PDA

View Full Version : What's the holdup on Mullen's new contract ?

SouthMsDawg
12-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Stricklin?
His Agent?
Dan wanting more?
Dan wanting on Michigan?

Stricklin needs to take care of this. Nobody wants a cute corny announcement if the deal is done then announce it.

Anybody got any info on what the holdup is?

msstate7
12-23-2014, 06:51 PM
More pressing issues right now like getting extension and raise for ray*

RougeDawg
12-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Our AD's strength is selling and implementing "in game momentum killing" commercials. Contracts and HC hires, not so much.

engie
12-23-2014, 06:54 PM
We don't work on OM's press conference winning schedule.

SouthMsDawg
12-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Engie you seem to be in the know, what's the holdup ?

engie
12-23-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm not in the know on this, but there is no holdup IMO...There is just no reason to get ourselves into a bad contract so we can finish it a week or two quicker. Especially when it's only effective Jan 1 either way.

Dawgbite
12-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Dan ain't going nowhere. Meagan's happy. He will get more than the Beave so what is the hurry? Dan see' s his likeness in bronze permanently displayed in the junction so that all your grandchildren can get there picture taken with the Godfather of MSU Football.

AROB44
12-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Dan's gone!! He is taking the head coach job at the University of Moscow. He wants to be paid in rubles.

Harrydawg
12-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I had someone who should certainly know tell me last week - Dan and Admin (Keenum and Strickland) have a clear understanding that they (Mullen family) are extremely happy in Vegas (at MSU). They are committed and will not leave at this time or the near future - when the time is right, the extension and raises for the whole staff will happen and there is no reason to hastily sign a deal (like Freeze and crew just did).....Everything these guys do is well planned and executed - synergy or as Bush would say strategary......Copied and pasted from a post last night.

Rest easy

KB21
12-23-2014, 09:12 PM
They very well may be waiting on the defensive coordinator hire before they get everything ironed out on a new contract for Dan.

sbcmortgageman
12-23-2014, 10:28 PM
I had someone who should certainly know tell me last week - Dan and Admin (Keenum and Strickland) have a clear understanding that they (Mullen family) are extremely happy in Vegas (at MSU). They are committed and will not leave at this time or the near future - when the time is right, the extension and raises for the whole staff will happen and there is no reason to hastily sign a deal (like Freeze and crew just did).....Everything these guys do is well planned and executed - synergy or as Bush would say strategary......Copied and pasted from a post last night.

Rest easy

If they are that in the know then they should know how to spell our AD's last name. This kills me every time it's misspelled.

jumbo
12-23-2014, 10:34 PM
They very well may be waiting on the defensive coordinator hire before they get everything ironed out on a new contract for Dan.

This.

Aces High
12-23-2014, 10:46 PM
This.

Or he could have had an offer on his desk and hasnt signed it yet.

Harrydawg
12-23-2014, 10:49 PM
If they are that in the know then they should know how to spell our AD's last name. This kills me every time it's misspelled.

The guy in the know wasn't typing this dickhead..... I was, sorry for the typo.

rbdog82
12-24-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm not in the know on this, but there is no holdup IMO...There is just no reason to get ourselves into a bad contract so we can finish it a week or two quicker. Especially when it's only effective Jan 1 either way.

^^^ This.

FISHDAWG
12-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Or he could have had an offer on his desk and hasnt signed it yet.

this was on Head to Head last week ... he has an extension but has yet to sign it .... and until he signs I doubt we will know who our DC is going to be