PDA

View Full Version : For TOTAL clarification on the last play of the 6-3 bamer game so there is NO more

Bully13
12-23-2014, 12:41 AM
confusion... there was NO fumble on that play...

the line judges saw the bamer nose guard knock the ball from Kent Hull's hand before he could snap it

they saw it and the ball game was over before that pile of humanity that ensued..

if you look at the ending of the game, there is a 6-2" guy running out on the field who is my late dad..clutching his jacket and his 5th of KY Tavern. .running behind him is his 120lb blonde headed son who was pissed that his 40 yr old dad had beaten him to the punch...the 120lb guy was me... thanks to vodka and mashed potatoes, I now weigh 155lbs... I was there yelling at the mass of humanity still going for the ball yelling "game over!! MSU WINS!!!"... but the players were still going for the ball as I was literally 3 feet from them while the refs had already walked off the field..... weird shit indeed.

At the time, I didn't know exactly what had happened. I knew we had won, and my high school classmate Kent Hull picked himself up finally from the pile and I was the first person he saw and he bear hugged me yelling "YEAAA"!!!

a few years later Maury , his younger brother and I bumped into one another at a game and he told me about the nose guard deal and it all started to make sense.

believe me folks, that was NO fumble.. that game was over at the snap....trust me on this one..

I was just you tubing some shit and it just reminded me of some past posts that folks say about the ending of the game and they have it SO WAY WRONG... it was NO fumble and the refs saw it and knew it

TUSK
12-23-2014, 12:49 AM
confusion... there was NO fumble on that play...

the line judges saw the bamer nose guard knock the ball from Kent Hull's hand before he could snap it

they saw it and the ball game was over before that pile of humanity that ensued..

if you look at the ending of the game, there is a 6-2" guy running out on the field who is my late dad..clutching his jacket and his 5th of KY Tavern. .running behind him is his 120lb blonde headed son who was pissed that his 40 yr old dad had beaten him to the punch...the 120lb guy was me... thanks to vodka and mashed potatoes, I now weigh 155lbs... I was there yelling at the mass of humanity still going for the ball yelling "game over!! MSU WINS!!!"... but the players were still going for the ball as I was literally 3 feet from them while the refs had already walked off the field..... weird shit indeed.

At the time, I didn't know exactly what had happened. I knew we had won, and my high school classmate Kent Hull picked himself up finally from the pile and I was the first person he saw and he bear hugged me yelling "YEAAA"!!!

a few years later Maury , his younger brother and I bumped into one another at a game and he told me about the nose guard deal and it all started to make sense.

believe me folks, that was NO fumble.. that game was over at the snap....trust me on this one..

I was just you tubing some shit and it just reminded me of some past posts that folks say about the ending of the game and they have it SO WAY WRONG... it was NO fumble and the refs saw it and knew it

eh... Okay?

Bully13
12-23-2014, 12:54 AM
eh... Okay?

go douche tusk... I just was just youubing some shit and it reminded me of how many people are wrong about that game and then I saw me and my dad as the 1st ones out on the field..

go douche the sand out...

TUSK
12-23-2014, 12:58 AM
go douche tusk... I just was just youubing some shit and it reminded me of how many people are wrong about that game and then I saw me and my dad as the 1st ones out on the field..

go douche the sand out...

I was gonna say "I thought MSU won that game fair & square"... Peeps that think otherwise are just idgits.

Lighten up, Francis.

Oh, "I was there", too... what's it like to rush a field?

Bully13
12-23-2014, 01:06 AM
yes it was a rush on the field... and justifiably so.. if you were there, you know it too..

and by the way, you need to go to the other board as well... we need you there...it's getting good...

TUSK
12-23-2014, 01:09 AM
yes it was a rush on the field... and justifiably so.. if you were there, you know it too..

and by the way, you need to go to the other board as well... we need you there...it's getting good...

roger that, buddy.... stand by...

Todd4State
12-23-2014, 01:10 AM
Well, if I understand things correctly, what you just told us was indeed correct about the NG knocking the ball out of Kent Hull's hands. I'll tell you the most incredible thing about that final play to me was that when it actually happened that they DIDN'T call it a fumble and give Bama a touchdown.

And I don't know if Jack was correct about this or not, but I believe he said Donald Ray King recovered the fumble anyway- so IF that was true it would have been worst case scenario a safety making the score 6-5 MSU with the time at 0:00. I guess we would have had to free kicked the ball? But the odds of Bama scoring on a free kick are very slim and there would not have been any time to kick a field goal.

But you are correct- the officials got it correct to start with.

IMissJack
12-23-2014, 10:02 PM
I believe, going by memory, that Jack said that Donald Ray King came up with the ball anyway.