PDA

View Full Version : Freeze's plan with Kelly

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2014, 06:49 PM
https://twitter.com/yahoosports/status/548617811569172482

So, Freeze is likely thinking 1 of three things here.

1. This will buy me time to find another QB. If I can't Kelly stays

2. This will buy time for the whole thing to blow over and time for "our people" to formulate a plausible story.

3. Freeze doesn't really know all the facts yet, and is basically saying that what he knows right now isn't enough for remove Kelly.

blacklistedbully
12-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Gives the boosters more time to "talk to" the bouncers and get them to "admit" they started the altercation and "lied" about what Kelly said.

Of course, they'll still have the issue of the way he reacted with the cops. Might require a sizeable donation to a fraternal order or somebody's election campaign. That, or the threat of a TON of time-consuming legal-filings in his defense from a team of pro-bono lawyers who are only too willing to occupy the courts time over something they could easily just decide to dismiss.

Political Hack
12-26-2014, 07:04 PM
so if the Kelly family can come to terms with a Buffalo judge, Freeze will accept it?

difficult position he's put Chad in there.

Saltydog
12-26-2014, 07:07 PM
rap for "starting" the altercation. Always somebody else's fault. This bunch NEVER ceases to amaze me.

blacklistedbully
12-26-2014, 07:07 PM
so if the Kelly family can come to terms with a Buffalo judge, Freeze will accept it?

difficult position he's put Chad in there.

Can't believe I forgot about the Buffalo/Uncle Jim connection! Good call. Is Uncle Jim still supportive of his thug nephew, or is there a chance Chad is "on his own" at this point?

Coach34
12-26-2014, 07:08 PM
I've never seen the court system work that fast with that many charges on the books. His legal troubles should be dragging out thru the Spring

blacklistedbully
12-26-2014, 07:26 PM
"It's like I tell him every day when he's calling and texting me: I will deal with you when I get ready to deal with you," Freeze said, according to Scout.com. "That will be after I gather everything and see after the Jan. 5 court date and what happens with that. When you're dealing with a kid's future, I know everybody has their opinion and none of the opinions really matter except for what is best for the program first, the kid second.

"For me to do anything other than wait for all the facts and the total truth ... everything that is out there is not accurate. I want to deal exactly what is accurate. This is where he wants to be. He knows a mistake in being in the wrong place and I think is remorseful for that. But I got to deal with what is best for the team first, and then try to do what is best for the young man."

"He is very remorseful, but also wants me to know the truth," Freeze said. "How he perceives it. I've heard that."

Groundwork is being laid. Can't seem too eager to forgive or deny it, but it's important to "plant the seeds" that will allow Freeze to eventually arrive at the justification he needs to sign Kelly.

Folks, let's not forget this is the school that advised Marshall Henderson to lie to the media (during their recruitment of him) about his past, telling him, "they wouldn't tell if he didn't", so they could sign that low-life POS. They will find a way. Their hunger to win trumps character at every turn over there.

Coach34
12-26-2014, 07:49 PM
I want this guy to get in school. He is the cancer they so much deserve

dawgclub99
12-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Ive heard that they have convinced the bouncers to take back the AK-47 claim and that this will allow him to come in for the Spring. Those people will always get what they want and we get probation for little crap.

blacklistedbully
12-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Ive heard that they have convinced the bouncers to take back the AK-47 claim and that this will allow him to come in for the Spring. Those people will always get what they want and we get probation for little crap.

Truly, I really do believe a lot of it is them having a host of lawyer graduates that have been ready, willing and able to make it a headache for whoever is the decision-maker. My gut tells me, even if the case against them is strong, the extent to which lawyer alum will go to make it painful has a chilling effect, and just makes it more likely the investigators/prosecutors, etc will just decide it's "not worth it" unless it's a HUGE case and a slam dunk.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2014, 08:11 PM
I want this guy to get in school. He is the cancer they so much deserve

No doubt about it.

I'm cheering for him to get in school as well.

1. The entertainment next year will be much greater with him.

2. While their ceiling may be higher, I think their floor as a team is much lower with him as well.

If they just find a competent QB, they are an 7 or 8 win team next year. With this guy, they may win 10, but it could also implode into a 5 or 6 win season. Either way, it's more entertaining with him.

SDDawg
12-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Kelly is already the starter on the coaches board, they expect this to blow over. Waiting for the facts is all about buying time to let the story go away. Typical nonsense.

Bass Chaser
12-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Based on reading other posts about kids being kicked off the team, Freeze does not control the program. He will do as instructed. They will be "all in" this year because this is their best shot.

ShotgunDawg
12-26-2014, 08:18 PM
Truly, I really do believe a lot of it is them having a host of lawyer graduates that have been ready, willing and able to make it a headache for whoever is the decision-maker. My gut tells me, even if the case against them is strong, the extent to which lawyer alum will go to make it painful has a chilling effect, and just makes it more likely the investigators/prosecutors, etc will just decide it's "not worth it" unless it's a HUGE case and a slam dunk.

You guys are giving them a ton of unwarranted credit by saying their lawyers have impact in Buffalo. I've never understood this line of think by MSU people. You say OM sucks, but then tell them how powerful they are when they've done nothing to show that.

It really comes across as minimum wage workers complaining because their boss doesn't pay them more. Ole Miss has no control over law enforcement or the judicial system in Buffalo. To say they do and then complain about, insinuates that you think they run the world or something.

