PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION.... HOW FAST WILL DENVER GO DOWN THE DRAIN AFTER PEYTON RETIRE?

Prentis
12-23-2014, 12:11 AM
I SAY TWO YEARS .

sleepy dawg
12-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Immediately. They need to invest in the future soon.

Bothrops
12-23-2014, 12:50 AM
This year needs to be Peyton's last.

KB21
12-23-2014, 01:13 AM
That team is dead in the water the moment Peyton says bye.

MetEdDawg
12-23-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm not so sure about that. Peyton is good no question. But the Broncos really seem to like Osweiler. He's big, he's got a big arm, and most importantly he will have learned from Peyton for 3 or 4 years before being thrown into the fire.

He's got mobility that Peyton lacks and he's got arm strength that Peyton lacks. So I wouldn't count them dead yet just because Peyton retires. If they can fix the OL and the running game, they have the potential to still be very good when Peyton leaves. I could see an Aaron Rodgers type situation here. Not saying Osweiler is as good as Rodgers, but the situation is similar. Getting to sit behind an all time great for a few years to develop and learn the game without the pressure to perform immediately. Could be a good set up there for Peyton's eventual retirement.

Dawg61
12-23-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm not so sure about that. Peyton is good no question. But the Broncos really seem to like Osweiler. He's big, he's got a big arm, and most importantly he will have learned from Peyton for 3 or 4 years before being thrown into the fire.

He's got mobility that Peyton lacks and he's got arm strength that Peyton lacks. So I wouldn't count them dead yet just because Peyton retires. If they can fix the OL and the running game, they have the potential to still be very good when Peyton leaves. I could see an Aaron Rodgers type situation here. Not saying Osweiler is as good as Rodgers, but the situation is similar. Getting to sit behind an all time great for a few years to develop and learn the game without the pressure to perform immediately. Could be a good set up there for Peyton's eventual retirement.

Peyton's genius can't be duplicated. Broncos will definitely take a step back. Might already be starting to.

yjnkdawg
12-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Peyton's genius can't be duplicated. Broncos will definitely take a step back. Might already be starting to.

Peyton studies and disects the game of football more intensely than probably anybody has or does. HIs work ethic is outstanding. Dak said at the Manning Camp that he was really impressed with Peyton's dedication to the game and his work ethic.

quickstrike2
12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Not as fast as the Saints will without Brees, or even with Brees. Manning is looking himself right now, but I think he still has one more push in him come postseason.

War Machine Dawg
12-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Until they fix that OL, Denver will be irrelevant. John Elway is a complete moron. You go get arguably the all-time best QB in history, sell him on winning a championship, but fail to put an OL in front of him capable of blocking. You think they'd have made more of an effort to invest in the OL after last season.