PDA

View Full Version : More evidence that Dak is returning

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Not that we really needed anymore evidence, but, if you read the last few sentences of this article, it seems rather clear that Dak intends on being the leader of our team next year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/95887/prescott-fueled-by-missing-the-playoff-heisman

Coach34
12-23-2014, 11:54 AM
He emphatically stated after the Bama game that he was returning to the staff. Realizes he still has a lot to work on. I can't see he draft grade being higher than 3-4 right now- would be shocked if so.

He he has a great group of WR's returning and could put up some really good numbers next year.

HoopsDawg
12-23-2014, 12:25 PM
He emphatically stated after the Bama game that he was returning to the staff. Realizes he still has a lot to work on. I can't see he draft grade being higher than 3-4 right now- would be shocked if so.

He he has a great group of WR's returning and could put up some really good numbers next year.

Derunnya and Ross on the outside with Gray in the slot is the best group we have ever had at MSU. They have all the different skill sets that you want from your receivers. Then 2nd string would be Morrow, Fred Brown, and Myles. That's not too bad either.

MetEdDawg
12-23-2014, 12:27 PM

As good as our offense was this year, I think it has the potential next year to be even better. If the OL can gel together quickly, we could be even better and give Dak the opportunity to really show what he can do. I like Dak as a runner, but there is no reason for him to have games where he rushes the ball more than 15 times. He should be able to command the offense next year in a way that shows he's ready for the NFL because we have the talent to do so.

J Rob hopefully comes back and we have him, Shump, Aeris, and possibly Dontavian Lee in the backfield. Then you look at the WR position. You have Bear, Fred Brown, Fred Ross, Joe Morrow, Gabe Myles, Donald Gray. A few freshmen that RS and then a couple true freshmen that could come in a get PT.

TE position with Walley, Hutch, Pierce, Dixon, and Hammond has potential to be good if those guys can step up and get themselves ready for the fall.

The talent is there but to me the limiting factor is our OL. They have the potential to limit us to 8 wins or elevate us to 10 wins again.

Smitty
12-23-2014, 12:29 PM
I'd like to see Bear/Hutch exploit the middle of the field out of the slot. Shirley we saw how Engram did this

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2014, 12:29 PM
I agree we have a chance to be better, but we have to make sure we aren't built like a Matt Millen team, from the outside in, rather than from the inside out. Great teams are built from the inside out and football games will always be won in the trenches.

We have to prove ourselves there before I completely buy into us being better.

GreenheadDawg
12-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd like to see Bear/Hutch exploit the middle of the field out of the slot. Shirley we saw how Engram did this

This. I've been patiently waiting

HoopsDawg
12-23-2014, 12:39 PM
This. I've been patiently waiting

We move Bear to the slot at times and had a lot of success with it. I'm not sure what/why people are expecting out of Hutch. He is an attached TE and will play the Brandon Hill role next year. We need someone to step into that Malcolm Johnson role and I think Jesse Jackson actually has the best chance to do that.

Westdawg
12-23-2014, 12:44 PM
our OL is built really well. I think because we don't have STAR***** power on the OL, ppl assume that we are going to be weak. In reality, i think that is one of our strengths, and is probably as deep as the WR and LB positions for us next season. We have tremendous depth, and it is quality. And while i know firsthand that Heavesy can be a tool, most of the BEST OL coaches that i have been around were absolute jerks, but they coached their butts off and their teams have always been successful because they demand the best from their players, and make sure they are technically sound.

rbdog82
12-23-2014, 12:59 PM
He told a VERY senior member in our athletic dept that he was returning. However, I'm not sure if this was before or after he received his NFL grade.

quickstrike2
12-23-2014, 01:49 PM
As good as our offense was this year, I think it has the potential next year to be even better. If the OL can gel together quickly, we could be even better and give Dak the opportunity to really show what he can do. I like Dak as a runner, but there is no reason for him to have games where he rushes the ball more than 15 times. He should be able to command the offense next year in a way that shows he's ready for the NFL because we have the talent to do so.

