PDA

View Full Version : Ok, let's hear it....

CadaverDawg
12-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Cool gifts you got for Christmas. Go...

A few of my favorites from my wife:

Bottle of Blantons
Orange Bowl T-Shirt
Tree Stand
Whiskey Stones

msstate7
12-25-2014, 10:21 PM
1st class ticket to Miami
Suite at the ritz Carlton key biscayne
50 yard line lower level tickets

Ok, I'm lying... She did get me cool state attire and some tools I wanted. I'm happy

RTO Dawg
12-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Santa bought my 16 year old daughter a new ford focus...her expression priceless!!! I got socks.....

msstate7
12-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Santa bought my 16 year old daughter a new ford focus...her expression priceless!!! I got socks.....

CadaverDawg
12-25-2014, 10:25 PM

That's pretty funny

BrunswickDawg
12-25-2014, 10:26 PM
I feel your pain...
My musician kids got the cool stuff - A nice keyboard for the 15 yo girl and new set of 6 cymbals for the 13 yo boy's drum kit.

I did get an excellent Wally Moose Egg Nog glass - that is much better than socks!

Coach34
12-25-2014, 10:36 PM
I got a great gift:

http://www.cvs.com/bizcontent/merchandising/productimages/large/5042805909.jpg

starkvegasdawg
12-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Got an anemometer rated to 150mph. I'm ready for the spring severe weather season.

Liverpooldawg
12-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Bunnahabhain 18 (my old favorite)
Glenfiddich Special Reserve (never had it before, OH MY GOODNESS IT'S GOOD, as of now my new favorite)
Enough gift cards for an IPhone 6/64k. The on/off button of my 5/16k is non-functional.
This one is geeky as heck but I was a collector of Avalon Hill Wargames back in the day. Some of them survived to this day in my collection and some didn't. I got enough Amazon gift cards to buy 8 of them (all out of print) I either never had or didn't survive till now in my collection.
All in all it was great Christmas.

Cadaver, my wife organized her office Christmas party last year and the place she had a deal with screwed it up and KNEW they screwed it up. To make peace they gave her three bottles, one awful bottle of champaign, one decent bottle of wine, and one bottle of Blanton's. My wife is a wine drinker (so am I). We both enjoyed the wine. I drank the bubbly, it gave me a buzz on Christmas Eve last year, it totally sucked otherwise. The BLANTON'S I had to myself and I now HAVE to keep on hand. DAMN those guys. I'm not a bourbon drinker (see my scotch stuff above) but Blanton's is stinking awesome.

BorneDawg
12-25-2014, 10:52 PM
I built my 10 year old daughter a small ninja warrior course in the yard. I got a bazinga t-shirt

Liverpooldawg
12-25-2014, 10:55 PM

Did that last year with a Mustang (along with a BIG contribution from his grand parents) for my son. My dad was his first passenger. Dad died on Feb. 15th, 2014. THAT ride was priceless. I have video of that moment. THAT is beyond priceless.

msstate7
12-25-2014, 10:58 PM
I built my 10 year old daughter a small ninja warrior course in the yard. I got a bazinga t-shirt

hailmari
12-25-2014, 11:01 PM
I received spending money for Miami. I didn't have the heart to tell my family how many bucket sized drinks on South Beach they just bought me.

BeastMan
12-25-2014, 11:12 PM
Shimano baitcaster combo
50 packs of vortex shad
Fishing shirts
1k in bass pro gift cards
Various assortment of restaurant gift cards

Last but not least, a house in your neighborhood Cadaver. Cheers to your property value. A beast in the hood lowers it I hear...

RougeDawg
12-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Got an out of state Arkansas hunting license and Duck stamps. Duck hunting the next few days in Stuttgart. Girlfriend is from Little Rock and her parents got me the licenses for Christmas. Hope it works out tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone.

RTO Dawg
12-25-2014, 11:15 PM
My dad got my 3 daughters(16,14,10)cowbells....when they rang them $100 came out of each.....

TUSK
12-25-2014, 11:20 PM
left alone.

priceless...

RTO Dawg
12-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Got an out of state Arkansas hunting license and Duck stamps. Duck hunting the next few days in Stuttgart. Girlfriend is from Little Rock and her parents got me the licenses for Christmas. Hope it works out tomorrow.

