PDA

View Full Version : Who are these WTVA New F*cks? Should be WOMA news of north mississippi..

RougeDawg
12-22-2014, 12:37 AM
North of Aberdeen hunting at camp and can only pick up local BS channels. Just watched the OM, I mean Tupelo news and those bastards are so pro OM they rival the CL. Lead into the sports segment was "Are you ready......, for some bowl games". Which was proceeded by Bro answering the question about how he thinks OM fans will view his legacy he replies "I really don't care." News guy didn't see Bro's shitty attitude as anything worth commenting on.

Then they proceed to MSU segment and the intro is how much success Mullen has had and how he has changed the perspective of the program, which would only mean he will make a jump to a program who can win a national championship. Seriously? Then the segment ends with Mullen saying "I think we have the best facilities in the SEC". Sports guy follows with, "I bet the people in Tuscaloosa have something to say about that. Then they drool over INt leader Eli and his embarrassment of a team.

Then the news ***, only reported the weather conditions of Oxford. Only city he mentioned. Thank God I don't live in Mississippi anymore if this is the daily bullshit most of you have to deal with. Its a GD joke. MSU people should start doing their best to put these ignorant biased media outlets out of business. First night I've watched and I was wondering why the entire news team wasn't decked out in deck shoes, bow ties, and red/blue attire.

Dawg61
12-22-2014, 12:43 AM
What's local news? I haven't watched that in a decade.

gravedigger
12-22-2014, 01:01 AM
Im thinking you expect a bit too much expertise from local news. A few suggestions:

no local stations ever do sports correctly.

Tupelo, and its viewing area has alot of om and bama fans in it.

The only valuable 10 minutes they do each day is the weather early in the morning. Kara james i think is getting a grad degree from msu and does the weather in the morning.

Expecting anything but amateurish journalism from local news is silly.

drunkernhelldawg
12-22-2014, 03:23 AM
I agree that local news is usually frustrating, but to be fair, Sunday is not the day to judge a local newscast.

RougeDawg
12-22-2014, 08:15 AM
It was one of the few channels I happen to get and it came on right after Cardinals Seahawks game. I didn't change channels and I thought I was watching a news production from Oxford, not Tupelo. Just an observation that most news outlets across the state are bias toward OM, except maybe the Sun Herald.

notsofarawaydawg
12-22-2014, 08:33 AM
WCBI in Columbus is worse that the Tupelo station. Most of their sports comes out of their Tupelo bureau and they cover ICC in Fulton more than they cover EMCC in Scooba. Brother Freezus always has a halo over his head when he appears on WCBI sports too. I very rarely watch either station anymore. They are both pathetic.

Barking 13
12-22-2014, 09:20 AM
WCBI in Columbus is worse that the Tupelo station. Most of their sports comes out of their Tupelo bureau and they cover ICC in Fulton more than they cover EMCC in Scooba. Brother Freezus always has a halo over his head when he appears on WCBI sports too. I very rarely watch either station anymore. They are both pathetic.

yep.. It's a Columbus station, but they will talk about nearly every other town around except Columbus... The sports has been $h!t since Derek Cody left.

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2014, 09:22 AM
The Sunday crew at WTVA is usually the third team. The top people there generally play the UM-MSU stuff fairly well down the middle. Like the above poster said, Oxford is in their viewing area too. There are also as many Bammers as there are MSU/UM people. Welcome to Bamassippi.

RougeDawg
12-22-2014, 09:26 AM
I get all of your points and am thankful I don't have to hear it every day but the only current weather conditions the guy spoke about were Oxford. Not even the damn city he was broadcasting from. Pretty damn pathetic

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2014, 09:49 AM
They skip around with the current conditions. They use Oxford and yes, Starkville a lot because MDOT has traffic cams there.

Dawgbite
12-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Where were you hunting? I live north of Aberdeen about 10 miles. WTVA usually alternate heavy one day UM and heavy the next MSU. It seems preplanned and not related to a bigger news item at one or the other.

DownwardDawg
12-22-2014, 11:03 AM
What's local news? I haven't watched that in a decade.

Same here. I don't remember the last time.

Political Hack
12-22-2014, 11:29 AM
if you think that's bad you should hear the morning announcements at my local elementary school. Kindergarteners can barely read!!! my neighborhood newsletter sucks too.