J Rob hopefully comes back and we have him, Shump, Aeris, and possibly Dontavian Lee in the backfield. Then you look at the WR position. You have Bear, Fred Brown, Fred Ross, Joe Morrow, Gabe Myles, Donald Gray. A few freshmen that RS and then a couple true freshmen that could come in a get PT.

TE position with Walley, Hutch, Pierce, Dixon, and Hammond has potential to be good if those guys can step up and get themselves ready for the fall.

The talent is there but to me the limiting factor is our OL. They have the potential to limit us to 8 wins or elevate us to 10 wins again.

A guy I work with is pretty close to Robinson's family in la, and he says they have been talking to agents, mainly beckham jr's agent, and looks like he will be turning pro. If accurate, I can't blame him, not much else he can show at next year. Now Dak could help his draft stock with another strong year I think.

I seen it dawg
12-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Well if he's "talking" that seals it...

quickstrike2
12-23-2014, 02:15 PM

I just stated something that a guy told me and put the words "looks like" and "if accurate," and basically just passing a tidbit along. I do apologize.

HancockCountyDog
12-23-2014, 02:20 PM

This is the reason some people with info don't post it. I mean, its totally reasonable that J-Rob go pro - whatever round he goes this year, will be the same round next year. If he is going to take a pounding, he might as well get paid to do it.

HoopsDawg
12-23-2014, 02:33 PM
A guy I work with is pretty close to Robinson's family in la, and he says they have been talking to agents, mainly beckham jr's agent, and looks like he will be turning pro. If accurate, I can't blame him, not much else he can show at next year. Now Dak could help his draft stock with another strong year I think.

Thanks for the info. Don't pay attention to "I seen it".

bulldawg28
12-23-2014, 02:38 PM
I believe next year we'll use more 4 WR sets minus a TE to stretch the defense even more. No defense can cover all the wideouts we have with 4 on the field. I also expect Myles to move to the outside.

I seen it dawg
12-23-2014, 06:02 PM
I just stated something that a guy told me and put the words "looks like" and "if accurate," and basically just passing a tidbit along. I do apologize.

I wasn't being a smartass. IF he is "talking to agents" he probably HAS decided to forego his remaining eligibility due to the fact you can't talk to agents until your eligibility is exhausted or you have decided to go pro. I doubt he would talk to them knowing all of this. That was my point of "if he is talking it seals it". Meaning he has decided to talk to agents and not come back. IF in fact any of what your person says has any truth to it or is purely gossip.

GreenheadDawg
12-23-2014, 06:34 PM
We move Bear to the slot at times and had a lot of success with it. I'm not sure what/why people are expecting out of Hutch. He is an attached TE and will play the Brandon Hill role next year. We need someone to step into that Malcolm Johnson role and I think Jesse Jackson actually has the best chance to do that.

I just envision a 6'7 tight end being covered by a LB or S across the middle of the field. Obviously he's not gonna be jimmy Graham but I can dream. Maybe it all starts to click in the spring and fall

RougeDawg
12-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Anyone who watched our games in November and thinks anything other than Dak is returning, needs their head examined. This shouldn't even be a conversation. Period.

quickstrike2
12-23-2014, 07:17 PM
I wasn't being a smartass. IF he is "talking to agents" he probably HAS decided to forego his remaining eligibility due to the fact you can't talk to agents until your eligibility is exhausted or you have decided to go pro. I doubt he would talk to them knowing all of this. That was my point of "if he is talking it seals it". Meaning he has decided to talk to agents and not come back. IF in fact any of what your person says has any truth to it or is purely gossip.

My mistake, I took your response the wrong way then. Yeah we were just talking an he mentioned, It could be pure speculation on his part, who knows. My gut says he will probably go, but obviously want him back.