Shooting percentage: 35.9%

3-pt shooting percentage: 19.2%

Free Throw shooting percentage: 70%

Total Assists: 28

Total Turnovers: 68

Ouch, just ouch

MetEdDawg
12-22-2014, 02:49 PM
I've been on Ray's side until the last 5 games, but I've had a HUGE problem during his time and it's those last two numbers. Assists and turnovers. Our assist to turnover ratio has been horrible and in some ways it's worst now than it was two years ago.

We were really young two years ago and a poor assist to turnover ratio was to be expected to a certain degree. Now we aren't young. Lot of guys on the team who have logged a ton of minutes and we get a .41/1 assist to turnover ratio over the last 5 games? That's beyond horrible and to me it's the main reason we lose games. We commit some of the worst turnovers I've ever seen in a college basketball game and they happen in chunks. 3 out of 4 possessions or 4 out of 6 possessions and before you know it a team has rolled off 8 or 10 points in a row and we haven't gotten a shot off in 3 or 4 minutes.

Irondawg
12-22-2014, 03:02 PM
Yep, some of that is caused by a crazy amount of missed under 10 ft shots that would be assists, but it's also that our non-PG are atrocious passing the ball.

I also have a lot of trouble trying to see what we are attempting to do on offense as far as a game plan. We seem to either get stuck overpassing and burning a ton of shot clock and having to force a bad shot and we come down and shoot within 5 seconds and it's usually a somewhat forced shot. Either way is bad and while I haven't gotten to watch a lot of college ball the past few years to really say if we look substantially worse than other teams out there, I can say we look like a church league team on offense and that's not a good thing.

It's just hard to watch right now.

mstatefan91
12-22-2014, 03:05 PM
http://disgrasian.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/harvard_we_suck.jpg

Dawg61
12-22-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow. 28 assists and 68 turnovers is junior high girls basketball bad.