PDA

View Full Version : Real Time RPI We are 215 in Basketball

Goat from MSU
12-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Question will we crack the top 100 this season? The next 3 games could moved us toward it . What do you think?

nsvltndog
12-27-2014, 05:22 PM
I don't see it happening

engie
12-27-2014, 05:50 PM
warrennolan.com

Updates RPI in real time...

Our chances to finish top 100 are not too good now. We'd need to win 20+ given SOS...

MabenMaroon
12-27-2014, 06:01 PM
That high? Wow, somebody likes us! Didn't know that Jax St. carried that much RPI clout. How much bump will we get when we beat UK?***

Dawgface
12-27-2014, 06:05 PM
No way we crack 100.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2014, 06:05 PM
I can't believe we are that high.

HoopsDawg
12-27-2014, 06:09 PM
Question will we crack the top 100 this season? The next 3 games could moved us toward it . What do you think?

are you being serious? top 100? no chance.

Coach34
12-27-2014, 06:24 PM
We have to start winning period. RPI and shit doesnt matter- we just need wins

msstate7
12-27-2014, 06:28 PM

Exactly. Worrying about rpi right now is hilarious.

engie
12-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Exactly. Worrying about rpi right now is hilarious.

It's more the reflection of where we're at that people are worried about with the RPI... No one is using it as a postseason measuring stick at this point. =

msstate7
12-27-2014, 06:45 PM
It's more the reflection of where we're at that people are worried about with the RPI... No one is using it as a postseason measuring stick at this point. =

I hope not

quickstrike2
12-27-2014, 07:45 PM
I hope not

The only way it could be used as one is if postseason was even a slight possibility and it's certainly not. Mid December is was over an really no point in even playing the games.

BeardoMSU
12-27-2014, 08:01 PM
We are not in any position to be worried about RPI. We flat out suck.

HancockCountyDog
12-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Can we make a rule that there can be no more basketball posts except for game threads until signing day. Just depresses me.

BeardoMSU
12-27-2014, 08:23 PM
Can we make a rule that there can be no more basketball posts except for game threads until signing day. Just depresses me.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j364/thegoldentrio1/THIS.gif

engie
12-27-2014, 09:05 PM
We are not in any position to be worried about RPI. We flat out suck.

Yes we are.

RPI is how to best define improvement or lack thereof. It's the benchmark that tells the difference between the 100th best team in the country and the 200th. It is NOT simply a tournament tool.

SDDawg
12-27-2014, 09:09 PM

Of course not, there's not a chance of it really. I'll be shocked if we crack 150 at this rate.

SDDawg
12-27-2014, 09:11 PM

I tend to agree. Wake me up when we have a winning season again, then we can check RPI. If we don't go .500 in the conference, ain't no chance of anything interesting happening in the post-season anyway.

SDDawg
12-27-2014, 09:11 PM

No more Malik threads either, he ain't coming.

starkvegasdawg
12-27-2014, 09:57 PM
This question reminded me of Jim Mora when asked about the playoffs.

BeardoMSU
12-27-2014, 10:06 PM
Yes we are.

RPI is how to best define improvement or lack thereof. It's the benchmark that tells the difference between the 100th best team in the country and the 200th. It is NOT simply a tournament tool.

Uh....if we had an semblance of a pulse or upward trajectory, I'd agree with you, but for this team you don't need any outside metric to gauge any perceived improvement. I don't like being a Debbie Downer, but trying to make this team out to be anything other than a total cluster is just pointless. We suck.

BeardoMSU
12-27-2014, 10:07 PM
This question reminded me of Jim Mora when asked about the playoffs.

Exactly.

Liverpooldawg
12-27-2014, 10:08 PM
We are still years away from having to worry about what our RPI is. Suicide is always ugly.

Dawg61
12-27-2014, 10:30 PM

No Engie and Brad Stephens and others don't get to be let off that easy. Basketball posts stay and you can just not click on them. Thanks.

Offshore Dawg
12-28-2014, 07:56 AM

Ok, what does it matter at this point !!

engie
12-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Uh....if we had an semblance of a pulse or upward trajectory, I'd agree with you, but for this team you don't need any outside metric to gauge any perceived improvement. I don't like being a Debbie Downer, but trying to make this team out to be anything other than a total cluster is just pointless. We suck.

You don't work in numbers, do you?

Political Hack
12-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Are there any power 5's worse than us right now?

