PDA

View Full Version : Deadspin has a little of the fight video

Coach34
12-22-2014, 11:08 AM
http://deadspin.com/chill-bro-video-shows-chad-kelly-brawling-with-boun-1674046938?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

HoopsDawg
12-22-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm so pissed this happened. I really wanted him to make it to Ole Miss. Good times would have been had by all.

EAVdog
12-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Ah, video. Always makes everything so much more dramatic. That guy is a loose cannon. Whether he ends up at Ole Miss or not. Tells you a lot that Freeze wanted to take a risk with this guy.

thunderclap
12-22-2014, 11:20 AM
On a weekend when two policemen were assassinated in New York, can't imagine him threatening to go get his gun and shoot up everybody is going to look well for a judge.

Maroonthirteen
12-22-2014, 11:20 AM
"Chad Kelly is a wanted man......"

Such foresight in his rap song.

EAVdog
12-22-2014, 11:24 AM
And continue to know that he refers to himself as "Swag" and even had "Swag" and "Kelly" added to the back of each cleat.

Then we can go with the fact that anytime he was questioned about anything he did the response was "do you KNOW who my FAMILY IS?!"

Then my favorite moment from Chad Kelly's Clemson career... after being just generally god awful and blowing up on Chad Morris for being benched in the spring game... Chad goes home.. get drunk with his boys... tries to go out... his friend crashes their car before they even leave the parking lot..... when the chick they hit comes out Chad threatens to beat her if she calls the cops or tells anyone what happened (the real reason he got kicked off the team)

Comment from Deadspin... Wow and they signed this guy? No wonder he didn't have tons of colleges after him!

messageboardsuperhero
12-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Eyewitness account of the altercation:

He was struck in the face and was bloodied prior to the video being taken. Apparently, he spit in the bouncers face and spit some blood at him. However, if you knew Chad, this is a pretty normal night/behavior for him. He's just an idiot, plain and simple. He has the world by the nuts thanks to his uncle and he can't keep his nose clean. Literally and figuratively.

He is a perfect representative for UM football.

Sacrifice
12-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Haha, looks like he got his ass kicked all around the parking lot...He should fit in nicely at OM...

FlabLoser
12-22-2014, 12:05 PM
So we've got a Swag Kelly fight video to go along with the Bo-getting-punched-in-the-face photo. Do all the Ole Miss QBs have to get fight scenes on social media?

Jacksondevildog
12-22-2014, 12:06 PM
The biggest issue to me, besides saying AK 47 and spraying people, is him swinging at a police officer. If he hit the police officer, he's gone right now. IF he makes it to Oxford, he won't make it a year with their partying atmosphere. That has to be really discouraging to Buchanan and Kincade to possibly bring in a guy with these types of issues after you have been there for a few years keeping your nose clean and don't get the chance.

Political Hack
12-22-2014, 12:32 PM
what is the implication of the keeping his nose clean? Was that a reference back to the bloody nose or something more problematic? If it's something other than blood, they need to legitimately consider whether Ole Miss is the right place for him.

CadaverDawg
12-22-2014, 12:53 PM
what is the implication of the keeping his nose clean? Was that a reference back to the bloody nose or something more problematic? If it's something other than blood, they need to legitimately consider whether Ole Miss is the right place for him.

I took it to mean that he partakes in the Booger Sugar

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54166380.jpg

BeardoMSU
12-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Now ESPN is running that his lawyer says the video shows Kelly wasn't the aggressor

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12066399/video-shows-chad-kelly-not-aggressor-lawyer-says

The spin is in full force.

Dallas_Dawg
12-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Chad Kelly = Marshall Henderson Part Deux. Cocaine, attitude problems and entitlement.
Should fit in quite nicely

messageboardsuperhero
12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Now ESPN is running that his lawyer says the video shows Kelly wasn't the aggressor

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12066399/video-shows-chad-kelly-not-aggressor-lawyer-says

That video is a 30 second clip that doesn't really prove anything either way.

It does not include the fight Kelly got into inside the club. It also does not include the part later when he decided to assault the police officers when they show up. It also does not include the part when he tells the police he's going to spray the club with his machine gun.

MSUDawg4Life
12-22-2014, 01:18 PM
That video is a 30 second clip that doesn't really prove anything either way.

It does not include the fight Kelly got into inside the club. It also does not include the part later when he decided to assault the police officers when they show up. It also does not include the part when he tells the police he's going to spray the club with his machine gun.

True. Nor does it include why he and his friends were thrown out in the first place. The bottom line is that if this guy wasn't acting an ass NONE of this would have had to happen. To suggest this video "proves" that he wasn't the aggressor is self-serving at best.

mic
12-22-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm so pissed this happened. I really wanted him to make it to Ole Miss. Good times would have been had by all.

Have faith.. Don't give up on this yet.. It may still happen..

DudyDawg
12-22-2014, 01:32 PM
True. Nor does it include why he and his friends were thrown out in the first place. The bottom line is that if this guy wasn't acting an ass NONE of this would have had to happen. To suggest this video "proves" that he wasn't the aggressor is self-serving at best.

