PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread

BeastMan
12-27-2014, 10:23 AM
A day late but not forgotten. What's everybody have on tap for this weekend? On Christmas Day I had some Abita Grapefruit IPA. Good stuff. Not sure yet what tonight brings

Barking 13
12-27-2014, 11:29 AM
We made two giant pots (probably 10 qts each) of vegetable soup and chili for Christmas... I'll be eating on those for a couple more days. lol
Just about have the red velvet cake. and cheesecake finished off, as well as the 5 lbs of Conecuh sausage I cooked.
We had a dozen folks here for two days, and ate about half of what we had.

Matter of fact, I think it's time for a hunk of sausage, and a bowl of chili with some New York sharp cheddar and a couple of fritos in it right about now...

ETA: Milo's sweet tea, and maybe break out the morgan and cranberry this evening

BrunswickDawg
12-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I get together with my family (parents, sis, BIL and their kids) after Christmas and today is our seafood fest - this afternoon we will smoke local McIntosh County oysters (saltier than gulf oysters) and bacon wrapped scallops. Bourbon at 4:00 with a Cuban. Tonight fresh Wild Ga shrimp in a low country boil. Nice way to spend a day.

BeastMan
12-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Dang that sounds good Brunswick. I ended up just using Outback gift cards for dinner.