PDA

View Full Version : Feeling mischievous, wondering if it is possible

MabenMaroon
12-24-2014, 02:59 PM
To go on one of the TCU message boards and pose as a tsun troll. Was thinking about getting them fired up and riled for the Peach Bowl.

A good one would be to bring up Darrel Royal's quote about them in 1961 after a 3-4 TCU beat his unbeaten, #1 ranked horns, and saying that the rebearsharks agree.

" they are like cockroaches, it is not so much what they eat or carry away, it is what they fall into and mess up " ( D. Royal 1961 )

Dawgowar
12-24-2014, 03:22 PM
TCU fans I know only get ultra-sensitive about one thing. Making light of their conference and their worthiness to compete for anything of meaning. Something along the lines of "Looks like Ohio State got the charity slot you were gunning for, though not sure why you guys would have gotten it. You lost to Baylor, please. Baylor. Anyways, look forward to playing you. Wish it were in Oxford, you could drop by the Grove and wish you had trees and tailgate tents on your campuses. Oh yeah, we starch our clothes, so let that stew you purple wearing buttheads."

MSUDawg4Life
12-24-2014, 03:31 PM
To go on one of the TCU message boards and pose as a tsun troll. Was thinking about getting them fired up and riled for the Peach Bowl.

A good one would be to bring up Darrel Royal's quote about them in 1961 after a 3-4 TCU beat his unbeaten, #1 ranked horns, and saying that the rebearsharks agree.

" they are like cockroaches, it is not so much what they eat or carry away, it is what they fall into and mess up " ( D. Royal 1961 )

Hmmm.

I'm thinking this post is a troll. Would any real MSU fan come to this board and announce they are going to a OM opponent's board to troll as an "OM fan"?

You've got to be either a rebal troll or an idiot.

dawgoneyall
12-24-2014, 03:47 PM
Well, they would never do that!

Dawgowar
12-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Well, they would never do that!

Humor them here guys. Think of it as an audience participation floor show.

MabenMaroon
12-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Good grief, first off I didn't say I was going to do that, thought it would be funny to do something like that though. I guess some people just are in a constant state of paranoia. I think a troll would be one who has to announce he is an MSU fan for life in his board alias... Hmmm.

Actually, I was born and lived in Ft.Worth and went to many a TCU game during the 60/70's. Just happened to remember about Royal's quote and was thinking that would piss the ever loving stew out of me. Also remember selling 10 cent newspaper programs before games and always dreaded when tu came to town, real cheap, never tipped and would look down their noses at folks. UPig folks were great, they always tipped well and were very chatty.
Funny back in those days, TCU was the lower echelon of the SWC 2-8/3-7 were average years 4-6/5-5 was a real nice year. Used to play FSU and UF as ooc foes, would always count on those games as wins, neither had any reputation as being a winning program back then. A lot has evolved since then.

rabbitthedawg
12-24-2014, 04:00 PM
TCU fans I know only get ultra-sensitive about one thing. Making light of their conference and their worthiness to compete for anything of meaning. Something along the lines of "Looks like Ohio State got the charity slot you were gunning for, though not sure why you guys would have gotten it. You lost to Baylor, please. Baylor. Anyways, look forward to playing you. Wish it were in Oxford, you could drop by the Grove and wish you had trees and tailgate tents on your campuses. Oh yeah, we starch our clothes, so let that stew you purple wearing buttheads."

If I were a TCU fan that would really piss me off! Go ahead, sounds just like an ole miss asshole!

Dawgowar
12-24-2014, 04:13 PM
If I were a TCU fan that would really piss me off! Go ahead, sounds just like an ole miss asshole!
Thank you. I was afraid the term 'Butthead' would blow the authenticity. I mean foul language and overindulgence of any kind just does NOT happen in Oxford, Mississippi.