Exactly. You have to be the aggressor to a degree to get tossed out of a bar. I've never once been tossed out for being too friendly to fellow patrons.

Todd4State
12-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Have faith.. Don't give up on this yet.. It may still happen..

Yep. Part of why they are taking a chance on him in the first place is because they clearly believe that of all of the options out there in the JUCO world he gives them the best chance to win. They're not going to let him walk away easily.

Jacksondevildog
12-22-2014, 01:35 PM
The rebels are using this video and saying that this is the ONLY altercation that took place. The 34 seconds ONLY.

SaltyDawg
12-22-2014, 01:37 PM
Exactly. You have to be the aggressor to a degree to get tossed out of a bar. I've never once been tossed out for being too friendly to fellow patrons.

Zach Mettenberger got tossed out of a bar for being too friendly to a female patron.

mic
12-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Yep. Part of why they are taking a chance on him in the first place is because they clearly believe that of all of the options out there in the JUCO world he gives them the best chance to win. They're not going to let him walk away easily.

Yep. Come on CHF make it happen. #freemgk

Todd4State
12-22-2014, 01:38 PM
The rebels are using this video and saying that this is the ONLY altercation that took place. The 34 seconds ONLY.

Well, I'm just going to have to believe that the police were lying when they said that they were assaulted then.**

Todd4State
12-22-2014, 01:40 PM
And maybe those bouncers were huge, but Kelly looks really small to me.

M.Fillmore
12-22-2014, 01:40 PM

Chad Kelly is right. The bouncers were the aggressors. That's why Kelly needed an AK-47. It's a loving way to protect yourself against aggressors.

IMissJack
12-22-2014, 01:51 PM
To any young man watching this...you always have the option of using your head and walking away. Chad doesn't seem to grasp this, no matter who "started it".

CadaverDawg
12-22-2014, 01:55 PM
And maybe those bouncers were huge, but Kelly looks really small to me.

Kelly looks awfully Tyson Lee/Dylan Favre - sized in that video

Coach34
12-22-2014, 01:58 PM

I have- getting too friendly with the owner's g/f can be a problem

DudyDawg
12-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Chad Kelly is right. The bouncers were the aggressors. That's why Kelly needed an AK-47. It's a loving way to protect yourself against aggressors.

Every movie I've ever seen w religious freedom fighters has them using AKs. It's the same thing. He's a hero

BeardoMSU
12-22-2014, 02:02 PM
Every movie I've ever seen w religious freedom fighters has them using AKs. It's the same thing. He's a hero

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2704982/pikachu-ak-47-o.gif

M.Fillmore
12-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Kelly looks awfully Tyson Lee/Dylan Favre - sized in that video

Nope, I've stood next to Dylan Favre and Chad Kelly on sidelines. Kelly is a lot bigger, a good sized kid.

dawgpound
12-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Kelly should have walked away. You cannot see what incident took place inside the club but the video shows he had an opportunity to walk away and didnt. The video shows the bouncer is the aggressor but he shouldn't have still been standing there. Once there was trouble he should not have stayed there and kept trying to talk... If he would have just left he would not have been arrested

Westdawg
12-22-2014, 02:45 PM
the bouncer was doing the job he was hired to do. Kelly was thrown out and off the property, but still refused to leave. he had already had an altercation of some form inside which caused him to be outside. And as someone who has been in situations with a group of bouncers, it doesn't matter if you started it or not. If you don't want your butt kicked and beaten to bloody pulp, then you better vacate the premises...and that means COMPLETELY leave the premises. Many a nights i watched Hunt Club bouncers enforce this to the point of dragging to the end of the parking lot at the edge of Hwy 12. You run your mouth and keep standing around, they are going to make sure they get their point across to you, or all over you. They don't care which.

Tdawg
12-22-2014, 03:03 PM

I've always known they had influence within the media, but to be able to get deadspin in their back pocket is pretty damn impressive.

Saltydog
12-22-2014, 03:26 PM
kicked out........

RBritt
12-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Buddy of mine is the Manager at Ropers in Hattiesburg. His crew and himself would have shown Mr Kelly a world he never knew existed. I've seen many a tough guys get the f$ck beaten out of them outside/inside of Ropers. It's their world and their word when you step into it. The cops just bag em and tag em after the bouncers staighten them out. Bouncers and cops usually cover each other's backs really well.

Westdawg
12-22-2014, 03:49 PM
Buddy of mine is the Manager at Ropers in Hattiesburg. His crew and himself would have shown Mr Kelly a world he never knew existed. I've seen many a tough guys get the f$ck beaten out of them outside/inside of Ropers. It's their world and their word when you step into it. The cops just bag em and tag em after the bouncers staighten them out. Bouncers and cops usually cover each other's backs really well.

wanna know why?? because a large percentage of bouncers are off-duty LEOs. most idiots who walk into a bar and, after becoming drunk, believe that they can talk to anyone in there and whoop 'em. the problem is that those establishments aren't like Road House where its just a bunch of overweight guys collecting a check. most bouncers today are certified ministers of mayhem, with a badge or the authority to open up as much as they want and the ability to back it all up. Bars aren't what they used to be 20 yrs ago.