Awesome... Ill be in duckin also

Liverpooldawg
12-25-2014, 11:27 PM

I hope your few days in Stuttgart beat my one day with my in-laws there a while back. The support system, the guides, and club we hunted with were SUPERB and INCREDIBLE. The fact remained that we never fired a shot. "You should have been here yesterday boys." The story of my life as far as guided hunts or fishing trips are concerned.

AgDawg
12-25-2014, 11:31 PM

I will be in Stuttgart on Sunday and hunt Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully more ducks this year.

AgDawg
12-25-2014, 11:33 PM
I got a few small things but drinking good bourbon and laughing with my dad and brother has been priceless as we don't get a chance to see each other very often

It_Could_Happen
12-25-2014, 11:33 PM

Rogue I'm from Dumas. Where are you hunting in Stuttgart? Me and a few friends will be over in the Dewitt area tomorrow morning.

State82
12-25-2014, 11:35 PM
75th Anniversary Edition Red Ryder BB gun for my collection. Fishing/MSU shirts/cap. Grisham's new book. Few new lures I've been wanting to try. And the can't miss gift: 3 brand new, crisp Benjamins.

It_Could_Happen
12-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Good luck to all you duck hunters and welcome to my neck of the woods.

CadaverDawg
12-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Shimano baitcaster combo
50 packs of vortex shad
Fishing shirts
1k in bass pro gift cards
Various assortment of restaurant gift cards

Last but not least, a house in your neighborhood Cadaver. Cheers to your property value. A beast in the hood lowers it I hear...

Haha, can't wait to have my first beer with you! Crawfish season and MSU baseball season will be a deadly combination in the neighborhood in 2015 I believe.

CadaverDawg
12-26-2014, 12:07 AM
My dad got my 3 daughters(16,14,10)cowbells....when they rang them $100 came out of each.....

Great idea, I bet your daughters were pumped.

CadaverDawg
12-26-2014, 12:09 AM
I got a few small things but drinking good bourbon and laughing with my dad and brother has been priceless as we don't get a chance to see each other very often

+1

I have my side of the family's family Christmas tomorrow, and there will be 3 generations of Cadaver men there. Looking forward to those same talks and laughs with my Gradfather, Dad, and brother. That's what it's all about.

CadaverDawg
12-26-2014, 12:12 AM
75th Anniversary Edition Red Ryder BB gun for my collection. Fishing/MSU shirts/cap. Grisham's new book. Few new lures I've been wanting to try. And the can't miss gift: 3 brand new, crisp Benjamins.

State82, that is cool. Let me ask you a question....what do you do with your BB gun? I have one that has a scope and everything that my grandfather gave me, and I am wanting to have some fun with it. Any ideas other than shooting squirrels or shooting at cans, etc? Trying to come up with a game or something that me and my bro and dad can compete on tomrrow, and the BB gun could be fun. Any fun suggestions? I know that is a dumb question, but shooting at pine cones and crap gets old quick, ha

CJDAWG85
12-26-2014, 02:26 AM
Both SI magazines in a badass frame.

I seen it dawg
12-26-2014, 07:20 AM
Hey I got a new bed!! Well actually WE meaning SHE are getting a new bed so we didn't do a whole lot. Did get a vacuum sealer, a digiQ for my egg, and the most underrated gift a $50 gift card to chikfila. Gonna pop it's cherry shortly...

Dawgface
12-26-2014, 07:35 AM
Did that last year with a Mustang (along with a BIG contribution from his grand parents) for my son. My dad was his first passenger. Dad died on Feb. 15th, 2014. THAT ride was priceless. I have video of that moment. THAT is beyond priceless.

Oh yeah. I can understand that.

I got a new bass guitar. Feels great in my hands. I haven't slept with it yet.

msstate7
12-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Hey I got a new bed!! Well actually WE meaning SHE are getting a new bed so we didn't do a whole lot. Did get a vacuum sealer, a digiQ for my egg, and the most underrated gift a $50 gift card to chikfila. Gonna pop it's cherry shortly...

The bed or the gift card? :)

Coach 57
12-26-2014, 08:19 AM
Trying to post a pic of what I got. Somebody help me please?