MSU fans that say that stuff show that they've likely never left the state long enough realize what a second rate law school Ole Miss really is and how little influence they have to anyone outside of Mssissippi.

msstate7
12-26-2014, 08:24 PM
You guys are giving them a ton of unwarranted credit by saying their lawyers have impact in Buffalo. I've never understood this line of think by MSU people. You say OM sucks, but then tell them how powerful they are when they've done nothing to show that.

It really comes across as minimum wage workers complaining because their boss doesn't pay them more. Ole Miss has no control over law enforcement or the judicial system in Buffalo. To say they do and then complain about, insinuates that you think they run the world or something.

MSU fans that say that stuff show that they've likely never left the state long enough realize what a second rate law school Ole Miss really is and how little influence they have to anyone outside of Mssissippi.

If chad walks on this, Jim kelly helped him not OM imo. Jim is a good man and very beloved in buffalo

Political Hack
12-26-2014, 08:26 PM

Jim Kelly, Buffalo. That's all that needs to be known here.

TaylorMSDawg
12-26-2014, 08:31 PM

Exactly. Chad is probably still a decently well-known figure in Buffalo.

Todd4State
12-26-2014, 08:36 PM
https://twitter.com/yahoosports/status/548617811569172482

So, Freeze is likely thinking 1 of three things here.

1. This will buy me time to find another QB. If I can't Kelly stays

2. This will buy time for the whole thing to blow over and time for "our people" to formulate a plausible story.

3. Freeze doesn't really know all the facts yet, and is basically saying that what he knows right now isn't enough for remove Kelly.

I think it's some of all of the above. If this had happened in Oxford, Memphis, or Jackson Freeze would know that it would get blown over and then they could just say it's rumors from obsessed State fans. Thing is, since it happened in Buffalo, NY Kelly may actually be charged with something.

While personally I think Kelly will end up in Oxford at some point- I will say that it can't be assumed at this point. The good news for Ole Miss is that this occurred before NSD and they will know the outcome with approximately four weeks left until NSD. That's enough time for them to get a replacement. However, if they have to go that route, whomever they get probably won't be able to enroll until the summer at the earliest meaning that they're going to have to go through the spring without their QB.

I think if at all possible, they are going to have to roll the dice with Kelly because that's what they have committed to- good or bad.

The assaulting police charge and the fact that he likely has a record already (police had to get involved at Clemson with him) I think are two big time sticking points with him as well.

Todd4State
12-26-2014, 08:38 PM

That's definitely his best shot at getting out of this mess. That and the judge may say "Oh, you want to go to Mississippi? That's fine. Just don't come the hell back to New York ever again."

blacklistedbully
12-26-2014, 08:43 PM

A) Lawyers don't always stay in the state from which they graduated.
B) Lawyers often take and pass Bar exams from other states. NY would be a prime one to go for.
C) Law firms often have relationships with firms in other states, in case their clients have to be there due to "choice of forum", etc.
D) I have lived out of the state of Mississippi for longer than I actually lived in-state.
E) TSUN can suck yet still have lawyers and politicians that help them with these kinds of "problems". We have seen it all too often. It doesn't guarantee they will win, so your "connecting of those dots" is absurd.
F) A lawyer does not have to be a particularly renowned lawyer to be a "pain-in-the-ass" to the opposition.

I could go on, but think I've made my point.

dawgclub99
12-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Blacklisted speaks the truth.

LC Dawg
12-27-2014, 01:01 AM
Did you people not see that Chad took food prepared by other people and put it on a plate for homeless people? It's over. He's rehabilitated.

Dawgowar
12-27-2014, 01:39 AM
A) Lawyers don't always stay in the state from which they graduated.
B) Lawyers often take and pass Bar exams from other states. NY would be a prime one to go for.
C) Law firms often have relationships with firms in other states, in case their clients have to be there due to "choice of forum", etc.
D) I have lived out of the state of Mississippi for longer than I actually lived in-state.
E) TSUN can suck yet still have lawyers and politicians that help them with these kinds of "problems". We have seen it all too often. It doesn't guarantee they will win, so your "connecting of those dots" is absurd.
F) A lawyer does not have to be a particularly renowned lawyer to be a "pain-in-the-ass" to the opposition.

I could go on, but think I've made my point.

A. Have lived out of state and worked with New York Based Law Enforcement - this is the DA's decision.
B. Were it a civil issue TSUN would have an easier path.
C. Fact is, the kid probably does not get threatened with incarceration regardless of the decision to prosecute or not.
D. TSUN does not give a rat's ass about the reality. They have a huge hole in the most important spot on the depth chart. Fail to fill that and you have pissed off natives next year.
E. Let me remind you. TSUN does not care. This kid will be in school next year. He will start. They will spin it to their advantage. They will ride the clock out on this like they have done every single blemish tossed at them.

JDog13
12-27-2014, 04:53 AM
They already got him out of that kitchen and sent him on his mission trip to Haiti.

http://i57.tinypic.com/f447zl.jpg

Political Hack
12-27-2014, 08:14 AM
They already got him out of that kitchen and sent him on his mission trip to Haiti.

http://i57.tinypic.com/f447zl.jpg

nice work.

MaxedOutMaroon
12-27-2014, 08:56 AM
To me, it doesn't really matter. If he ends up on the team, there are greater risk of 3 negative outcomes.
1. He's not that good and will make their team worse.
2. He could cause their best QB to transfer (Kincade)
3. He's gonna be a worse influences on the already existing thugs, excuse me saints, on that team.
I don't understand all the comparisons between him and Bo, cause Bo made a big turn around. How? Bo was nothing like Kelly

msstate7
12-27-2014, 09:04 AM
I personally hope he makes it. Every defense will taunt him relentlessly. There's no telling what he'll do in response. LaGarrette Blount 2.0