Dawg61
12-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Are there any power 5's worse than us right now?

Maybe WSU. They're 5-6 but they are the only team battling us for that title right now.

Bully13
12-28-2014, 12:54 PM
pretty silly of people actually having anything remotely positive to say about our hoops team at this point. if there was ever a reason to fire someone mid season, the time is now for us. stricklin needs to show a pair and act like an executive that knows how to change things for the better. he needs to admit his mistake and fix it now, not later. that would be our only hope of landing newman, that is if a hope still remains.

engie
12-28-2014, 12:58 PM
pretty silly of people actually having anything remotely positive to say about our hoops team at this point. if there was ever a reason to fire someone mid season, the time is now for us. stricklin needs to show a pair and act like an executive that knows how to change things for the better. he needs to admit his mistake and fix it now, not later. that would be our only hope of landing newman, that is if a hope still remains.

There is no reason to fire midseason, with no one to hire midseason. Ray gets this whole year. Then we can see where we need to go when it's over. His chances for success certainly dwindled greatly with the 3 bad losses though.

drunkernhelldawg
12-28-2014, 01:00 PM
We could come up with a good mini run. Shooting is something that can get better. We're stuck in cement, but hopefully it's not full hard yet. Don't want to go full negative. The team has a lot to deal with, and double-zero support is not a good multiplier.

Bully13
12-28-2014, 01:06 PM
There is no reason to fire midseason, with no one to hire midseason. Ray gets this whole year. Then we can see where we need to go when it's over. His chances for success certainly dwindled greatly with the 3 bad losses though.

let someone currently on staff take over. I'd be willing to bet newman and other prospects are leaning heavily against us at this point. firing ray now would show them we mean business and they would at least put turning us down on hold to see what we come up with at the end of the year. prolonging the inevitable never seems to work well. and the firing would not totally be about sucking so bad right now and this year. it goes back to losing to alabama state at home in his first year. how that wasn't a total warning sign to most has always baffled me as well.

Coach34
12-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Newman is going to sign where Horatio tells him to. And that is where he gets the best scholarship offer.

Goat from MSU
12-28-2014, 01:49 PM
I started this thread to show how a bad loss does really hurt RPI if we had beaten Ark. St. we be in the 150 range .We have 20 games left by Real Time RPI we projected to win 7 more .Our RPI will improve for one reason we played no more 200 plus teams .Ray still has a chance ,he needs to win at least 12 out of the last 20 games .You don't fire a coach at midseason unless it is the NBA ,common sense tells you that.

SDDawg
12-28-2014, 02:52 PM
Newman is going to sign where Horatio tells him to. And that is where he gets the best scholarship offer.

I'll bite- how will he define the best scholarship offer? Is it the program itself or will there be more to it?

Bully13
12-28-2014, 02:59 PM
I started this thread to show how a bad loss does really hurt RPI if we had beaten Ark. St. we be in the 150 range .We have 20 games left by Real Time RPI we projected to win 7 more .Our RPI will improve for one reason we played no more 200 plus teams .Ray still has a chance ,he needs to win at least 12 out of the last 20 games .You don't fire a coach at midseason unless it is the NBA ,common sense tells you that.

if real time RPI projects us to win 7 more, then they don't know much. you really think he has a chance to win 12 out of the last 20? why not go out on a limb and say we have a chance to get hot at the SEC tourney, win it all and head to the NCAA'S? ray has proven he's not head coach material. time to get a head start on finding the replacement. it would make strick's job easier and more ethical in his pursuit of someone else.

Goat from MSU
12-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I am not a fan of Ray's either but you don' fire a coach at midseason. It won't make Strick's job easier ,but cast us in a bad light.QUOTE=Bully13;311210]if real time RPI projects us to win 7 more, then they don't know much. you really think he has a chance to win 12 out of the last 20? why not go out on a limb and say we have a chance to get hot at the SEC tourney, win it all and head to the NCAA'S? ray has proven he's not head coach material. time to get a head start on finding the replacement. it would make strick's job easier and more ethical in his pursuit of someone else.[/QUOTE]

Coach34
12-28-2014, 05:07 PM
more to it

this

HailState39110
12-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Maybe WSU. They're 5-6 but they are the only team battling us for that title right now.

The 215 ranking is still not the worst RPI for BCS teams . We are the third worst and are still in front of Virginia Tech and Washington St