedrick, Cato, Hundley, Petty, Mason, and Cook...

run, scrambling and sacks are figured in. I was wrong on his ranking though. it's 16th, which is almost top half of the league. That's not terrible. It's just not #1 pick type results, but that could improve as his supporting cast gets better too.

I seen it dawg
12-29-2014, 10:46 AM

Or not....

engie
12-29-2014, 11:39 AM
run, scrambling and sacks are figured in. I was wrong on his ranking though. it's 16th, which is almost top half of the league. That's not terrible. It's just not #1 pick type results, but that could improve as his supporting cast gets better too.

That's totalQBR, different from QBR, and IMO a much better/more telling stat...

Kaepernik was 6th in total QBR last year...

Political Hack
12-29-2014, 12:37 PM
That's totalQBR, different from QBR, and IMO a much better/more telling stat...

Kaepernik was 6th in total QBR last year...

ok. total QBR, which would seemingly be a more comprehensive assessment. Kap was a flash in the pan. Cam has the tools to be a pocket passer, but I'm not sure hell ever truly develop the mental aspect of the game and his touch passes well enough to ever be the elite QB he was picked to be.