BogeyGolfer
12-26-2014, 08:56 AM

I got my 4 yr old daughter a small cowbell, she loves ringing the damn thing. For you bourbon snobs, I got a bottle of Southern Comfort, yeah, I like it, and a Dallas Cowboys tag for my truck.

Sienfield
12-26-2014, 09:13 AM
State82, that is cool. Let me ask you a question....what do you do with your BB gun? I have one that has a scope and everything that my grandfather gave me, and I am wanting to have some fun with it. Any ideas other than shooting squirrels or shooting at cans, etc? Trying to come up with a game or something that me and my bro and dad can compete on tomrrow, and the BB gun could be fun. Any fun suggestions? I know that is a dumb question, but shooting at pine cones and crap gets old quick, ha

You'll shoot your eye out.

Bucky Dog
12-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Well I was informed on the 23rd that I got a promotion at work that will allow us to move back to Jackson to be with our families and friends, and even closer to all things Dogs! Very fortunate and blessed by the man upstairs!!

trob115
12-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Framed si magazines, new waders, set of wrenches, binoculars, rangefinder, drake MSU jacket, and various other clothes. Being married has its perks because my in laws go all out at Christmas.

CadaverDawg
12-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Well I was informed on the 23rd that I got a promotion at work that will allow us to move back to Jackson to be with our families and friends, and even closer to all things Dogs! Very fortunate and blessed by the man upstairs!!

Congrats, Bucky. (That will be the only time I ever say "congrats" to a "Bucky" if you know what I mean.)

Frexzell
12-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Star Wars AT-AT lego set that is.

War Machine Dawg
12-26-2014, 10:29 AM
11" Battle Bell
iPhone 6 + OtterBox (going to get it shortly)

Drugdog
12-26-2014, 10:49 AM

Best gift ever.^^^^^^
Kids and wife made out like bandits. 3 teenAge girls gets expensive, but I always enjoy my new Jockey underware.

Jack Lambert
12-26-2014, 11:16 AM
I got my kids being happy with what they got. Personally I did not get anything but watching my kids was the best present.

Political Hack
12-26-2014, 11:20 AM
flu.

State82
12-26-2014, 11:27 AM

I thought about just putting it up but I'm gonna have to take some pot shots at the pesky squirrels that are terrorizing my attic. Other than that it's mainly just a novelty item but it's kinda cool.

Dawgowar
12-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Iphone 6+ 128 GB. Impressed thus far.

Pollodawg
12-26-2014, 11:49 AM
The Big Bang Theory season 7. Love me some BBT. My brother got our dad an MSU football with "The Road to #1" printed on it, and all of the games State won plus the scores. That was pretty neat.

Vandownbytheriver
12-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Concert tickets, State pint glasses for my glassware collection, Superman cologne, drunk leprechaun boxers, and tickets to the 420 fest in Atlanta.

RichardHarrow
12-26-2014, 12:50 PM
MSU football vault, pretty cool book, it belongs on the coffee table of every state fan. Some wusthof kitchen knives I've been wanting, a starkvegas shirt, and a new pair of maui jim sunglasses

Fred Garvin
12-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Best gift of the day: an hour long walk with my college age daughters. Just talking and laughter the whole time.

MabenMaroon
12-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Got my 19 yo daughter an i6 phone with all the bells and whistles, me and the wife exchanged underwear, socks, etc. My wife indulged me and let me listen twice to the new Collective Soul cd release ( a Christmas day stream only, the actual release to be in March/April ) and a promissory note for premium tickets, overnight arrangements, etc. for a show on the next tour. My wife got equipped with some of the new kitchen items she had been wanting coffee maker, microwave, griddle etc. back around Thanksgiving. The best thing of all is that the TBS Christmas Story annual movie marathon was not on TV at any place we went and never appeared on the home TV's, that was superb in itself.

RougeDawg
12-26-2014, 03:13 PM
I will be in Stuttgart on Sunday and hunt Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully more ducks this year.

They were flying pretty well today. We didn't limit out but got to shoot a few. Bagged a Mallard Drake and Hen and a Wood Drake On 5 shots. We couldn't get many to come in close. Hunters all around but it's just fun to be out there.

I seen it dawg
12-26-2014, 04:29 PM
The bed or the gift card? :)

Ha! Shit obviously the gift card.